Page 477 of 528 FirstFirst ... 377427457467471472473474475476477478479480481482483487497527 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Something I've been wondering:

It's the trend we're seeing in every bit of IP pop culture, so why wouldn't GoT do it too? Could they end up splitting the final 6 episodes (which are rumored to all be long, almost film length) over two years? 3 in 2018 and 3 in 2019 just to drag out the suspense and the hype even more?

Or even worse, if each episode is longer, could they split episodes in half and air them over the course of several weeks?

I feel like anything is possible at this point, given the record numbers HBO is drawing though I really don't want to see either of these things happen.

Take care all.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah absolutely the effects and action are fantastic and I can't fault it. It's just the writing has gone quite downhill and it may be because they have limited time to finish what they need to do. I will still watch the show. I will still.... mostly enjoy it, but now it's a case of enjoying it for what it is as opposed to enjoying it for all the things that were on the table in the earlier seasons.

It's totally a great show, but I can't hide my disappointment in the last few episodes - but then, I've always enjoyed the 'talking' more than the action. One of my favourite scenes in the whole show is still Tywin's first appearance when he's skinning and gutting that stag... Visual perfection matched with stellar performance and writing!

I just didn't enjoy it. I don't think I've truly enjoyed Got since around mid season 5. A few things bugged me about this episode -

Why the hell are they using dragonglass as daggers and not as arrowheads? They could have killed the white walkers right there and then!

Wtf was with the Uncle Benji scene? Them bringing him back just to kill him off immediately was clearly a case of "oh yeah, Benji, any ideas with him? No? Get rid." and why the hell was there "no time" for him to jump on the horse and ride off with Jon.

Why, when the dragons came about, didn't Jon just shout to Dany, "there, hit there!" while pointing to the white walkers who were just standing about 50 feet away?

Also the travelling, oh god the travelling. Gendry gets to the wall, a raven gets send to dragonstone and then Dany flys in on the dragons in exactly the right location and in just the nick of time (another thing that's bugging me - last minute saves) within what, a night? Two?

As always the action scenes were well shot and looked great, but everything this show was built on is not there anymore. I'm really surprised there aren't more complaints about it since its nothing like the earlier seasons and that's what got people into the show.
    Of course I'll watch it until the end, there's only 8 episodes left after all, but if this had been the show from the beginning I probably never would have gotten into it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I dreamt a Yu-Gi-Oh meme and of course when I woke up it was real.

"I summon the Blue Eyes White Dragon, in attack mode!"

I'm laughing so I don't cry.

012.jpg

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Shaibana; 08-21-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I was wondering where they got those chains. Maybe that's why it's taking them so long to get to the Wall. Lugging a bunch of huge chains around.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Yeah I was wondering where they got those chains. Maybe that's why it's taking them so long to get to the Wall. Lugging a bunch of huge chains around.
    perhaps, but why would they have the chains in the 1st place? did they expect/forsee all of this? :o

i know there are alot of these holes but: how convenient that 1 of those wights survived while all the others just fell apart

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The only thing that makes sense (though it is more probable that there is no concentrated effort by the writers to actually make it make sense) is that the Night King has some kind of precognition like Bran does and foresaw this whole event happening. Which is why his walkers just circled them and waited and why they had those ice spears ready, because he knew the dragons would come.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hey Faceless Men, I've decided I'm a Stark of Winterfell because I love my family.

Hey fellow Stark of Winterfell, I'm a Faceless Man and I'm going to kill you now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I haven't bought the "Oh, Arya is dead, it's a Faceless Man wearing her face!" at all, but this episode smurfing. It's the only thing they could do to make that scene even remotely forgivable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I haven't bought the "Oh, Arya is dead, it's a Faceless Man wearing her face!" at all
    I think the fandom is at the point where it makes up theories just for the sake of making up theories, and then the Buzzfeeds of the world run with it because it gets clicks. Never mind that it's clearly utter horsetrout.

Bran's totally the Night King by the way!!!!!

ok is he though

is he really

Then again if the theory becomes popular enough they'll just do it. Clegane Bowl is happening next season for the sole reason that people want it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I haven't bought the "Oh, Arya is dead, it's a Faceless Man wearing her face!" at all
    I think the fandom is at the point where it makes up theories just for the sake of making up theories, and then the Buzzfeeds of the world run with it because it gets clicks. Never mind that it's clearly utter horsetrout.

Bran's totally the Night King by the way!!!!!

ok is he though

is he really

Then again if the theory becomes popular enough they'll just do it. Clegane Bowl is happening next season for the sole reason that people want it.
    Pretty sure it's happening Sunday. But yeah.

Honestly, I think (and always have thought) Cleganebowl is dumb, and I don't get the hype.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think the hype about it is merely that it's fun to hype. Not that it's really gonna be super cool or anything but it's become it's own meme.

Kinda like the newer "Right Proper" is now a meme thanks to the tl;dw recaps.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hey Faceless Men, I've decided I'm a Stark of Winterfell because I love my family.

Hey fellow Stark of Winterfell, I'm a Faceless Man and I'm going to kill you now.
    I'm holding out hope that Arya is playing a long con and she's not actually this stupid. I truly believed when she met Nymeria that it would cause her to turn around and head back to King's Landing because undermining the Lannisters from the shadows would be the best way she could help her family. The only plotline she had waiting for her in Winterfell was some stupid conflict with Sansa/Littlefinger and I thought it would be beneath this show to get into that soap opera BS. Whelp, looks like I'm now on Team Sansa, the only intelligent Stark.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post

I'm holding out hope that Arya is playing a long con and she's not actually this stupid. I truly believed when she met Nymeria that it would cause her to turn around and head back to King's Landing because undermining the Lannisters from the shadows would be the best way she could help her family. The only plotline she had waiting for her in Winterfell was some stupid conflict with Sansa/Littlefinger and I thought it would be beneath this show to get into that soap opera BS. Whelp, looks like I'm now on Team Sansa, the only intelligent Stark.
    Whose team have you been on the last several seasons? Arya's always been awful.