Page 458 of 528 FirstFirst ... 358408438448452453454455456457458459460461462463464468478508 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I mean, I get it.

But the previews for following weeks give almost no information. The clips go by so quickly, you don't even have time to register what might be happening on screen. I'm not marking them as spoilers. If Psy wants to go behind me and do it to, that's his deal. If only Shlup were still around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I tend to avoid movie trailers for films I already know I want to see, yeah. It's about not knowing what to expect. You guys are already putting together theories about things and that means you go in with expectations and lose a bit of the shock value over things that can happen. It's a personal choice. I mean I can't understand why people would want to spoil things about the next show for themselves. Being impatient for information and sacrificing the impact of a show for the sake of theorycrafting, maybe? I dunno. But whatever floats your boat is cool, I just prefer to be able to discuss GoT with you guys without compromising my enjoyment, and spoiler tags is the easiest way out for that. I like to talk about what was, and guess what will be, without having some massive clues shoved in my face. I mean if a movie stopped half way through and gave a teaser for the next half of the film right in the middle of it I'd be pretty annoyed about that too. I just want to watch it in the order the director wants, not so much the marketers.

If you refuse to spoiler tag such things I'll leave it to staff to decide whether or not that's okay but personally I think it's pretty inconsiderate to not do so given that it's really bloody easy to tag and takes nothing away from those that actually don't care about teaser trailers while still allowing those of us that do to partake in the thread without issue.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wait....

do you guys not want episode titles either? Cause the episode title gives away a location int he next episode too

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Also also, they have new directors for each episode so the director wants to cut if off when they do soooo

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Also also also, yeah theorycrafting is half the fun!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Well

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I mean

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Next time on BoB's post: He may complete his retort!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I literally don't care.

ALSO, this thread is 95% theorycrafting, why tf are you even coming in here if that ruins the show for you? I genuinely do not understand why you even read it or post in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Theory crafting is fun but yeah I don't read the titles for episodes (although not by intent, I've legit never thought about it). Why would I? I just... watch the show. D: I wonder if I've ever gone out of my way to read the episode titles for any show.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So you just... wait... and not think about the show or what has happened and not want to know more? I guess it's hard for me to get why you wouldn't want more info when you enjoy something

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I like the theory crafting. I just don't like being told what is coming in the next show. 99% of the theory crafting in this thread has nothing to do with teasers. Almost everything in this thread is to do with the aired episodes and reactions to them.

Well, that and the 500 pages of "hey you should tag that" we've gone through.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Liar. Half this show/thread was book readers being like

"oh hey guys guess what "

until the last two seasons

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't know if I can explain it in a way that someone who doesn't like doing it would understand. Likewise I don't think you could explain why you would want to watch the teasers, especially if they supposedly give you so little information. I'll try anyway!

I just really like going into an episode with zero knowledge of what's gonna happen, who's story I'll be told, who will meet who, which plotline will resurface, etc. I want to go "ooh, wow" during the episode and ride that feels train the second we see a plotline pick up. I guess it increases my levels of excitement and immersion when I see us move to a new location and I wasn't just waiting for it to happen, but am actually just thrown into it.

Just more enjoyable for me (and others) that way. I can understand the want to talk about things though. Eventually I read a bunch of the bookstuffs and I've enjoyed glimpsing into the book spoilers on occasion. I guess it also ties into those who enjoy discussing a whodunnit movie while it's going on and those who like everyone to shut the hell up so they can get really into it. Just different strokes for different folks. I'm very much the "shut up I'm watching you're ruining this" kinda guy when watching films I've never seen before but I've found it interesting when I've already seen it and two people who haven't are actively discussing it as they watch it with me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Liar. Half this show/thread was book readers being like

"oh hey guys guess what "

until the last two seasons
    That's basically what I meant, all those book readers saying stuff like that and all those who hadn't read the books going "omfg mark your goddam spoilers".