Page 326 of 528 FirstFirst ... 226276306316320321322323324325326327328329330331332336346376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can't wait for Sansa to get some serious revenge on Ramsay. It will happen.

Also about BronnHe got nicked by one of the sandsnakes. Poison?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought this show had a good balance of scenes in places where it was sunny and scenes where the weather was a bit miserable.

Also, I don't think there was anything wrong with Arya's scene with all the heads. All the characters currently alive in the show all have heads. Get a grip, people!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    OMG I love the court scene and how they have Sansa end the episode abruptly.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    A lot of people said they'd stop watching after Ned, after the Red Wedding, etc. but those viewing figures keep going up and up. The same people bitching about it will be back again next week.
    Game of Thrones from the VERY BEGINNING has been a hate watch for me. It is what it is. It does a great job of generating discussion and provides some good entertainment. But often times it has terrible pacing with stupidity abounding and there's ample things to bitch about with this show. Same with Walking Dead. Yeah, I keep watching cause eventually, I do want to know where it will all end up. But I'm pretty ok with bitching about the stupid points along the way.

As for Sansa's rape, it was just so god damn typical and lazy for them to go that way. Sure, it may not have been the worst thing to have happened on this show. And sexual violence is a real thing, happens all the time, etc etc. But maybe people wouldn't be so annoyed with this storyline of her's, if the show hadn't already wasted a lot of its sexual violence storylines on other characters already. You can't keep doing trout like this without people getting tired of it. It's god damn lazy and served no purpose aside from sucker punching you. And as for focusing on Theon's face during the assault instead of Sansa's and that somehow making it BETTER, this is a good rebuttal to that:

Sansa’s anguished screaming as she was violently assaulted by her new husband was hideous, full stop. But it was almost worse the way Jeremy Podeswa’s camera lingered on Alfie Allen’s tear-filled eyes, as if his violation was somehow equal to Sansa’s; as if this disgusting act was somehow part of Theon’s long and ugly path to redemption, not a brutal and unwarranted violation. Five seasons in, Game of Thrones is long past the point of earning gold stars simply by showing us the worst possible thing. There’s a fine line between exposing the dirty truth of the world and wallowing in it. - http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...bent-unbroken/

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    I am not going to comment on the rape scene but do people really like Sansa that much? To me she is absolutely annoying character ever since season one (true she is a little more tolerable now, but still far from my liking) and I don't personally think she is even that pretty.
    Well part of that is personality and what she does and that's whatever, but not pretty? That's... just objectively incorrect, she's an astonishingly beautiful woman.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I actually liked that episode a lot right up until the end which was uncomfortable to watch, mostly because whatsisname plays a DAMN CREEPY Ramsay Snow/Bolton. His creepy smiles and lines made it all the more worse.

I guess at this point I'm tired of the ~super dark and edgy~ Game of Thrones, like I understand that that's what makes GoT, well, GoT but after five seasons it's getting old. I want to see the good guys win just once or twice. I want Dany and Jon Snow to fly in on dragons and be super beautiful Targaryens and I want Arya and Sansa to stop having bad stuff happen to them for once? Also I want adventures with Tyrion and also with Brienne. And also Jaime/Bronn. Just all of them having adventures.

I guess I feel like you can have a "realistically" dark show without going over the top, and the current incarnation of the show feels dangerously close to doing so.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To me the focus on Theon was less about Theon and more about showing just how horrific this act was without the typical degree of GoT gratuitousness. However, I can totally see the side that feels it is saying "Theon watching a rape is worse than BEING raped".

I'm not entirely sure how useful it is to view it through our modern lens of what constitutes rape though. It's already been mentioned in the thread that "Sansa knew what she was getting into" will be the argument by some, but that doesn't mean we're saying it's not rape. Rather, Westeros has no concept of marital rape - the second Littlefinger said "marrying you to Ramsey Bolton" Sansa knew what that meant, but she elected right then to agree to the plan. (Very likely Littlefinger would have got his way anyway, but Sansa didn't know that and he explicitly said she had a choice.) So I kind of feel inclined to give at least a little credence to the writer (Or was it the director?) who said that whilst yes, it is rape, it is also Sansa willingly enduring something horrible in order to achieve some greater end.

But I can see a lot of different angles here. I think Eugene is very correct in saying hang on, but this rape is portrayed as entirely horrendous and as nothing except entirely horrendous. I also think it's valid to interpret it as focusing more on Theon than on Sansa. I also think what Pike says that it feels a bit like GoT making sure it reminds viewers "Hey we're Ow The Edge: The Show" is completely fair and it did feel a bit unnecessary in that sense. I can see the argument that it was lazy writing because it didn't really advance anyone's plot or character arcs (or even set them back), and though for my part I think we need to hold off to see what happens in the coming episodes to really know that for sure, I'm sadly unconvinced they'll be daring enough to have Sansa stab Ramsey through the eyeball with her brooch or something.

I guess I don't think it was a high point but I can see what they were going for? I felt the Cersei/Jaime scene last season was a MUCH bigger misstep because what they claimed they were going for wildly diverged with how it was on-screen. This seems pretty ambiguous to me but I can at least hypothetically envision future episodes that in retrospect make this work better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    I am not going to comment on the rape scene but do people really like Sansa that much? To me she is absolutely annoying character ever since season one (true she is a little more tolerable now, but still far from my liking) and I don't personally think she is even that pretty.
    Well part of that is personality and what she does and that's whatever, but not pretty? That's... just objectively incorrect, she's an astonishingly beautiful woman.
    I don't find her attractive either. I love her character and as an actress she's been amazing, but I just don't find her that pretty. One of my pet peeves is when they refer to her as one of the greatest beauties in the land or whatever in the show, to me it just felt like they were trying to make that the case just by saying it, but I've heard friends say they find her beautiful so I guess it's a matter of preference. Don't know how you can tell someone they're incorrect when they say they personally don't find someone pretty either, but this is the internet I guess.

Also, in regards to the rape scene, would a book reader mind putting in spoiler tags how that scene played out in the book, if it indeed happened at all. I keep seeing people say that it could have been handled differently and just wanted to know how it differed from the books, and don't want to go looking around the Internet in case I see some unwanted spoilers.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I do think the hairstyles she has in the show usually aren't very flattering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

pheesh

the incident in the book it actually happened to Jayne Poole, Sansa's best friend that they took out of the show. They try to pass her off as a Arya and marry her to Ramsey. He makes theon get her "ready" for him and rapes her and there are also dogs involved. It's all very very messed up and more detailed of course.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Little finger doesn't mince words. When Cersei talked to him about loyalty, I picked up on the fact that he said something like "I'm loyal to the throne". She seemed satisfied with the answer but as a viewer I know he's not talking about a Lannister on the throne.

Ever since last season I've been carefully paying attention to things he says to see if there's any foreshadowing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    I don't find her attractive either. I love her character and as an actress she's been amazing, but I just don't find her that pretty.
    Agreed. Not that it matters at all. She's still played a great part and has had great character development. I'd be interested to see her in a completely different role as an actress.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

While we're dissecting and analysing flaws that they can't help, can I just say I don't like Sansa's voice at all and it annoys the hell out of me? Same for Arya, although with the added bonus of having a country bumpkin accent. I wish they both had Jorah's sexy voice. I wish everyone had Jorah's sexy voice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    I don't find her attractive either. I love her character and as an actress she's been amazing, but I just don't find her that pretty.
    Agreed. Not that it matters at all. She's still played a great part and has had great character development. I'd be interested to see her in a completely different role as an actress.
    She's going to be Jean Grey in the next X-Men movie.

I am hyped.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Sophie Turner's greatest role was being in a Bastille music video

anyways I think she's utterly gorgeous and I normally swing towards guys but damn