Page 445 of 528 FirstFirst ... 345395425435439440441442443444445446447448449450451455465495 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

And snipe Baelish while on the way out or something.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That would be the only interesting thing she could be doing there, but I think Littlefinger will go on for quite a while. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I dunno. I think everything is setting up for a real White Walker vs. Dragons thing. But I guess you have to have a few truly horrible bad guys in this series and he's one of the few left, alongside Cersei, The Mountain, Euron (all on the same side) and the White Walkers (too "pure evil"). Baelish, I guess, makes up the difference with Ramsey & the Freys out of the picture.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Sorry Formy but bumbling Euron would suck. You need to consider how utterly imbalanced Daenerys vs Cersei is. Cersei needed a strong ally at the start of this season otherwise it would just be Dany's uncontested procession to the throne which is boring.

Not to mention on a narrative level Daenerys has an actual hive full of main, named characters with significant development. Who did Cersei have? Jaime, but besides him the zombie Mountain (full of interesting conversation, that one!) and Qyburn, who despite being infinitely more interesting has had less than half the screen time of smurfing Missandei. Hell, he's had less screen time than Ros, Viserys (who was amazing but died six seasons ago!) and BoB's all time favourite Grenn! An interesting, dangerous character in Euron added to Cersei's stable is good for the story.
    Eh, that's actually a fair point. I didn't consider that Dany is probably due a 'loss' of some kind or another.

Gotta disagree though I really like Missandei. That scene with Grey Worm was nice.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I agree that her Grey Worn scene was good and definitely her high point on the show, but until then it has been four seasons of flat nothing from her.

I started watching Game of Thrones about a month and a half ago and have just caught up with it all.
    I didn't intend on getting through it in a relatively short space of time, but I found when I started I kinda had to. Not because I was enjoying it (although I was), but before if I'd stumble across a spoiler on Facebook or the news or whatever I wouldn't know or care about it so it'd be out of my mind in a second, but now I was interested an knew the characters, spoilers were my ultimate enemy! Thankfully I managed to avoid most of them. I knew things like Ned Stark dying, but for things like the red wedding, while I knew it was a thing that happened I didn't know who was involved or when it happened, and since someone is always planning or having a wedding in this show, it could have popped up at any time.

I think I preferred the first four seasons to the last two, but I think it's just because I seem to be able to call things before they happen a bit better now. Whether that's because the show has become a little more predictable or because I'm just more used to it I dunno.

Anyway, I certainly have three stand out scenes for me where the show gave me peak enjoyment. In order of appearence:

The Battle of Blackwater Bay - This was obviously when the show had a smaller budget and they clearly blew a lot of it on this, but wow. It was the first big set piece and it definitely blew my mind. Only one battle has matched it for me. So many excellent moments in this episode, certainly benefited from centring the whole episode around it.

The courtroom scene when Tyrion demands a trial by combat - When he gets sick of the farcical trial his father has put on for him. This is still the best acted scene in the show for me, sent shivers down my spine.

The Battle (Massacre?) at Hardhome - Matches Blackwater for me. Finally got a true look at the threat the White Walkers and their army pose. It was about time! Great episode.

P.S. Lyanna Mormont is a smurfing boss, she is my new favourite character...sorry Tyrion.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Cersei is... winning? Waaaah

I bet everyone is going to get annoyed with bran. "Hey did you hear that---" "yes."

Jon and dany need to bang already.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love Jaime. But I love, LOVE Olenna's last smurf you. The man went out of his way to make sure she had a painless, dignified death. And she still found a way to cut him, even after losing everything and everyone she loved.

Also that Ellaria/Tyene scene. Drone has been a disaster in this show, and I definitely felt Cersei was justified and was in her camp. But Ellaria's face as she realized what was happening was brutal. It's funny, the entire scene I kept talking about Cersei's bright pink lipstick. OH. Also, just seeing their anguish at being so close, but unable to give each other comfort or hold one another. They're both terrible people I have no emotional connection with, DAMN. I felt that scene.

Also: Dany supporters, y'all are insane. So is your bitch. But not in a good way. I'm glad she's losing. She needs to burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Nah the dragons will burn her opponents and your poor judgement of her

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dany is a terrible character who deserves death as much as Cersei. She didn't free the slaves because she cared. She did it out of pride and defiance. She's wholly selfish. She doesn't give a trout about Westeros. She doesn't care about White Walkers. She just wants a throne she thinks she has claim to (she doesn't, that died when's Robert took the throne).

Seriously, people just like her because she's pretty.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Euron had me crying with laughter. Twat. Finger up the bum. He's some fierce viking guy yet he's talking so British. I loved it.

God damn though. The Jon/Dany meeting was as tense as the Jon/Tyrion meeting was lovely.

The plan to leave the Unsullied stranded at an empty Casterly Rock is smurfing genius. At this point if I was Dany I'd just be like, smurf it, let's mash King's Landing and be done with this bollocks. Speaking of, lovely to finally see Casterly Rock and indeed Highgarden. Also god damn one last act of savagery from Olenna.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    There are many reasons to like Dany

1. She isn't Cercei
    2. She has 3 Dragons
    3. She has an awesome Hand

There are also many reasons to hate Cercei:

1. She stabs Jaime in the back
    2. She blamed Tyrion and Sansa (who is also a badass) for Joffs death
    3. She tried to have Sansa killed.
    4. She blew up her sons wife forcing him to commit suicide THEN blamed him for "betraying" her...
    5. She claims Olenna Tyrell betrayed her... but it was her that betrayed Olenna for killing her entire family.

Martin said the ending would be bitter sweet, so there is no way I can see Cercei getting out of this with her ass in the throne.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Dany is a terrible character who deserves death as much as Cersei. She didn't free the slaves because she cared. She did it out of pride and defiance. She's wholly selfish. She doesn't give a trout about Westeros. She doesn't care about White Walkers. She just wants a throne she thinks she has claim to (she doesn't, that died when's Robert took the throne).

Maybe Book Dany? But I believe show Dany to be more faithful to her causes.

You really just don't like the actress though, you've said this before.

Dany as a character isn't bad and of course she has no idea about the white walkers, no one knows about the white walkers. Everyone has thought Jon was lying before they saw the dead or the WW themselves. This isn't some wholly exclusive thing to Dany. This means you hate a majority of the characters on the show if that's the case. By the end of this epieosde it's not that she doesn't believe him she's just skeptical but she's still willing to help him out somewhat.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe him. Tyrion basically told her that she didn't have to, to just do whatever she could to keep a potential ally. It was wholly a political move. And you're right, Cersei and the lot also don't believe in White Walkers, but they're too busy squabbling over each other. Dany is supposed to be the "hero", and she just came off as a major bag this episode. She expects to be loved when she's done nothing worthy of that love. (And yes, I've admitted before I partially hate Dany because Emilia Clarke can't act and every scene she's in is painful. It's so apparent the skill levels of the other actors and how monumentally she fails to reach those levels herself. Would I like Dany more if she was played by someone else? Probably. Would I like her? No.)

I liked the old switcheroo they did with making Highgarden and Casterly Rock both white and to give you that small moment of throwing you off. A little let down by Casterly Rock after all these years. But Cersei has effectively wiped out Dany's army now, except for the Dothraki. I mean, the Unsullied are still alive, but they're miles away (although people goddamn teleport all over Westeros all the time, so I'm sure they'll be back next episode). She really should have listened to Olenna when the old broad told her to storm King's Landing and be done with it.

Tbh, I was disappointed that it was Bran, and not Arya, that was at the gate of Winterfell. Bran's insufferable now. xD