Page 3 of 528 FirstFirst 123456789132353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

OMG it was good. I actually like Viserys. I hated him in the book but I like what they did with him in the show.

Blog Entries

My friends and I enjoyed the first episode. Can't wait until next week!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was alright.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was okay, there are too many changes for me to really like it.

Viserys and Jaime are much too likeable already and it's bothering me. At least Tyrion still looks like he's going to be a boss.

Viserys and Jaime are much too likeable already and it's bothering me. At least Tyrion still looks like he's going to be a boss.
    (SPOILER)Being a cocky, pretty boy who smurfs his sister and throws children off towers is.. likeable to you? Jesus.

As far as Viserys goes, I agree that he's more likeable in the show than in the book, but I felt the actor did a pretty good job of portraying a selfish twat who doesn't know anything about the world.

Blog Entries

They're both monsters in print and Jaime doesn't really become sympathetic until much later. Viserys really never is.

Jamie isn't a monster in the first nine chapters, which is what the first episode covers. In fact, he's barely present as a character.

The only bit of sympathy so far is Jaime-Tyrion, which is exactly how it is in the book.

Blog Entries

Touché, but he's still kind of a dick.

Is there a guide as to which chapters will be covered in which episodes?

Nah, not that I know of. I'm sure there is something around there if you dig enough. I'm just going based on the major plot points. And yeah, I agree that he's a bit of a dick.. but everyone likes him anyway. I think the actor did a pretty good job being a likable asshole.

(SPOILER)Such as Bran taking the tumble, which happens at the end of Bran II, which is chapter 9 by normal count. (source)

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

It thought it was pretty good, and decent setup for a hopefully good series. I think the show might have trouble bring in new fans, though. I was easily able to follow the story, but I could understand new viewers being very confused as things moved very quickly with little introduction.

Arya was appropriately awesome, but I did miss Jon a bit. Hopefully he gets developed more soon.

Watched it. Was excellent. Imma apply to be an extra next time they're here. Most of the filming for the north is not far from my house. It really is, like they said, Soprano's in Middle Earth.

And Julian stop being a book snob you bellend. Everyone knows things need adopted for the screen & sacrifices need to be made yet everyone still moans when it's different from the book.

EDIT: Harry Lloyd looks VERY different than he looked in Robin Hood.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Get Boromir's autograph for me, Cuch!

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Get Boromir's autograph for me, Cuch!
    I'm on it!

It thought it was pretty good, and decent setup for a hopefully good series. I think the show might have trouble bring in new fans, though. I was easily able to follow the story, but I could understand new viewers being very confused as things moved very quickly with little introduction.
    I had a friend of mine watching and he had some negative criticisms stemming from the fact that they introduced a lot of characters in a very short amount of time. He also needed some clearing up in regards to "what happened here exactly" type of things. That seems to be the general consensus among new (intelligent) viewers.

I add intelligent because I could see where some confusion and misplaced anger could occur by some of the things going on in the show, and the way they dealt with character introductions, but for the most part they cleared it up.

Did anyone catch the Godswood face?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I looked but I must have missed it.