Page 466 of 528 FirstFirst ... 366416446456460461462463464465466467468469470471472476486516 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

There's a chance it may not come out until 2019! The sound/music director lady had said she had heard murrmurrs that they will be each 90 mins. So 6 feature length movies basically? Heck yes. I'm okay with that.

Also there's rumored Season 8 leaks going around from the HBO hack. But they're literally just someone writing fanfiction so if you see anything, those leaks really are fake. Only a few scripts are done so there isn't really much TO leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    A white walker kills Beric, and Sandor picks up the fire sword to save the day?
    That could be possible or... what if Sandor gets struck down but is brought back by fire magic by Thoros? Or Beric gives him one last life at the cost of his own? Would he indeed be a true believer of the lord of light now? I personally think Thoros is the one who will definitely die first, since that essentially seals the fate of Beric. Also, do you think he and Jon will bond about being re-born?

Tormund I hope survives, if for no other reason that I thoroughly enjoy how straightforward and obtuse he is. He's essentially the Drax of the show.

If I were betting odds on who survives the Wight Heist I'd put it at:

Jon: No Odds (he can't die... yet, right?)
    The Hound: 3-1, I think he still has a lot to do.
    Tormund: 10-1, He seems like the sort who survives.
    Gendry: 30-1 Good afternoon, good evening and good night?
    Jorah: 50-1, His goodbye to Dany felt sort of final.
    Thoros, 100-1, He got his ale, now he'll meet his fate.
    Beric, 1000-1, There's no way there will be TWO resurrected heroes still running around by the end here.

Did the rest of the Brotherhood not make it to Eastwatch? Or are they staying behind with Davos? Same with the Wildings?

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think Gendry chances are much higher. Seems dumb to bring him back for one episode after so many seasons. Also Jon has no buddies his own age, he needs a buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I think Gendry chances are much higher. Seems dumb to bring him back for one episode after so many seasons. Also Jon has no buddies his own age, he needs a buddy.
    That's a good point. Plus, he needs to see Arya, doesn't he? Ultimately, I could see it playing out in the same way as the Magnificent Seven movie did, which OLD OLD film spoilers.... 7 went out, 3 came back.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm more curious as to whether they even get back before the season is over. Are they just going to casually nip out, grab a local walker and just drag it back? Are they that readily available or have they all headed to Eastwatch already? Even if they do catch one, how easily can they drag it back? How easily can they get it to Cersei? Will they stop by Dany first? Hmm. Seems a lot to do in a couple of 40 minute episodes, especially with all the other stuff that is going on.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Mild SPOILERS for ya BoB:

Final two episodes of this season will be much longer, Episode 6 is 71 minutes and Episode 7 is 81.

Plenty of time to travel, especially since everyone can warp around Westeros now.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The fact that Daenerys went from a battle outside King's Landing to Dragonstone with Jon, then Jon went from Dragonstone to Eastwatch all in one episode indicates that they don't give a smurf about travel times. I think Jon and what remains of his suicide squad will be back in main Westeros by the finale. My guess is the finale is the meetup with Cersei, Dany, and Jon to forge some Last Alliance against the walkers.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

What was the point of Bran warging in and out of multiple ravens? Unless it was to show us that Bran is proficient at weaving in and out of beings like nobody's business, I have no idea.

It's a cool effect, but with all those birds flying right next to eachother, changing eyesight from one bird to the next for the sake of expanded vision would be kind of redundant.

edit: Especially if you can see everything like a supercomputer anyway.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 08-14-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah! Good to know, Cap'n. Yeah, that definitely gives them enough time. And don't worry, I'm not so sensitive that the airing time impacts me. Ahhh I can't wait! And I think the Shaunas will be over on the final weekend. I hope they have been keeping up too...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm thinking Jon and Jorah will be the only ones who survive. And Davos, if he went (I can't remember atm). Which makes me sad because I love Tormund. I remember this one line in the book where he's telling Jon the story of how a giantess bit off half his cock, but that still made it twice as big as any other man's. He was the first clue that the wildlings weren't evil.

I think many of my theories, as well as many others', seem to revolve around there being a happy ending, whether it's Dany, Jon, or Tyrion sitting on the Iron Throne when it's all said an done. Except GRRM doesn't seem the type to give a smurf what his fans/readers want. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those three takes the throne, but the story ends with a Michael Corleone-esque ending (Godfather 1, not 3). There have been very few good kings/queens, it seems.

What does everything think of the new theory circulating that this ASoIaF is Sam telling the story of Westeros?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always come to this thread with things to say. However, because I live in the stupid UK I'm always late in here. Everything I want to say has been said (and generally better) and you've all given me a thousand other things to think about.

I love you guys.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    What does everything think of the new theory circulating that this ASoIaF is Sam telling the story of Westeros?
    Even though I made a Fellowship reference earlier, I think this theory is way too Lord of the Rings-ish. GRRM and most fantasy writers are inspired by Tolkien, but I don't think he ever set out to take things from him whole cloth. Best friend of the main character named Sam writing meta commentary on the world they live in is a little too on the nose.

My favorite Sam theory is people feeling like he's a mary sue stand in for GRRM. The heavyset book reader still gets an attractive girlfriend and a cool sword is an author living his best life.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hey, let's do something fun! We all know our gang of 7 is going to have multiple deaths, though we're not sure who and how many. For the sake of a game, let's all list 4 characters we think will die (I figured 3 would be too easy, let's do a majority).

In order of likelihood:
    1. Beric. He's fairly irrelevant. I think like the books Book spoilerswith Lady Stoneheart, he'll be passing on his life to someone else.
    2. Thoros. Also expendable. Might aid Beric in bringing someone back first, though.
    3. Jorah. Like others have said, his goodbye with Dany seemed final. It'd be heartbreaking for him to be cured of greyscale only to die shortly after, but it'd be poetic to have him dying for the same cause his father did. Also, a much better death to try and save the world and the woman you love than die of illness and slowly losing your mind.
    4. I'm going with the common theory that Sandor is going to die, and Beric's life will be transferred to him. Then we'll have undead Cleganebowl.

Wild Card: Tormund, because we haven't seen the wildlings in forever and this show loves to kill off fan favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Hey, let's do something fun! We all know our gang of 7 is going to have multiple deaths, though we're not sure who and how many. For the sake of a game, let's all list 4 characters we think will die (I figured 3 would be too easy, let's do a majority).

In order of likelihood:
    1. Beric. He's fairly irrelevant. I think like the books Book spoilerswith Lady Stoneheart, he'll be passing on his life to someone else.
    2. Thoros. Also expendable. Might aid Beric in bringing someone back first, though.
    3. Jorah. Like others have said, his goodbye with Dany seemed final. It'd be heartbreaking for him to be cured of greyscale only to die shortly after, but it'd be poetic to have him dying for the same cause his father did. Also, a much better death to try and save the world and the woman you love than die of illness and slowly losing your mind.
    4. I'm going with the common theory that Sandor is going to die, and Beric's life will be transferred to him. Then we'll have undead Cleganebowl.

Wild Card: Tormund, because we haven't seen the wildlings in forever and this show loves to kill off fan favorites.
    Are we talking just the Suicide Snow Squad or predicting any 4 deaths moving forward? I have to admit, I'm legit worried about Bronn since Cersei mentioned she knew about him setting up the meeting between the brothers.

4 in the Squad to die: Beric, Thoros, Jorah and Gendry. 4 others to die: Littlefinger (duh), Qyburn, The Undead Mountain and.... a dragon.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I for sure meant the Snow Squad, but any death predictions are good, I guess!