Page 151 of 528 FirstFirst ... 51101131141145146147148149150151152153154155156157161171201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC View Post
    Book 5 spoilerand on a final final note, I've got a quick question for any one who has finished the 5th book: at the end, when Dany is found in the grasslands by that other band, I can't remember if the khal in charge of that band was original riding with khal Drogo's band when he died. Can any one clarify? just a piece I've been curious about
    book 5Yup. Jhaqo.

book 5 Was he one of Drogo's blood riders? That's what I'm most curious about, I can't remember that bit. Thanks for clarifying that much, though.

Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    Book 5 spoilerand on a final final note, I've got a quick question for any one who has finished the 5th book: at the end, when Dany is found in the grasslands by that other band, I can't remember if the khal in charge of that band was original riding with khal Drogo's band when he died. Can any one clarify? just a piece I've been curious about
    book 5Yup. Jhaqo.

book 5 Was he one of Drogo's blood riders? That's what I'm most curious about, I can't remember that bit. Thanks for clarifying that much, though.
    bookieThat 'yup' was meant to affirm that he was. XD Sorry if I was unclear.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The moment Jorah's Heart broke

Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh man I love the internet. Funny pictures galore!

I find the most interesting thing lately about the dany story is the Jorah stuff

I still think the Red Wedding would have been better if they'd kept the Greatjon there fighting everyone and anyone to in a vain attempt save Robb.

Although it probably would not have worked, I would have liked to see more time dedicated to the Red Wedding, similar to how the Battle of Blackwater took up the entire episode. I think it would have had enough meat in it to take up at least half of an episode, if not the entire thing. It seems like they went for sudden, in-your-face brutality rather than, at least what I saw, as underhanded scheming.

Still good, still enjoyable. One of the better scenes of the series, but I think it could have been handled better and more true to the story.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some insight as to why the Red Wedding is so heinous:

We saw the Starks take bread and salt offered by Lord Frey--sharing food and drink with guests put them under Guest Right, a protection which is taken very seriously. In fact, Sam and Gilly are on their way to the Night Fort, which is the site of a famous incident that took place hundreds of years ago in relation to Guest Right. A king was visiting, and a cook murdered and fed the king his son. The cook then turned into a giant rat, cursed to eat its own young for all of eternity. It wasn't that the cook murdered the prince and fed him to his father that cursed him--it was breaking Guest Right.

So Walder Frey cursed and dishonored his house irreparably when he killed off the Starks. You can chide Robb for entering the house of a guy who hates him, but he really should've been able to feel secure under Guest Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I think he is. I don't trust Ouch! either. Maybe if Frekana verified it.
    She's not even read the books, so good luck with that one.

I promise I'm being truthful and will point out to you when it happens. In the meantime, enjoy the show!
    You're doing that obnoxious book reader thing again. And I'm not sure I agree with you anyway.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What do you mean "again"? And for that matter, what do you mean "Obnoxious", the man specifically asked if the Starks have a happy ending. "Wait and see" is hardly hehehe wait for Episode 9 . I can understand your disagreement though. I kind of have my own ideas about where this is going to go, and if I'm right it'll be nice.

Obvs MASSIVE book spoilers but mostly theory: (SPOILER)Cat will learn the truth of Jon Snow being not Ned's after all and feel very bad about how awful she was, and redeem herself by giving him the kiss and making sure he knows who his parents really were. And she'll see a couple of her kids again too I guess.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The "again" wasn't meant to refer to you specifically, just that is happens in this thread and is annoying.

End of book 3 spoilerI feel like you're implying Cat's story isn't over, which is a big spoiler. I don't think many non-readers will pick up on it, but I still want to flick you. Del doesn't know what he wants; don't answer him!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Spoiler from Book 17 which is still brewing in GRRM's brainNed Stark is resurrected as a zombie and terrorizes what's left of a post-apocalyptic and dystopian Westeros, it's actually pretty great

IwUu1U6.jpg

Wendel Manderly. This actor apparently has a scene that was cut but he is still there at the wedding and was killed.