Page 385 of 528 FirstFirst ... 285335365375379380381382383384385386387388389390391395405435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

JON AND SANSA GODDAMN trout TEARS ;-;

OSHA NO ;-;

totally shipping TormundxBrienne

UGH LITERALLY NO ONE CARES ABOUT DANY AND HER smurfING DOTHRAKI trout WHY IS THIS A PLOT

also wow emilia clarke still can't act it's been six seasons lol

LOSES HER CLOTHES BUT NOT HER HAIR BECAUSE LOL CAN'T HAVE HER NOT BE PRETTY I GUESS

but hey, she might actually take back the throne?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I care about that plot. Calm your tits, I thought that was great.

Also Ramsey has no chill, goddamn.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, the burning down of trout and having all of the Dothraki ever bow before her was cool. The plot leading up to it was a snooze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That's the Sansa we've been waiting six seasons to see! smurf yes.

Also jesus christ Dany. When they say a Targaryen is destined for either madness or greatness... she's smurfing both. God damn.

Read a funny comment that this episode was about brother-sister reunions, and in all three the sister had to tell the brother to stop being such a little bitch. I lol'd.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The feeeels from that opening scene were real. That is the first purely good thing I can remember happening in this smurfing show in ages. Just something lovely and pleasant that you would expect to see once an episode in a normal show.

I feel like I'm getting vibes from Cersei that she hasn't forgiven Tommen at all. It seems that it'd be really contrary to her character to think she'd ever do anything to put him in harm's way, but either there is a serious lack of chemistry from the two actors or they are trying to make it look really strained.

Wondering the extent to which Davos will go nuts when he finds out about Shireen, also it was weird that he would have dropped his line of questioning about her just because Brienne said she killed Stannis. Follow the conversation to its natural conclusion.

We get it, Ramsey is unlikeable! Either send someone to go kill him or stop wasting precious air time showing him do annoying trout. He's not going to get any worse and he's not as enjoyable to watch as Joffrey was.

Tyrion explaining capitalism to the slavers, top kek. To be fair though, the Tyrion and Varys banter and respective acting is the only thing saving the Mereen storyline, absolutely nothing interesting is happening there. Also I get the feeling like it will all have been for nothing now that Daenerys can go smurf anyone's day up with her horse/slave/dragon army.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well.

That was interesting.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Praise the Seven! Jon and Sansa have reunited <3
    NOW GO GET THAT BASTARD!!

im guessing Danny is pretty much ready to smurf things up in Westeros now

Articles

I'm still impressed Cersei and Jaime managed to manipulate the Queen of Thorns like that. Move your army into the city while ours will do nothing? Hmm. That's not going to end well for House Tyrell surely.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

RE Dany, I feel like she has these big moments - and then like her story just stagnates afterwards.. Anyone else?

Also, I disgaree with you Jinx, I think Emilia does a great job. She was absolutely crazy in that last scene - but just like stone cold, zero chill crazy which is kinda ironic...

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Read a funny comment that this episode was about brother-sister reunions, and in all three the sister had to tell the brother to stop being such a little bitch. I lol'd.
    Go tell 'm, Girls!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    RE Dany, I feel like she has these big moments - and then like her story just stagnates afterwards.. Anyone else?

Also, I disgaree with you Jinx, I think Emilia does a great job. She was absolutely crazy in that last scene - but just like stone cold, zero chill crazy which is kinda ironic...
    Agreed on both points.

I found the Mhysa moment to be one of the most stirring and powerful in the series and I often rewatch it despite not being a huge Dany fan. I know some people dislike it because of white saviour tropes and all that but I think it's a superb piece of television and music. I particularly love Barristan. He's served the Mad King and a drunken womaniser in Robert, and now he's gone halfway across the world out to this unknown girl. You can see he's got his hand on his sword the entire time, he's seen trout he knows how this goes and he's expecting to have to bail her out. And then instead the leap of faith he took in going to her is rewarded in such a satisfying way. And yeah very little has happened with her since, other than this episode's fire shenanigans.

Also yeah the first thing I said after said fire shenanigans was "god damn that girl is stone cold". She smurfing enjoyed that. This is something I really hope they explore with Dany and it would give her arc more interest - is she her father's daughter? Is she mad? It was a little bit in the books and it was a driving motivation to try to get peace in Meereen, the nuance of which the show did not pick up on.

Game of Thrones isn't meant to be about black and white characters and right now Dany is this superheroine who rose up and now fights against slavery and evil and we're meant to root for her to sit the Iron Throne. Let's switch it up a little. Let's ask the question: Is Dany mad? Even if the answer to the question is no (I'd prefer it to be unanswered entirely!) it's still worth looking at. The problem is that she's surrounded by sycophants who will not challenge her and let her do what she wants. Tyrion and Varys are both well placed to shake it up and hold her to account. I'm not entirely hopeful that it's going to play out like that though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think overall, it's my problem with Dany. She does these massive amazing things, then it fizzles out. Though I suppose the show would be rather boring if she just conquered Westeros right away. I don't think she will, or should.

Jokes aside, and while I love the Lannisters and all that and ripping on Dany - she will get to Westeros and take back her throne and she deserves it. I'd never actually considered that she might be mad though Psy, and actually I can totally see it. That said, will she want Westeros? Her home is Essos at this point. I can see her sitting in Essos and someone - probably Jon - sitting in Westeros, uniting the two.

I can see the end of the show now. Dany sitting on the throne and before it cuts out she gets a mad glint in her eye - and then it will all begin again! Or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Honestly I feel like a more fitting end for Jon is to be sitting as Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell. Even if it does turn out that he's Targaryen I feel it would be weird for his character to all of a sudden care about actually ruling all of Westeros. Even more so now that he and Sansa have been discussing their regrets at having ever left home.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I do also feel like it wouldn't fit his character. I feel like Sansa would as she thrives in warm climates, because of the Tully in her.

Articles

Oh yeah, another thing I was reminded of. Ned Stark's father Rickard demanded a trial by combat and the Mad King accepted and stated that his champion to fight Lord Stark was fire. Who did Dany turn to to fight her battle against the Khals tonight? Not the loyal knight Jorah or the ruthless sexy sellsword Daario, nope, mothersmurfing fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Honestly I feel like a more fitting end for Jon is to be sitting as Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell. Even if it does turn out that he's Targaryen I feel it would be weird for his character to all of a sudden care about actually ruling all of Westeros. Even more so now that he and Sansa have been discussing their regrets at having ever left home.
    Yeah I agree. I've always wondered if it'll be Jon or Dany on the Iron Throne in the end game but tonight's episode firmly cemented the idea in my head that Jon isn't interested.