Page 439 of 528 FirstFirst ... 339389419429433434435436437438439440441442443444445449459489 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I just think you're all whiny babies. You can suspend disbelief that there's dragons and ice zombies but oh no, ed sheeran.

Wah

I was gonna respond to this but Formy summed it up better than I probably ever could.

When you watch something, you are presented with a certain reality. For Game of Thrones, it as all swords, sex, politics, death and dragons. You know what you are getting. Of course I can suspend disbelief for that. That is the world they are presenting. When the same show removes you from that world by presenting you with a person from your real life... the fantasy is ruined.

Not mentioning the name of any show... but if a long-running zombie apocalypse show had presented you with a world in which any time you are overrun by zombies... you had zero chance of survival. They then show you a person being eaten alive by hundreds of zombies... then a couple of shows later that same person didn't actually get bitten once, they crawled under a bin and the entire hoard decided it was getting late and went for an early night... despite the fact there was fresh meat in reaching distance. Yeah.

If you present us with an amazing world, don't get pissed off when you smurf up by doing something stupid. Now honestly, I'm not even close to being as upset by Ed Sheeran than I was with (if one existed) a long-running zombie apocalypse show and the death/miraculous survival of (let's call him Ben) a well-loved character. It was still out-of-place and I expected better from a show of such high standards. Game of Thrones is still life though.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm a little reluctant to look up predictions this year. I've been able to avoid the season 7 leaks, but I listen to a few Game of Thrones podcasts who's hosts have been spoiled, and they all pretty much say the same thing.

"Be careful what you read this year about upcoming episodes because there are a LOT of people disguising spoilers as just "shot in the dark" predictions."

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I agree. Just like it was really weird seeing Boromir in the first season.
    I think people are willing to suspend disbelief when it's professional actors. But Ed Sheeran isn't a professional actor, so it's more jarring to see him in a show than seeing Sean Bean not be Boromir.

I think. To be honest both sides of this discussion have a point.
    Hey man, The Rock plays The Rock in all his movies. And I'm ok with that.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's not even that he was there. They kept on pushing his face into shot as well.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The whole Ed Sheeran thing is dumb. Get over it peeps. GoT reached out to him for the part because he has a pretty voice and Maise is a low key superfan. If you can deal with seeing Boromir, Dr. Isaac, and Queen Gorgo, you can deal with Ed.

Totally love the serial killer vibe Arya is getting. Sansa is still a . I hope she dies. I still want to have Jon's babies. Dany's line gave me chills.

My predictions:

Euron's gift for Cersei is Gendry. Calling it.

And then Jaime kills Cersei, coming back around and is a Queen Killer.

Jon goes to Dany not to talk about who rules ('cause Jon don't care), but to fight together against the whitewalker army.

Dondarion dies again and doesn't come back. The Hound gets his lifes, dies in battle against the Mountain, is revived, and kills the mountain.

Sam saves Jorah. And the whitewalker war with the revelation about the dragon glass under the dragon place.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You guys do realise that Sean Bean has done more than play Boromir in Lord of the Rings, don't you? I get the similarities between the two worlds but Sean Bean has been acting for thirty-five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World View Post
    If you can deal with seeing Boromir, Dr. Isaac, and Queen Gorgo, you can deal with Ed.
    No, the people playing those roles are all legitimate actors. Ed is not.

Anyway, like I say, it annoyed me but the show is hardly ruined because it. Still very much looking forward to episode 2

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah still think you're over reacting. The only reason he was in frame more is cause they had him sitting next to maise cause again, suoerfan, the other guys had more speaking parts then him.

This trout is bananas, b-an-an-as.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yeah still think you're over reacting. The only reason he was in frame more is cause they had him sitting next to maise cause again, suoerfan, the other guys had more speaking parts then him.

This trout is bananas, b-an-an-as.
    Agreed. People are being whiny little babies.

And how about we get off the he's not a legitimate actor thing? I only knew him from an appearance or two in top gear so I don't have all this baggage you guys do, but if you are acting in anything, you're an actor. He was acting in game of thrones, so he's an actor. The idea that he would have needed to be more established in acting roles first for you all to not freak out about what amounted to a very small cameo is just silly to me. The only thing I give a trout about is if he took away from the show with his performance or not. Having him and some soldiers singing a song that works in universe of screen followed by a single line and shots with his face in them don't take away from the episode. His role fits, his performance fits, so it's end of story for me.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Now people are overreacting to people overreacting to Ed Sheeran.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can't tell me how I'm acting! You're not my mommy!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Not yet.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I will admit, my bananas comment was only because i was listening to Hollaback girl at the time.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

such big fuss over a little performance...
    i agree, stop bitching, its just a 5 minute roll that a famous GoT fan got for the sake of being in GoT because he can!..
    lucky him :3

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I agree. Just like it was really weird seeing Boromir in the first season.
    I think people are willing to suspend disbelief when it's professional actors. But Ed Sheeran isn't a professional actor, so it's more jarring to see him in a show than seeing Sean Bean not be Boromir.

I think. To be honest both sides of this discussion have a point.
    Hey man, The Rock plays The Rock in all his movies. And I'm ok with that.
    They really missed an opportunity by not having The Rock play Khal Drogo in season 1. The show would have been so much more popular!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I only knew of this Ed Sheeran believe it or not through my son because he listens to some of his songs from school or on the bus.

He was just lucky to partake in a small role in GoT. Imagine one of us were in his place and how we'd feel..