Page 460 of 528 FirstFirst ... 360410440450454455456457458459460461462463464465466470480510 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Interesting, I never thought of the coming next week trailers as spoilers for anything since they are made to intentionally misdirect and just get people to WANT to watch the next episode (not that GoT needs extra hype or a reason to tune in). Some of my favorite little things about TV trailers, and this might be a little inside baseball (futbol for you non Yanks) but a lot of showrunners put their trailers together to actually kind of troll the audience a little bit anyway. Most famously, if you've ever watched a "Next Episode" trailer for Mad Men, it would literally just be shots of people opening and closing doors and hanging up phones, so you literally have no clue what is coming next except... people will be opening and closing doors or answering a phone.

I expect the remaining episode trailers for GoT to be something like this: DRAGONS! WHITE WALKERS! MORTAL PERIL! Someone getting knocked down but who is it? Fire! Ice! Characters looking scared or angry or brooding. 30 seconds is not really enough time to spoil much of anything, unless they are revealing some unknown character appearing, which I don't think they'd be dumb enough to do.

Movie trailers however, can be different. I have seen 2 minute movie trailers that not only essentially spoil a movie but have all the best jokes and action shots already in them. That to me seems foolish, but again, it's a matter of showing people something that gets them to want to go watch it. Game of Thrones is in the unique IP situation of people tuning in no matter what. It could essentially have no PR at all and would still draw massive ratings.

To each their own.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eh, yeah, I can see both sides to this. I personally don't mind watching 'next time' teasers at the ends of episodes, but I only rarely watch trailers for films or television shows. I'll watch them sure, but I don't go out of my way to see the latest trailer. Just if it comes up in a cinema trailer or a friend goes "OMG LOOK AT THIS" and shoves their laptop in my face.

I mean if we were to go strict with this, a 'next time' teaser is aired programming, and so doesn't necessarily require a spoiler tag, but I don't think it's so bad to just wrap a piece of text with the tag regardless.

Haven't actually seen the next time teaser for next week as well, though I could've guessed we'd be going back to the Wall at some point.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

"Rickon?"
    "...Dickon."

Bronn:

56492658.jpg

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Yeah BoB explained it pretty well. Going into a film or TV Show completely blind enhances the enjoyment for me. I don't even like it when I'm watching something and someone says "oh there's a really good bit coming up soon", it means I'm anticipating something that I probably would have enjoyed more had I not been expecting it.
    yes, thats exactly how i feel, and because of that i'm doing my very best to avoid seeing anything GoT related, i dont read theories and dont watch the teaser/trailer for the next episode.
    i've stopped watching and looking for trailers in general because i've had a couple of movies ruined by searching more stuff of it on the internet

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Would like to give Liam Cunningham mad props for being the best Geordie accent from a non-Geordie that I've ever seen on TV.

It makes me appreciate his character so much more.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

oh trout son

he's not a geordie???

his accent is really good
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Geordie is one of my favourite accents I've heard and I still didn't even realise that was a Geordie accent he was putting on. xD I love his voice though so I guess it chimes in nicely with my love for the Tyneside accent.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

hey BoB?

judging from freya's promo pics there's grass in the next episode

WHATTUP ENJOY YOUR SPOILERS

#originalgangster

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've also heard from HBO that a character with the last name Stark will be featured in the episode.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

EYES ON FF EXCLUSIVE LEAK: First two minutes of the episode will feature a model of Westeros set to some stirring orchestral music as people's names appear on the screen.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

BIG TIME SPOILERS: Characters with the initials JS and DT will have some kind of interaction.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

From those images I can tell that
    a) characters will be looking off at some things
    b) those things may be other characters!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

holy trout i never would have thought they'd put arya holding that valyrian knife to littlefinger's throat in a promo pick goddamn
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I mean you should have seen it coming, with how much attention they paid to the knife! It was inevitable! But really, in a promo pic? Way to spoil an entire plotline, HBO.