Page 378 of 528 FirstFirst ... 278328358368372373374375376377378379380381382383384388398428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah. Unless you're now suggesting that every single person that the dragons go near and do not kill are somehow going to be considered Targaryan, I don't see the Tyrion Targaryan thing at all. Not to mention it would crap all over the emotionally invested hatred Tyrion and Tywin had towards each other. That hatred is better when it's real.

Regarding Davos, his options were...

1) Side with the people he sees as good and honest, even if they are few and facing likely death.
    2) Side with the people who just murdered their lord commander who you saw as a good, honest person.
    3) Run away.

...no brainer, really, for a guy like Davos. He was only ever going to do anything he could for the good guys to win. As for how easy it was to sway Melisandre, she is having such a mid life crisis at the moment over everything that has gone down, I think she was desperate to convince herself that the gods have not abandoned her. She was scared, too. In the situation they were in, it wasn't great either... I mean, if she didn't do what she could, they were likely going to die regardless.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Gosh Freya, learn to mark your book spoilers :P

But yes, in the books (SPOILER)it is revealed that Aerys is strongly rumoured to have had an affair with Joanna Lannister and it is plausible though unlikely that he could be the father of Tyrion Lannister.
    That's an exaggeration. (SPOILER)This is all it says:

Prince Aerys . . . as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the . . . the liberties your father took during the bedding.

No affair, just a creepy gropey mad king.

Also jeez - Tywin and Joanna were cousins so their kids are all inbred... and then said kids decided to escalate the inbreeding to a 10. No wonder Joffrey turned out so smurfed up.

I wonder if Jon will take revenge against the men who killed him the first time.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Joanna and Tywin are said to have loved each other very much (or at least he loved her). So if Tyrion is a Targ (and he is), she was probably raped. Which, BoB, would make the hatred that much more real for Tywin. Especially because he could never know truly if Tyrion was his son. Then to top it off, he killed the love of his life when he was born. And he was a dwarf, which made him the mockery of Westeros. So I don't think it'd cheapen the hate, just make it something different.

EDIT: That said, if Tywin ever thought/found out that Aerys raped Joanna, I'd imagine Aerys would've ended up with a sword in the back long before Jaime ever thought to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Tyrion said dragons are smart, but he just ain't quick witted enough to know that he is a Targaryan

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Honestly with Jon being resurrected. They are obviously setting up a showdown between Jon and the wilding army versus Ramsey. Ohh would the fan boys go mental if Ramsey won that battle killing Jon Snow again.

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Honestly with Jon being resurrected. They are obviously setting up a showdown between Jon and the wilding army versus Ramsey. Ohh would the fan boys go mental if Ramsey won that battle killing Jon Snow again.
    Which he will because this is Game of Thrones - where every character you love will die. Sometimes multiple times.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If Tyrion is a Targaryan, Jon is a snow and Targaryan, Gendry is a Baratheon and a Targaryan and Theon is a stark and a Greyjoy.... am I still me?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, you are still a severed hand. Can't promise any more than that.

Blog Entries

That brief pause from Ramsey made that twist really obvious.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm interested to see how the masses react to Lord Bolton being "poisoned by his enemies" while his wife and baby, quite clearly shown visibly in the middle of day amongst the soldiers, and then clearly screaming wildly as she is eaten alive. I mean, if Stannis burns his kid alive, most of his soldiers just abandon him. How the hell can Ramsey get away with what he's doing if that's the case? I mean, otherwise his army is pretty ballin' in size compared the few wildlings left at the wall. I know it's a castle but geez. Going on from that, Jon Snow - Lord Commander still, or dead and revived = can leave his post? What does he do? If he does leave his post, or kills the Bolton crew, does that mean he can't give orders to the Night's Watch? I mean, he can't have it both ways, can he?

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Going on from that, Jon Snow - Lord Commander still, or dead and revived = can leave his post? What does he do? If he does leave his post, or kills the Bolton crew, does that mean he can't give orders to the Night's Watch? I mean, he can't have it both ways, can he?
    Good point. I think they'll still follow him, seeing as he came back from the dead and has the Wildling support. Although to be honest, I think the Night's Watch is more or less redundant at this point. They're FAR too small in number to stop the White Walkers, and the Wildlings have already crossed the wall. After the White Walkers are defeated - which will probably happen eventually, unless Martin pulls an "absolutely everybody dies" ending -, the Night's Watch should probably be officially dissolved.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Going on from that, Jon Snow - Lord Commander still, or dead and revived = can leave his post? What does he do? If he does leave his post, or kills the Bolton crew, does that mean he can't give orders to the Night's Watch? I mean, he can't have it both ways, can he?
    Good point. I think they'll still follow him, seeing as he came back from the dead and has the Wildling support. Although to be honest, I think the Night's Watch is more or less redundant at this point. They're FAR too small in number to stop the White Walkers, and the Wildlings have already crossed the wall. After the White Walkers are defeated - which will probably happen eventually, unless Martin pulls an "absolutely everybody dies" ending -, the Night's Watch should probably be officially dissolved.
    I think the Night's Watch can indeed be dissolved when that happens, but that's epilogue material. The White Walkers are final series stuff.

My general belief is that Jon Snow would see it as dishonourable to abandon his brothers, and would therefore still want to lead the Night's Watch as, well, the Night's Watch. But Ramsey attacking Castle Black could change his opinion of which rules apply to the Night's Watch - what Ramsey is doing is massivley taboo. Which once again makes me wonder how his army is going to react to all this. I mean, this is Stannis to an exponential degree when it comes to doing things that make your army want to abandon you.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Here's the answer to your Jon Snow conundrum BoB. He has kept his oath, he served until death. He can therefore do whatever the hell he wants. So he goes down to Winterfell with the Wildlings and remnants of Stark loyalist Northern houses to give that rotter Ramsay a jolly good thrashing. Knowing what the true threat is, he heads back up to the Wall, takes the black a second time and gets elected Lord Commander again.

Not that I necessarily expect all of that to happen by the way, just wanted to cut the Gordian (Meereenese) Knot.

I wonder if they'll pull some amnesia trout or something. Or the Red Woman brought the wrong soul back and actually it's Ned in Jon's body.

Also, what about all Jon's fatal injuries? I know, I know..." magic". But when she was doing her spell he still had all those cuts in him which presumably haven't healed on account of him being dead. I guess I'll just have to assume that the magic fixed the internal injuries to a sufficient extent unless a better explanation comes along.

Although maybe he'll just get up, stumble around in agony for a few minutes then die again.