Page 11 of 528 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617213161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I don't even remember reading anything about them having any relationship at all. It might have been implied on a small scale, but nothing so extreme as what was portrayed in the episode.
    Okay. I was unsure if I missed something when I read the original Game of Thrones a couple of years ago or if they took a small implication and went to town with it to show how edgy they can be. I thought the scene was a bit awkwardly paced, personally.
    This is the reason I have been rereading the books, so I can compare the source material and the show, also completely off topic but... didn't Renly have curly hair? I seem to remember him being described as having curly hair for some reason.

I too also thought the scene between Cersei and Robert was really well done too, the look in Robert's eyes at the end was memorable, its like he (the actor) was really upset and conveyed that through his character superbly.

4.5/5 for this episode.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    also I think the King is possibly my favourite character. What a crazy fat bastard. I love him.
    Going off that, I thought the scene between Cersei and Robert was really well done. I even felt a little bad for Cersei as they talked about Lyanna.
    Yeah, I agree with you, that was an incredible scene.

I've never read the books or even heard of them before this show started up because I'm uncultured or something, but I'm enjoying it a lot. I wish I had waited until it was totally finished! I plowed through all the episodes aired and now I'm too spoiled for the TV wait. I didn't think I would enjoy a show that follows so many people, but it does a good job of making me like them all. Er, or at least appreciate their place in what's happening. Though I did have to peek into Wikipedia once for a name refresher and how they are spelled. I was just calling the queen Kate Winslet for a while.

They talked about the apparently more obvious gay relationship here a bit, for anyone who might care what the author is saying. I wouldn't have minded either way, personally. Shave and slurp, subtle, none at all, whatever.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That doesn't really provide an adequate explanation for the it being thrust in our faces like that. Whatever, I just hope they don't try and play something that ham-handed again.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    That doesn't really provide an adequate explanation for the it being thrust in our faces like that. Whatever, I just hope they don't try and play something that ham-handed again.
    lool ham-handed.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

If you're watching it online, you lot will probably get to see episode 6 and 7 on sunday. HBO has this thing called HBOGO and to get people to use it, those who have it get 6 and 7 sunday while us tv watches only get 6. So knowing the internet, the internet will get both.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The slap of Cersei was well timed. I love Tyrion heh. Sansa needs to be shot. And the Golden Crown moment was sad. Viserys was just a jealous jerk. And then he was all relieved when they said they'd finally do something for him. Then they go and "crown" him :/

BUT wtf HBO don't tell me "go to this site now to see the next epsiode!" without having the bandwidth to support it. I wanna see episode 7

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Just watched the Golden Crown, thought it was smurfING AWESOME!

Great episode!

(SPOILER)Every episode tops the last in sheer entertainment value. The crowning scene was awesome, almost exactly as I pictured it, but I was hoping Drogo would put the pot on his head as well, just for that extra kick. I guess seeing the burnt face and solid gold crown works just as well though. Glad we're done with that blonde twit.

The rest of the episode was pretty good and it's building up an incredible amount of steam for the end of the season, which is good. I do wonder how they're going to do the dragons at the end and through the next season. Hopefully they don't look terrible, though they probably won't since the budget is big enough.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally Viserys gets his crown. The entitled little prick.

Things are getting pretty intense now. Ned's moment of realization and his judgement of Gregor will kick things off nicely in the coming episodes.

Blog Entries

The Golden Crown was awesome, I loved the trial and fight, that little midget makes me lol. I miss Jon Snow however they need to get back to whats going on with him!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    The Golden Crown was awesome, I loved the trial and fight, that little midget makes me lol. I miss Jon Snow however they need to get back to whats going on with him!
    There will be plenty of Snow in the next episode, I have been rereading the books and next weeks episode promises to very entertaining ^^

The Golden Crown was great.
    You Win or You Die had some pretty intense scenes. So much happened in one episode!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    that little midget makes me lol.
    *casually tosses sack of gold* A Lannister always pays his debts.

what a beast.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Just watched Episode 7. I knew what was going to happen at the end and I still gasped and said “OMG” haha. I smurfing love this show/story.