Page 7 of 528 FirstFirst 12345678910111213172757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER)I don't know why any character would notice or care. I certainly wouldn't think it any issue at all if blond/brunette couple in real life had blond kids. Assuming the brunette is a carrier, that's a 50/50 shot every time.

P.S. why is this a spoiler considering we've seen Jaime and Cersei smurfing like rabbits already? Admittedly there is a small step of logic between those deductions, but it is such a tiny step that even Tyrion's stride covers it 100 times over.

Blog Entries

So, uh, I never read the series despite the urging of others; I had been lazy. However, watching the show has been an enjoyable experience thus far, and I think I will cave and get the books.

Tyrion is simply the best thing since penicillin, something which he probably could use.

Someone posted this elsewhere but it was too good not to bring over here:

(SPOILER)
    CSI: Westeros

"Maester Luwin, get this to the lab. They say my boy fell, but I think..."
    *Puts on dragonglass shades*
    "They lion."

That's great. So is this:

And this:

Re: Catelyn, it sounds like Martin is bearing in mind some of the criticism her character received on the westeros.org boards in overseeing the scripts for the TV show. I'm getting the impression that he didn't intend for her character to be hated that much, so he's probably softening some of her less palatable aspects.
    Last edited by The Man; 06-05-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damn, this episode was much better than the first.

I smurfing loved the scene where Tyrion slaps Joffrey, pure gold. Peter Dinklage is doing an amazing job of playing Tyrion and I look forward to seeing more of him.

I also thought the ending was quite sad. I started feeling it as soon as I saw Micah and Arya playing because I knew what was happening.

A couple of lulzworthy recaps:

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/gam...w-2780726.html

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of...econd-episode/

Also have Tyrion's bitchslap of Joffrey in higher quality

I am fairly certain I will never get tired of looking at this.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

The dire wolves are so cute!

I like the show a lot so far. That's all I can really add.

Four-part interview with GRRM conducted by James Poniewozik of Time about the adaptation and other subjects. Well worth reading.

Something needs to happen on this show. I get they're trying to set something up I guess but it's just constant dialogue. Reminds me of LotR but at least it had some fight or flight scenes scattered around.

What exactly do you want them to do? Jump to the end of the book when things actually begin to fall into place? The entire first book is, more or less, political intrigue and plot development setting up for the bigger arc. I think they're doing a pretty good job setting up all of that while introducing each character and giving them a personality.

Syrio was awesome. Arya, Jon, and Tyrion continue to maintain (though Tyrion's accent continues to bother me). I want to stab all of the Lannisters in the face, except Jaime because he's pretty. I'm glad they had that scene between the King and Jaime, though who was that other Lannister in the room (the one who isn't Lancel)?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

And thus begins Catlyn's decent into utter, mind-boggling insanity. Apparently Littlefinger can lose the knife, but Tyrion could not during the months between that and the attack on Bran? This isn't the TV show's fault; she was even more despicable in the books (such as her constant hatred of Jon).

Tyrion and Arya are still perfect. And Littlefinger is a politician from The Wire! How appropriate.

Also, Syrio was definitely awesome.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm really liking what they're doing with Tyrion on the show, I think I might even enjoy his wit and humor more on screen.

Syrio is smurfing awesome, I can't wait to see more of him.

And you're completely right about Cat. This is going to be like watching a train wreck.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Well I have to say this was the best episode so far, loved the whole Arya arc of the episode and found the acting to be much better this time around, on the whole I am pleased with what I have seen so far, and Kings Landing was just how I imagined it to be.

What did you guys think of Yoren? He seemed a bit more cheery and joking in the show than in the book, where I thought he was much quieter and more grim.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, episode 3 was pretty great.

Still a distinct lacking of Ghost in the episodes. I also disliked how the nickname of "Lord Snow" getting given Jon got skipped it was just immediately "Lord Snow here grew up in a castle and spat at people like you" which considering how much Jon hated the name in the books is a big deal.

Tyrion is brilliant as is Arya and Syrio (SPOILER)(Syrio was one of the best characters in the books until his untimely death) Ned's anger and fear at what he is involved in is being done fine service by Sean Bean roles like this and Boromir along with Sharpe are almost written for him.

In the scene with Robert, Jaime, Lancel and the other knight it is a knight of the Kings Guard (check the armour and white cloak of a Kings Guard member) I would hazard a guess that he is Ser Gerold Hightower, eldest of the Kings Guard.

[G13]Even if you don't think it's a big deal, you should use spoilers.[/G13]