Page 440 of 528 FirstFirst ... 340390420430434435436437438439440441442443444445446450460490 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't comment on the episode since I haven't seen it, but I can see where Bubba is coming from. Some people you see in shows and movies, and you just can't see them as a part of the universe you are watching. It pulls you out of the show and it breaks your immersion. It usually isn't a deal breaker for me, but it can be an annoyance. I also admit it isn't really the fault of the actor.

When Donald Glover was in Spider Man, I just couldn't see him as anyone else besides Troy from Community. I didn't mind his part, but it pulled me right out of the movie. Same as when the actor who plays Abed in the same show was in whichever marvel movie he was in. Or when Mac from It's Always Sunny played a character in Lost... I just couldn't take him seriously.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I feel like the only person in the world who didn't really think much of the Ed bit. I was just like "huh, ok."

/shrug

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't even know what ed looks like if he wasn't pictured in this thread, so I probably won't care once I get to the episode.

I probably won't get to watch it in a long time though. I am excited to see how the show ends when the time comes though. It'll be hard to avoid this thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have stated a couple of times now that it isn't the biggest issue in the world. I'd just rather it not have happened. It's not like the show has been ruined for me like it was with... let's call it The Talking Bed.

I am now eagerly awaiting episode 2.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    That's not a joke for me. I literally thought that is who you all were talking about. I don't know who this Ed whatever guy is so I was super confused.
    Um, I was literally sitting next to you and said, "Is that smurfing Ed Sheeran?????!"

It was a weird little scene. A bizarre seeing Ed Sheeran's dopey face, singing a song in Game of Thrones. I like his music. But what else is new, this show can be clumsy as smurf, and that was a clumsy wink wink scene. 🤷🏻

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I only knew of this Ed Sheeran believe it or not through my son because he listens to some of his songs from school or on the bus.

He was just lucky to partake in a small role in GoT. Imagine one of us were in his place and how we'd feel..

I'd be ecstatic if I was given the opportunity to do it - but I'm not a famous pop singer with worldwide recognition so it's not going to happen...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I can't comment on the episode since I haven't seen it, but I can see where Bubba is coming from. Some people you see in shows and movies, and you just can't see them as a part of the universe you are watching. It pulls you out of the show and it breaks your immersion. It usually isn't a deal breaker for me, but it can be an annoyance. I also admit it isn't really the fault of the actor.

When Donald Glover was in Spider Man, I just couldn't see him as anyone else besides Troy from Community. I didn't mind his part, but it pulled me right out of the movie. Same as when the actor who plays Abed in the same show was in whichever marvel movie he was in. Or when Mac from It's Always Sunny played a character in Lost... I just couldn't take him seriously.
    Whoa whoa wait a minute. Hold the phone. You only know Donald Glover from community? Ohhh boy. You are going to have a fun time. Check out his stand up and his music, he goes by childish gambino. His new album is wildly different than his older stuff but his lyrics are crazy good. Enjoy!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know his music somewhat. It's been a while since I've listened to it. I've not seen his stand up, I don't think. If I see him acting though, all I really see is Troy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He deleted his Twitter over the backlash, and honestly, I find that hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I find it kind of sad honestly. Mostly because I know a lot of people on social media are complete scum bags and I believe not many people deserve the abuse they dish out over the dumbest of things.

PS: I'm as guilty of being a giant sick online as anyone else so I include myself in that. Trying to do better though.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I believe there is a disconnect with people. They think just because someone is a celebrity, that they deserve hate. Like "Well they should know becoming a celebrity means they will have to deal with haters." That doesn't magically make it okay to bully people. Just cause someone is famous doesn't mean they aren't still a person.

I really have an issue with people being jerks to people just to be jerks. "They don't HAVE to read all their mentions" well if they want to engage with their fans at all and be more genuine, they will need to look at that stuff. If millions of people are yelling at you that you suck, that can't be good for you mentally. "They should just ignore it!" You try ignoring so many hateful messages. It isn't just on social media, people do it in person too.

Heck the actor who played Joffery quit acting because people were so rude over his character.

Basically people are assholes and should stop being assholes imo

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I mean, I agree.

But the way it played out in my mind was a bunch of Brits call him a ginger twat, then him quitting Twitter in a huff and having a tantrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can't wait until the next episode. I hear Miley Cyrus guest stars as a tavern wench.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wow, it sucks that Ed Sheeran had to quit Twitter over it. As much as I do genuinely think the scene wasn't the best, it's a really minor point. It's certainly not worth abusing him over Twitter about it.

Looking forward to Episode 2 now this weekend!

EDIT: And if what I've said in this thread counts as bitching, then God you have no idea.
    Last edited by Formalhaut; 07-21-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, since we're at the start of a new season, I'll run through the big questions and see where everyone's at. Some of these answers change every season.

Who's your favorite character:
    Who would you like to see on the Iron Throne at the end:
    Who do you think will be on the Iron Throne at the end:
    Who would you bring back to life:
    Who do you think should have died a LONG time ago:

and of course

Which house do you like best overall: