Page 123 of 528 FirstFirst ... 2373103113117118119120121122123124125126127128129133143173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

spoiler about TB's and LFC's spoilerI kept hearing that Benioff and Weiss originally wanted to make ASOIAF a TV series because of the Red Wedding. So while they super-deviate from the books on everything else, they'll want to keep the RW true to the source. Except with Talisa "from Volantis" being alongside Robb (yes, I want to believe she is a spy for the Lannisters XD).

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Book 3 spoiler/Season 3 speculationI'm kind of buying into the "Talisa is a spy" theory. I think it makes sense for the show. A large part of the shock factor in the books was the sense of utter betrayal. The fact that Frey is actually a bannerman of Robb's, the laws of hospitality... all that sort of stuff has not really been communicated in the show, and with good reason. Having someone so close to Robb betray him would be a more effective way to communicate the raw betrayal of the RW.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    spoiler about TB's and LFC's spoilerI kept hearing that Benioff and Weiss originally wanted to make ASOIAF a TV series because of the Red Wedding. So while they super-deviate from the books on everything else, they'll want to keep the RW true to the source. Except with Talisa "from Volantis" being alongside Robb (yes, I want to believe she is a spy for the Lannisters XD).

(SPOILER) If she isn't a spy, it was a pretty stupid change from the book, honestly. See, the thing that D&D don't do well is making changes for an actual purpose. They more just go like, "OH THIS WOULD BE COOL LET'S DO THIS." instead of actually thinking about how that change will affect the series or the pacing of the show.

Example: the scenes about Pod's dick. No, really. It was an unnecessary joke that took away from time that could've been used developing plot, as this season has really been lacking much movement in the story.

And if they just changed Talisa for trouts and giggles, it was totally unnecessary. To be honest, I was never that take with Jeyne Westerling's background or story. What I mean is, it was never particularly interesting to me. But I don't think them making Talisa from Volantis was that interesting of a change either. If she isn't a spy, the only thing I can think of is that they changed her character to make audiences connect more with her. Which is necessary on some level, as the viewer is more connected to Robb in the show, as opposed to not being that connected with Robb personally because all of his scenes are Cat's POV. And unless they're setting her up for future plotlines (someone said she might take place of Jeyne Poole for the fake Arya plotline. Not that they're actually going to pass her OFF as a fake Arya, just that she'd take Jeyne Poole's place of marrying Ramsay, torture, etc.) And unless this is a case, and she isn't a spy, the changes and time spent developing her character were screen time wasted. Especially considering during the books, the reader has no emotional connection to this girl, and she sort of shows up out of the blue (which, considering her role in the books, I actually think works.)

tl;dr If Talisa isn't a Lannister spy, the changes to her character in the show are pointless.

EDIT: oh hi, pontus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    We should just make a second thread for book discussion and be done with it

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There IS a book thread.

The point is that it's almost impossible to discuss the show and the direction it's going without discussing the books.

If there was a Harry Potter movie thread for movie watchers only, people wouldn't be saying, "GO GET YOUR OWN THREAD, BOOK READERS," cos you can't really separate one from the other, regardless of how many changes they've made. i.e.ruined something precious that you love

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    There IS a book thread.

The point is that it's almost impossible to discuss the show and the direction it's going without discussing the books.

If there was a Harry Potter movie thread for movie watchers only, people wouldn't be saying, "GO GET YOUR OWN THREAD, BOOK READERS," cos you can't really separate one from the other, regardless of how many changes they've made. i.e.ruined something precious that you love
    It's VERY easy to discuss where the show might go without discussing the books. We do it for every other show that doesnt have an original source material. Half of the people in this thread have been doing it for 62 pages.

And if there was a Harry Potter movie thread back when Harry Potter was still coming out then yes they should go to another thread to discuss anything that might happen in future books
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't care that much as long as everything is kept spoiler free, which it has done, but there was 6 completely spoiler wrapped posts in a row. Just saying.

Blog Entries

Also it's hard to tell if someone used the spoiler tags because they want to minimize giant spams of gifsets (which i love) or theyre hiding big spoilers (which I hate)
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Good thing we spoiler for you guys, I guess.

Articles
    Blog Entries

When people are labelling something, they should make care to ensure they name the spoiler so people know what they're getting themselves into.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Or people could just read the books.

OR

Since it seems a lot of people in this thread have no intention of ever reading the books, just read the spoiler? You're not ruining much for yourself. The people who have read the books are spoiled to a pretty big degree on what's happening in the show.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Spoilers, eh?

I liked the bit when (SPOILER)Brandon Stark gets brutally choked to death as he watches his father burn myself, although the wedding of (SPOILER)Ned Stark and Catelyn Tully where the bride was meant to marry the brother who was killed by (SPOILER)The Mad King was depressing. Mind you, at least (SPOILER)Jaime Lannister got revenge by stabbing the bastard as he soiled himself.

Oh, and I also liked the bit when the dragons (SPOILER)of Aegon the conquerer tore Westeros a new one. I also liked it when (SPOILER)Brynden Rivers son of (SPOILER)Aegon IV Targaryen became Lord Commander of the Night's Watch after being sent up there with (SPOILER)Aemon Targaryen, who of course we all know and love for their friendship with Sam.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

To summarize what Psy's trying to say: you all some whiny bitches.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It occurred to me that whilst it might be less dramatic, Melisandre's got a power that is a hell of a lot more dangerous than shadowbabby. That was a one-shot that killed one person, very usefully but ultimately nothing that couldn't have got done by a regular assassin.

No, she can find people. She found Gendry. She knew that he was A) King Robert's bastard, when only a handful of people knew that, and B) that he was still alive, which only a handful of people knew. No living people possess both those pieces of information, not even Gendry himself. The only people who know he was with the Brotherhood Without Banners were the Brotherhood, Arya, and Hot Pie, but she rode straight up into the camp (She knew where that was too) and found him. She knew enough to know he was alive and in that camp, even if she didn't necessarily know which incredibly sexy young man there he was.

Thus, either she's got a network of spies that Littlefinger and the Spider combined couldn't dream of or the Red God's given her more than just a shadowbabby. That said I'll never stop relishing her disbelief that the terrible drunkard nonbelieving Thoros of Myr gets to cast Rez.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    It occurred to me that whilst it might be less dramatic, Melisandre's got a power that is a hell of a lot more dangerous than shadowbabby. That was a one-shot that killed one person, very usefully but ultimately nothing that couldn't have got done by a regular assassin.

No, she can find people.
    So she's both a one-shot day vigilante AND a Follower? Sheesh, some Mafia role.