Page 435 of 528 FirstFirst ... 335385415425429430431432433434435436437438439440441445455485 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pretty sure I did Cersei last year, and might do her again this year. She is everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't know if we will see Cersei's Last Stand this season or next season, but either way it should be glorious. If she somehow tries to employ the Walkers into her unholy army, that would be fantastic.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Turn around, touch the ground, triple lock no returns bagsy Granny Tyrell.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I am still holding out hope that Jorah Mormont is the prince that was promised.
    This would be interesting. The original failed tempering his flaming sword twice before finally succeeding. He had to sacrifice his love by tempering it in the heart of his wife. For Jorah to forge his sword he would have to plunge it through Danny's heart! Maybe she takes over Westeros, but is a horrible Queen and making bad decisions fighting the White Walkers. Jorah realizes what is at stake, then kills her for the good of the realm, becoming tPtwP in the process.

Finally all caught up on the episodes, just in time for the new season.

Though the news that we are much closer to the end, and with smaller seasons is a bit sad, it makes sense from a budget side as looks like each episode will have major setpieces happening which cost lots of money.

Still, I hope sincerely that each character who has made it this far gets their due and isn't just thrust into a battle and killed unceremoniously to keep the story moving.

I'm especially interested in the fates of Theon, Davos and Jorah Mormont. In much the same way as Jamie, Theon now seems like a character who will try and find some more redemption for all the horrible acts he undertook. What sort of justice does he deserve? Davos remains possibly my favorite character in the entire series for a variety of reasons, from his honor to his sense of humor even in the darkest of moments and Jorah is perhaps the most tragic example of being "friend zoned" in history. I don't think they both make it but I hope so.

Though everything seems like it's building to an inevitable Jon Snow and Dany team up against the White Walkers, I hope there is something more tricky up the show's sleeve. It has always been a story that defied conventions, so for it to become a more or less chosen ones beat back evil in the end would lessen it just a bit in my book. I still think Martin and the show runners have a few more gut punches left too. Between the Red Wedding, the fate of Oberyn, the Night's Watch mutiny, That damn door holding and Cersei's revenge, they've proven they can upend the chessboard over and over.

As for some darkhorse and wild speculation: I kinda want to see Meera Reed turn up to be Azor, just because it would be so out of nowhere and she did have to kill someone she loved dearly. Highly unlikely of course. That or it turns out there is no Prince that was Promised at all. Or maybe... she has to kill Bran?

I don't think Cersei gets her comeuppance until Season 8 but who the heck knows at this point? What if all the Lannisters end up being extinguished, much like a certain other noble house that now has a song written about them?

Finally, I think Littlefinger gets ripped apart by Nymeria on behalf of Arya and Sansa. Warms my heart, even if its pure fan fiction.

Take care all.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Pretty sure I did Cersei last year, and might do her again this year. She is everything.
    I did Cersei last year, you were Yara Greyjoy

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh, I was, wasn't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not long now!

Who is going to die first?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Imagine if no-one died this series?

Blog Entries

I liked the episode, I liked how they set up all the story lines for the season. I can't wait for more! That opening scene was awesome!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Bubba was ranting to me about it. I didn't care. Hell professor slughorn warning sam potter not to go to the restricted section of the Hogwarts library didn't bother me, bubba just hates ed. Lmao

I'll share more of my opinion on the first episode in the morning.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Opening scene was awesome, rest of episode kept me interested and was nice re-introduction to all the plotlines after a long break.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Opening scene was awesome, rest of episode kept me interested and was nice re-introduction to all the plotlines after a long break.
    This. Plus special shout out to The Hound. I hadn't realised how badly I missed his sour pragmatism and casual c-bomb dropping in my life.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I overreacted to Ed's appearance. I shouldn't have let that detract from what was an excellent first episode back. Sorry for ranting, Kaycee.
    To be fair, it was pretty hamfisted. Like, oh, I just wrote a new song, tee-hee. And oh look at that, after six seasons of portraying Lannister soldiers as sociopathic murder-thieves, Ed happens to be part of a squad of the nicest sweetest gents in the Seven Kingdoms.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Was there any need for Ed Sheeran?