Page 106 of 528 FirstFirst ... 6568696100101102103104105106107108109110111112116126156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

The season so far has been slow, but it's picking up pace. Bear in mind that's we had the battle of blackwater, now we need a sort of comedown after that.

Episodes 1-3 for me were going up the hill of a rollercoaster, and then we climaxed with episode 4 with Dany's performance in Astapor and Mormont's death beyond the wall. Now, I'd wager that episodes 5-8 is probably going to be another hill (maybe with a few exceptions) towards Episode 9, which is obviously going to be a huge episode story wise.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You know, I kind of hate the Night's Watch.

As much as I hate Craster, the Night's Watch were being awfully demanding and expecting of food and trout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    You know, I kind of hate the Night's Watch.

As much as I hate Craster, the Night's Watch were being awfully demanding and expecting of food and trout.
    You know what? I agree with you Sam. We agree on something! Yes!

The thing is, Mormont was just what the Night's Watch needed. Sure, no-one liked Craster, but Mormont had that patience and tread a very thin line. While I understand the Nights Watch were in pretty dire straights, they still have to be patient: bear in mind they turned up completely unannounced. Craster technically didn't have to let them stay.

What we have to remember though is that the Nights Watch is made mainly of thieves and criminals. But still, killing under guest right is just a mortal sin in Westeros.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Every scene

Same look

Same blank face

Same dead eyes

Same monotone voice
    Yeah, Tywin. Geez.

Seriously, though, it's intentional and (if the directors are worth their salt) under instruction from the director. It's a case of being told not to show emotion, which she does very well while still having subtle emotions shown at certain times. There are, of course, moments where her emotion does come through, and if you don't catch them then that kinda sucks. I don't really care all that much for Dany regardless, though, as I like my characters to show emotion or have a wickedly awesome voice (hi, Tywin), of which Dany leaves both boxes unchecked. She's not bad, just not even close to a favourite. Danielle likes her a lot, though. Sam certainly has no obligation to like her, it's all down to opinion.

EDIT: Not gonna lie, was delighted to see Craster die, but really gutted to see Mormont go down with him.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it's fair to dismiss someone's critiques on acting (which is like, so smurfing subjective) just because you don't agree with it.

I think Shorty's examples are funny because in half of them, I do see emotion, and in the half they really are dead eyes. So it's kinda like half proving her point and half proving TB's point. Tyra Banks would tell her she needs to smize more.

I think Emilia Clarke vacillates between being very good and convincing and other times you can tell that she's acting. Which is totally understandable. This is one of her first acting gigs. She's doing well for someone who is so new. But compare her to the actor who plays Joffrey. That guy is really smurfing good. I think one of the best actors on the show. THe range he gets in the tiniest movements in his face and eyes are amazing.

I'm kind of fascinated with the character of Margaery because I get the sense that no one has seen her true self except in the brief scene where she confesses to wanting to be THE queen. Every single interaction she has (including with her family) seems to be calculated and affected. Poor Sansa, if she has an ounce of sense, she would know not to trust her fully.

EDIT: CONFUSED SHORTY & FREYA.
    Last edited by Miriel; 04-24-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Every scene

Same look

Same blank face

Same dead eyes

Same monotone voice
    Yeah, Tywin. Geez.

Seriously, though, it's intentional and (if the directors are worth their salt) under instruction from the director. It's a case of being told not to show emotion, which she does very well while still having subtle emotions shown at certain times. There are, of course, moments where her emotion does come through, and if you don't catch them then that kinda sucks. I don't really care all that much for Dany regardless, though, as I like my characters to show emotion or have a wickedly awesome voice (hi, Tywin), of which Dany leaves both boxes unchecked. She's not bad, just not even close to a favourite. Danielle likes her a lot, though. Sam certainly has no obligation to like her, it's all down to opinion.

EDIT: Not gonna lie, was delighted to see Craster die, but really gutted to see Mormont go down with him.
    I actually mentioned Tywin to someone just a few minutes ago. But despite his stoic demeanor and deliverance, he makes people feel something.

ALSO OMG MIRIEL SMIZE

SMIZE SMIZE SMIZE

goddammit, y'all, let's just get tyra to play dany

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You mean shorty's examples :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I think Emilia Clarke vacillates between being very good and convincing and other times you can tell that she's acting. Which is totally understandable. This is one of her first acting gigs. She's doing well for someone who is so new. But compare her to the actor who plays Joffrey. That guy is really smurfing good. I think one of the best actors on the show. THe range he gets in the tiniest movements in his face and eyes are amazing.
    The casting for Joffrey was perfect. I love watching Joffrey, I love to hate him. He is an epic character.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Also, I love what they've done with Margaery. In the books she was a fairly minor character, in the show she's smurfing amazing. I think she's probably my favourite female on the show atm. Besides Olenna.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

True factz.

I only dislike Dany out of petty spite because my housemate well and truly raves about her and is her 'biggest fan' and has a Targaryen iPhone case and all sorts and "Omg, I connect so much with Daenerys, it's like I literally am her." So I'm always like "Oh I don't like her she's kind of lame."

But deep down I do love Dany. But this constant need to be all "NO I HATE HER" is actually starting to kill me inside.

Judge me as you will.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Locky View Post
    True factz.

I only dislike Dany out of petty spite because my housemate well and truly raves about her and is her 'biggest fan' and has a Targaryen iPhone case and all sorts and "Omg, I connect so much with Daenerys, it's like I literally am her." So I'm always like "Oh I don't like her she's kind of lame."

But deep down I do love Dany. But this constant need to be all "NO I HATE HER" is actually starting to kill me inside.

Judge me as you will.

We're here for you, Tara.

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-cha...-stubborn.html

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I was reading on the wiki about Dany and she actually sounds interesting, particularly to hear (SPOILER)Tyrion (idk if that's a spoiler as he's not actually met her in the books but w/e, lonny bob is a tit) describe her. To actually read her chapters is an abomination, especially in ADWD. I have therefore decided that she is best consumed through bullet points... which is exactly what the TV show is! Hurray!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This is exactly me being stubborn.

But goddamnit I loved this show before her, and she tries to act like she's the 'bigg3st f4n evah' and trout. Trying to talk to me about it and being all "Omg. Like oooommggg, I can't believe it, Robb is just SO SO SO sexy, how can you even like anyone else in that show but Robb. Who is Jaqen? What's that?" SHE DOESN'T EVEN GET HODOR REFERENCES and I just feel like throwing an Ygritte at her to tell her "YOU KNOW NOTHING"

I'm just a terrible human being, aren't I?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How do you not get Hodor references?

It is the most self-contained, self-explanatory smurfing reference on the planet.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She probably doesn't realize Hodor is all he could say.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.