Page 24 of 528 FirstFirst ... 41418192021222324252627282930344474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default The lack of Jojen and Meera...

Overall liked the first episode of the new season, but I'm concerned about the lack of Jojen and Meera given their significance in the series. Osha can't replace them completely, so they're going to have to bring the pair of them in eventually, unless they plan on getting especially creative.

(SPOILER)Never mind that Jojen and Meera are the only link we have in the books right now to Howland Reed, and given that Martin has admitted that Howland Reed is one of three characters who will never receive a point of view chapter because he knows too much, I'd wager he's going to be involved at some point.

They can't take out the Reeds, they're really important! Also, I thought it kinda sucked. Too much going on and not enough explanation. I was explaining what was going on to my friend more than I was watching, because she was totally clueless.
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Spoilssss
    The Tyrion vs Cersei is going to be awesome this season. I'm glad that they implied that Joffery was the one who went after the bastards, it made him seem even more dickish. Jon was still emo and broody. Blarg. But Robb! Ooooo they showed Grey Wind! I'm sure the fanboys are squeeing so hard at that. They threw fits about the lack of the wolves in season 1. I think they are taking out the reeds and just leaving Osha as the one about the wolf dreams and stuff. That murdering of the bastards part though oh man, dark stuff. This seasons gonna be good!
    Agree entirely.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Cool episode. I also missed the Reeds, but it's fully possible they'll bring them in later on. They had enough going on in this first episode without introducing another two new characters.

I wish the direwolves looked a bit uglier and more ferocious. Kind of a minor point I guess, but I always understood them to look really wild and not tame at all. Grey Wind and Summer look like cuddly dogs (which, incidentally, their actors are). I wouldn't mind if they went a little wild with CGI to make them more fearsome and awe-inspiring.

I thought the CGI was a little borderline too much. They should keep it as is.
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was expecting a set-up episode for the premiere and that seems to be what we got. For set-up episodes it was decent. The slaying of bastards at the end was pretty nuts. I didn't read this book so I don't have a clue about these missing characters that you are all talking about, but introducing Stannis, Davos, and that witch lady were enough for me for one episode. Not really sure what that flaming sword nonsense was all about.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Just part of her crazy!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default See that's the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    Cool episode. I also missed the Reeds, but it's fully possible they'll bring them in later on. They had enough going on in this first episode without introducing another two new characters.
    I didn't mean just for this first episode. I meant the whole season. Nobody was ever cast to play either of the Reeds. They're not in this season at all.

They could join in later seasons like the Tully's and more Greyjoys. If a characters roles is minor in an earlier book but large in later books the casting is usually left until their major roles. You neve know.

Decent episode. I really shouldnt have read the books. I know too much.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked everything about this episode. Tyrion strutting into the small council meeting to put Cersei in her face was hilarious. I was also very excited to see Grey Wind at full-size; I wasn't sure they'd be able to pull that off.

Eh... I don't think I'll miss the Reeds. I like Osha anyway, so I'll be happy for her to take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Not really sure what that flaming sword nonsense was all about.
    There's not really anything more to it than what they said in the episode. The Lord of Light's chosen one carries a sword that glows or is on fire or something. Melisandre believes Stannis is the chosen one, so they pulled the seven gods from Dragonstone's sept, burned them, and did a little ceremony where Stannis pulls a flaming sword from what I'm guessing was The Warrior.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Norn Iron serving as Westeros erry day

Tyrion remains as brilliant as ever. Joffrey as loathsome as ever. I'm liking Robb a bit more now as well, and young Bran seems to be taking to leadership relatively well.

BUT THEY CAN'T OMIT THE REEDS, THEY'RE REALLY IMPORTANT!!!! D: I was really excited to see who would play them, too.

(SPOILER)But Osha takes Rikkon off to wherever (I forgot), and Meera and Jojen take Bran to the Wall. So, is Bran going to travel by himself or what? I don't even... wat?
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

They could always get introduced in the next season or something. They're not really vital to Bran's story until book three, so they might well be relegated to season 3.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought I heard they were going to start splitting the books up a bit to be more than one season though.