Page 463 of 528 FirstFirst ... 363413443453457458459460461462463464465466467468469473483513 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Previously on is ok if you are just recapping the last episode or episodes (and I actually like that), but it is super out of place when they bring up scenes from prior seasons.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Like the recent dagger thing. They showed when it was used to try to kill bran, when it was shown by ned to littlefinger. So then you knew going into the episode that that dagger was going to show up again cause they just showed you not one but two scenes involved with it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Pet peeve: People who watch a show and only look at the screen when loud noises happen.

I know someone who watches Game of Thrones. He's all caught up...and he still doesn't really know anyone's name. He texts and uses his laptop during dialogue scenes, which is 90% of any given show, and just looks up at the screen when explosions happen or a dragon screeches.

And yet he still goes out to drop full price on a new season DVD when it comes out.

I want to slap people who are 10% invested in shows. Watch it or don't.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Pet peeve: People who watch a show and only look at the screen when loud noises happen.

I know someone who watches Game of Thrones. He's all caught up...and he still doesn't really know anyone's name. He texts and uses his laptop during dialogue scenes, which is 90% of any given show, and just looks up at the screen when explosions happen or a dragon screeches.

And yet he still goes out to drop full price on a new season DVD when it comes out.

I want to slap people who are 10% invested in shows. Watch it or don't.
    this.. this.. omg, how can they... omg.. these kind of people deserve to get burned.

my sister is (more or less) one of those. last week she posted a vid of the dogs playing while i could hear the Lannister army burning and screaming in the background.

also:
    Last edited by Shaibana; 08-12-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ha! She just read that rheagar got an annulment. Bam sam

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Okay so I was almost right. Gendry was at eastwatch but he went with Jon.

Also called j-bear reuniting with Kelly c.

Jon and drogon bonded. And as I mentioned a moment ago, gilly mispronounced it so Sam didn't catch it but it said that rhaegar got an annulment. So bam. Miss jinx being all "he's not a true targ" guess what! Bam.

I was so excited about the gendry reveal though. I need him to reunite with arya.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

2 separate posts, dude?

I said before I'd humbly eat crow if I was wrong and I came here to do that, but calm down, Emeril Lagasse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I even had a funny joke saying that I was about to eat a big ol' bowl of the Night's Watch, so thanks for ruining that too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am so on board with #babylannister btw.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Out of all the scenarios I expected for Jaime, peacefully washing up on the shore with all his armor on was not one of them. I'll accept it, but also give it a little side eye.

It was alright that they didn't do the previously on for Gendry. They did a good job of establishing who he is and where we left him during the course of the episode. I loved the throwback to episode one. Jon and Gendry's conversation paralleled the one where Roberts like "You've gotten fat".

Arya and Sansa both know the type of person Little Finger is, so if he successfully pulls one over on them it's gonna be a wtf moment. But hey, this is a man who's talked himself into staying alive for 7 seasons. I think Arya will end up wearing his face, though. The more I think on it, the more I think Bran gave her that dagger for a reason.

Good to see Tormund and the Brotherhood for the first time since the season premiere.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haha, still rowing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Out of all the scenarios I expected for Jaime, peacefully washing up on the shore with all his armor on was not one of them. I'll accept it, but also give it a little side eye.
    Agreed. That shot of him sinking into the deep was a cheap and unnecessary cliffhanger attempt. They could've just ended it on Bronn throwing Jaime into the water and it would've been better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Haha, still rowing.
    Nice little nod there. I suspect the only reason they even brought Gendry back was because of the fan love for him. But blimey, he looked a bit... rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I even had a funny joke saying that I was about to eat a big ol' bowl of the Night's Watch, so thanks for ruining that too.

"Raggar". God bless you Gilly.

Davos stole that episode. Davos steals every episode though.

Also bloody hell, pour one out for the Tarlys. That was some godawful trout right there.

Finally, haha, Littlefinger little fingered Arya. BoB, I don't understand why you love Littlefinger so much and hate Bronn. Weirdo.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    BoB, I don't understand why you love Littlefinger so much and hate Bronn. Weirdo.
    Pretty confident this is a joke but because internet and 8am I can't be certain: I love Bronn and detest Littlefinger.

Drogon love for Jon was cool.
    Bronn is cool by default.
    Varys be all "Yes I'll definitely tell you when you're going mad" and then he's like "hey Tyrion why don't you do it" like dude you just swore you'd tell her it's time to grow some balls and do it yourself.
    Jamie is just a constant disappointment around Cersei.
    Seriously Sam just listen to your missus will you that was important as heck. I wonder if he'll ever get around to actually noting that because if not then what the crap. Maybe Gilly will have a super important role to play in "oh btw that was legitimised you're no bastard" somewhere down the line.
    Dickoff.
    dat dead army tho
    also lol reasoning with Cersei like that'll ever happen if she found out white walkers were real she'd just be like "how can I work this to my advantage"
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

So, no more doubts that Jon's a Targ, I guess. I'm preparing myself a glass of cognac, a 42 ounce steak, and a bubblebath if Tyrion's one as well. I always found Davos's chapters to be quite dull in the book, but man, every episode I love him more and more.

EDIT: Also stand by my original statement in that I think Jon wants nothing to do with the throne, even if he's technically the rightful heir.
    Last edited by Doomie; 08-14-2017 at 11:11 AM.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Varys be all "Yes I'll definitely tell you when you're going mad" and then he's like "hey Tyrion why don't you do it" like dude you just swore you'd tell her it's time to grow some balls and do it yourself.
    Low blow, man. Low blow.

Davos continues to be the most meta guy in the show and Littlefinger gets points for trying but I still think he's absolutely screwed. Either Arya and Sansa will work it out or Arya won't even be fooled in the first place.

Loved the last scene since I'm a big sucker for characters' paths intertwining like that. Magnificent 7 memes aplenty already.

Prediction: The Hound dies next episode, only to be resurrected so Cleganebowl will be 2 men who technically died. On that note, I get the feeling Beric, Thoros and Tormund are doomed to not return from their little trip. The other 4 will most likely make it back.