Page 111 of 528 FirstFirst ... 116191101105106107108109110111112113114115116117121131161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Guys I know why he actually foesnt go to the vale but that was my as a viewer comment. Keep your book spoilers out! In the show they havent said now that the war is full blown that lysa is holed up. They only mentioned her in season one when she was there. The tullys haven't even said a thing about her. You'd think in the show they would address it, even briefly. Only mention of her was littlefinger going to sway her.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Guys I know why he actually foesnt go to the vale but that was my as a viewer comment. Keep your book spoilers out! In the show they havent said now that the war is full blown that lysa is holed up. They only mentioned her in season one when she was there. The tullys haven't even said a thing about her. You'd think in the show they would address it, even briefly. Only mention of her was littlefinger going to sway her.
    Robb: "Why don't we go to the Vale and see if Aunt Lysa will join the cause?"
    Cat: "No, she's a smurfing crazy bitch."

I get what you're saying. To at least remember this character. Both in the books AND in the show, I seriously can't remember Dondarrion. Like, I know who he is, but I don't remember his scenes in the book or in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

His scene in the show amounted to Ned declaring that the Mountain was an enemy of the King and would be brought to justice. Dondarrion volunteered to lead the company that would capture him. It was brief.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Robb: "Why don't we go to the Vale and see if Aunt Lysa will join the cause?"
    Cat: "No, she's a smurfing crazy bitch."

I get what you're saying. To at least remember this character. Both in the books AND in the show, I seriously can't remember Dondarrion. Like, I know who he is, but I don't remember his scenes in the book or in the show.
    It's probably because the actor playing him in the first season was a stand-in and the role was recast for the current season. You wouldn't recognize him based on looks, and unless you have good memory/attention to detail, you probably wouldn't remember his name since it was only ever directly mentioned once.

Robb going to Lysa makes no sense, both from a story and character standpoint. You have to assume that Catelyn told Robb her experiences with Lysa regarding the Tyrion situation and how unreliable she is, both as a family member and an ally. There is no legitimate reason why Robb would try to rely on Lysa's support when she is known to be unreliable and battrout crazy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the whole point with Lysa is that she wanted to keep her army in the Vale, so that she can (over)protect little Robin. She didn't accept Catelyn's plea then, and she definitely wouldn't accept it now.

As for Robb's decision, it was definitely a lack of vision. What Karstark did was wrong, yes, but Robb should have followed his three advisor's advice: to keep him as a hostage essentially. That way, he can pretty much force the Karstark forces to stay. He couldn't do it through loyalty, so he should have done it through blackmail. It's not pretty, but hey, that's war.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Robb is his father's son. Though Ned probably would have also beheaded Catelyn for letting the Kingslayer go.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Still spent way too much of the scene thinking "WASH THE DIRT OFF YOU" though.
    Ahaha, glad I am not the only one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The funny thing is, Catelyn's prisoner exchange of Jaime for Sansa, appears at best ill advised and at worst downright stupid. However, when you think about it, it doesn't seem that lopsided. During the same time period when Catelyn was thinking and then releasing Jaime, Sansa was being publicly harassed and having a crossbow aimed at her as well as being stripped, perhaps even raped. Given how idiotic Joffrey is (beheading Ed Stark being just one example) it is conceivable that he might have just, on a whim, struck her down and killed her. During that scene in the Iron Throne where Sansa was being stripped and aimed at, were it not for Tyrion's intervention, much worse would have happened.

Of course, Joffrey didn't kill her, but Catelyn's desperate attempt to exchange prisoners actually had good intentions. Technically, the swap was still very lopsided (a lord commander for a teenaged girl) but hey, it is Cat's daughter. Hell, Robb's 'honor' with marrying Talisa was arguably worse, because it lost the loyalty of the already shady Freys. If the Freys wanted two marriages in return for a simple bridge crossing, holy hell what does Robb expect to be offered this time round?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Still spent way too much of the scene thinking "WASH THE DIRT OFF YOU" though.
    Ahaha, glad I am not the only one.
    That whole scene made me really want to take a bath

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did anyone else yell at Robb when he was looking at the map at the end? I kind of don't want to watch because (SPOILER)I know he made a stupid, stupid decision.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Did anyone else yell at Robb when he was looking at the map at the end? I kind of don't want to watch because(SPOILER) I know he made a stupid, stupid decision.
    Taking into account how disloyal the Freys are in the first place, and how much Robb had to pay for just to cross through the crossing, it probably isn't the best plan. Hell, begging for Lysa Arryn's aid is a better option at this rate of going.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    The funny thing is, Catelyn's prisoner exchange of Jaime for Sansa, appears at best ill advised and at worst downright stupid. However, when you think about it, it doesn't seem that lopsided. During the same time period when Catelyn was thinking and then releasing Jaime, Sansa was being publicly harassed and having a crossbow aimed at her as well as being stripped, perhaps even raped. Given how idiotic Joffrey is (beheading Ed Stark being just one example) it is conceivable that he might have just, on a whim, struck her down and killed her. During that scene in the Iron Throne where Sansa was being stripped and aimed at, were it not for Tyrion's intervention, much worse would have happened.

Of course, Joffrey didn't kill her, but Catelyn's desperate attempt to exchange prisoners actually had good intentions. Technically, the swap was still very lopsided (a lord commander for a teenaged girl) but hey, it is Cat's daughter. Hell, Robb's 'honor' with marrying Talisa was arguably worse, because it lost the loyalty of the already shady Freys. If the Freys wanted two marriages in return for a simple bridge crossing, holy hell what does Robb expect to be offered this time round?
    Sure she had good intentions.

But it was bad for three reasons:

1. Jaime is Lord Tywin's beloved son, and the Starks know that he'll do just about anything to get him back. Their position of power in greatly increased as long as they have him in their custody.

2. If the Lannisters were to get Jaime back, it'd be a morale win. Jaime is one of their leaders, but all just the fact that they bested the Starks.

3. Jaime is an incredibly gifted swordsman, and it says (at least in the books) that he can take out several people where others might take out one or two. So, he's also a huge asset to the Lannisters battle-wise.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If in doubt, spoiler tag that trout.

Like, go overkill. Be a spoiler tag Nazi. Even "oh man, episode 2 is going to be when MAD MAD STUFF happens, you know, that one thing "

Cheers.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My debate over Catelyn's decisions over releasing Jaime Lannister. Spoilers from the second season are contained, though you'd have to be really behind to be spoilerfied

I'm not saying that Cat was right in releasing Jaime, but that certainly it wasn't so horridly wrong, given Sansa's precarious position in King's Landing. Hell, the Stark encampment was ready to rip Jaime limb from limb, so indirectly you could argue Jaime was safer from escaping. It's not as if being recaptured by Stark loyalists did him any favours.

Certainly, Robb didn't have the right to imprison Cat under house arrest, considering the fact that his error in judgement was considerably worse than Cat's, for the reasons I've already explained. What made it worse was that Robb actively sought out a romance with Talisa, despite knowing his marriage vow, a calculated choice. When Cat released Jaime, it was just after Ed was beheaded, so that threat of violence towards Sansa was very much real. It was a wrong decision, but at the time, it certainly made sense. Besides, Cat was in deep mourning and perhaps wasn't even in her right mind, unlike Robb, who knew he was breaking a vow.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

(SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Also, the scene with Arya and Gendry was fantastic.

I can be your family.

You wouldn't be my family. You'd be m'lady.

As someone who kind of sort ofavidly ships them, that scene gave me feels, although I'm still a little disappointed that they didn't have the same amount of depth as in ASOS.

So many asses, not sure which one I like best, tbh
    Mmm, a game of asses.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    And yeah Robb is definitely his father's son.
    That reminds me of this gif set I saw on Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Gendry and Arya... I just don't think "m'lady" is what she wants to be called by anyone, ever. But it was very sweet.
    Yeah, she doesn't care to be a "lady," and Gendry knows it. His line just further emphasizes how she's in a higher social class than him, and how he thinks he'll never be her equal.

Also, I think I'm the only one who didn't find the Gendry/Arya scene touching. I found her scene with Dondarrion touching and sad, though.
    I found both her scenes touching and sad. Maisie delivered her lines very well.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.