Page 480 of 528 FirstFirst ... 380430460470474475476477478479480481482483484485486490500 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You've been spoiled and now you expect it.

This is what happens when you give kids too much candy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    You've been spoiled and now you expect it.

This is what happens when you give kids too much candy.
    no one asked you mom GOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you watch the final episode now then you have an even longer wait for the final season.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

probably the worst pacing of any of the episodes so far

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I disliked all these things as much as the rest of you, but one thing I did enjoy was the little conversations between the people while they were walking. They didn't have any major plot reveals or anything, but they were nice glances of one person interacting with the other.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Those conversations were nice. It was with characters who normally would not talk to each other. Tormund in particular was great in all his interactions. Though it was odd when they would stop to talk and the rest would keep walking. Better hustle to catch up I guess?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ironically, it made me think of FFVI when the Returners were walking through the snow up to the Esper in Narshe. Characters would break off from the group to have asides then continue on. Maybe the showrunners are gamers?

Take care all.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

One analogy I've heard said of this season is comparing it to a constellation.

The showrunners have the big events in mind (stars), but without source material to go off of and having George's foundation they haven't really connected the dots and made those stars into constellations. We've gone from star to star without seeing the lines that connect them. You just have to be cool with stargazing.

I've been comparing this season to Xenogears disc 2. In the absence of a world map, you're basically getting a dialogue dump with boss fights. But it's not that bad, because people were invested in Xenogears up to that point anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Huh, it is actually a lot like Xenogears. Good comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Huh, it is actually a lot like Xenogears. Good comparison!
    So the final few episodes will be mostly text on the screen with freeze frames? Cannot wait!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Was that aegon? The name of jon.

Blue fire! Bluuuue. Also he seemed to move more quickly than the others. The nights king was on the dragon!

Sansa got petyr!

Jon and dany banged! Cersei is still a bitch and Jaime is done.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm really worried about tormund though

Overall a much better episode in terms of pacing than the last and in the end everything more or less ended up where it needed to be.

We almost had the Cleganebowl... but that'll have to wait.

Somehow, Cersei might just remain the final "big bad" after all.

I find it very strange too that after all the time spent at Castle Black, that the attack happened at Eastwatch. Maybe Edd will endure somehow! With all the history and emotion spent at one location, just seems sort of odd to have the big moment happen at this new spot we've barely seen.

Also, come ON Sam, give Gilly the credit for finding out about the annulment!

A few questions now moving forward:

How will Jon feel when he finds out the truth and realizes he is related to Dany? His brooding level is about to hit a new all-time high. How will Dany react to someone with a better claim than her? This might be the real mad queen subplot that seems to be simmering.

I'm still very confused by what happened at Winterfell. Did Bran tell Sansa to stage this big meeting to confront Littlefinger? Did Arya? Was the entire interaction between sisters last episode a ruse to make Littlefinger drop his guard and feel comfortable? It was a misdirect but kind of felt like it didn't earn the misdirect.

How is it that Bran can see and know everything but doesn't know certain things? It seems like convenient amnesia for select scenes. He knows all about Jon but not about the annulment? He couldn't somehow see the maester taking his notes down and writing about it?

Come on George, finish your next book so we can fill in the gaps before the final season!

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bran is too powerful. You can't just have a character like that. And if Littlefinger was the same man who did all that stuff he would have sniffed out Bran as someone who was bad news and hightailed it back to the Vale as soon as Bran threw his own words back in his face. Good to close out that storyline, though, which was getting really annoying.

I like how they made concrete the thing that anyone who pays attention already knew right before those two had sex.

Great ending scene. And Cercei's right, whoever is 'alive' at the end of that battle will be severely weakened and her armies may have a chance.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked the scene between Jon and Theon. When he said "You can be a Greyjoy and a Stark", I immediately saw it as a parallel for his own lineage. Next season, I think he'll definitely have the mindset that he can be both a Targaryen and a Stark. It's totally within his character to tell Sansa "No matter who I am, I will always be your brother".

Rhaegar looks like what I think Viserys would look like if he didn't die in season one. The jokes are already flooding in that they borrowed the same wig. I thought it was cool.

There were a lot of great conversations around the Dragonpit. It felt like everybody who wanted to talk to someone got their chance. Sandor to Gregor, Brienne to Sandor, Brienne to Jaime, Pod to Tyrion, Pod to Bronn etc

I wonder if Viserion doesn't really need to take breaths? As they've said about the walkers, the dead don't need rest and seem to have unlimited stamina. The blue fire looked awesome.

Are we supposed to assume Tormund and Beric died? I watched the scene back and there's a chance they were on the portion of the wall that didn't crumble. I think it was intentionally ambiguous.

More thoughts to come.