Page 43 of 528 FirstFirst ... 233337383940414243444546474849536393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

A boy can dream.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I am completely excited about almost all of those new characters.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Fire from dragons? Ice Zombies? They should call this show a Show of Ice and Fire! That could be a clever original title that is inventive!

HOLY AWESOME! That end that is. Brienne was a badass and the khal drogo part made me teary eyed. Poor Theon His men are dicks. The Maester Luwin made me teary eyed too! I don't think they did a good job alluding to the deal Quorin and Jon had. Jon just seemed to... kill him. And I wasn't impressed by the House of the Undying. It was just meh. Weren't they supposed to allude to future events? But no it just made me sad about Drogo

Also funniest thing I read on reddit:
    "CARL! GET IN THE smurfING HOUSE!"

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

The (SPOILER)CG white walkers looked stupid.The episode should have ended with the looks on Sam's and his companions' faces after (SPOILER)the horn sounded for the third time.

The scene between Shae and Tyrion was really touching, though; and Brienne is awesome!
    Last edited by Marshall Banana; 06-04-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As episodes this season go, this was one of the better ones. As finales go, this one kind of blowed. Pretty disappointing. Not enough Tyrion or Arya. Too much Jon and Dany. They're cool and all but their storylines are so far removed from the rest of the cast that it's hard to care all that much.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    As episodes this season go, this was one of the better ones. As finales go, this one kind of blowed. Pretty disappointing. Not enough Tyrion or Arya. Too much Jon and Dany. They're cool and all but their storylines are so far removed from the rest of the cast that it's hard to care all that much.
    Are you kidding, the best parts of the episode came from those two storylines. Freakin' dragons burning bitches and zombies eating the fat kid!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

House of the Undying was a real let down compared to the things Dany saw in the book. Agree with Kaycee that the Qhorin scene wasn't really explained well enough. Other than that, pretty good!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I need to stop reading this thread. You people are smurfing impossible to please. I have no complaints.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I guess my expectations are too high. I just remember a lot of 'oh sh*t' moments in the last few episodes of season 1, and the finale did a good job of tying up all the storylines from the season and setting up the new stories for each character. This finale had too many loose ends that weren't tied, but I guess it just continues on into the next book/season.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Are you kidding, the best parts of the episode came from those two storylines. Freakin' dragons burning bitches and zombies eating the fat kid!
    I didn't see them eat him. They just walked right past him! And he's so fat and juicy too.

Those moments were cool but those stories are moving so slowly that it's hard to keep interest. At this pace the zombies will reach the wall by the end of season 3, Winterfell by the end of season 4, and King's Landing by the end of season 5 when people will finally give a smurf about them. Also it would be nice to see Daenerys have interaction with a major character other than Jorah for a change. I hope she actually gets ships and sails them next season instead of more 'hmmm how do I get some ships kind stranger of a random free city?'

Speaking of Winterfell, why was the city deserted? I thought there were 500 men waiting outside it to liberate it, yet nobody is there and the whole city burns? And how did Luwin's ass get all the way to the godswood?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cos Luwin is cool as trout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I need to stop reading this thread. You people are smurfing impossible to please. I have no complaints.

I thought it was a pretty bland season finale. Maybe if you've read the book, it played better for you. But compared to a bunch of other season finales, it really doesn't compare. Look at the recent season finales for Breaking Bad, Revenge, Grey's Anatomy (!!!!), Sherlock, etc.

It's one of those situations where the individual pieces are better than the whole. Each individual scene was good (except the Dany stuff) but for some reason, when you put it all together you don't have a exciting and cohesive episode. This show has really really terrible editing/pacing problems. It's even worse than True Blood, which has horrific pacing.

The stuff with Luwin was super sad. ;_; And also super sad that they turned Arya's friend ugly. Whyyy?? Hope he doesn't keep that face if he and Arya meet up again. Dany & Drogo's baby was smurfing cute as hell. I wanted to eat that baby. Nom nom nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Also funniest thing I read on reddit:
    "CARL! GET IN THE smurfING HOUSE!"
    LMAO, I immediately flashed back to the Walking Dead during the last scene.
    Last edited by Miriel; 06-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oddly enough, I thought the season finale of Grey's Anatomy was bland. Aside from the first maybe 1/3 of it, which was really good. Revenge was bland all the way through, though I get the feeling it's just getting started, which is good.

It's true that this season was more about building up for the next two seasons, which cover my favorite book. Dany's story is the slowest to build. For being constrained by the overall storylines of the books, I think they're doing as well as they can with the pacing. These fabulous books could easily translate into a terrible show, but they've managed to keep the show engaging and visually stunning.

For some reason, Maester Luwin has always been the most gutting death to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The whole time with Luwin, I wanted to ;-;

ALSO OMG SO MUCH PODRICK

I LOVE YOU POD

I want to eat him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that the show is limited by the source material and they could have done a terrible job with it. Some of the best moments of this season (Arya + Tywin) weren't even in the book. I'm reading A Clash of Kings right now and it's pretty dry compared to the first one.

I'm excited for the next seasons if those are your favorite, Amanda. I don't know if I'll be able to wait a year before reading ahead of the show.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Once you read ahead of the show, there's no stopping it. There are a few characters where I can't watch a scene with them without just being like "I know what happens to yoooouuu. "