Page 30 of 528 FirstFirst ... 102024252627282930313233343536405080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Brienne is so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I loved Arya's staring down Tywin. That was awesome. He seemed unnerved.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

This episode was great.

Re: Shadow assassin: the way I understand it, (no super spoilers, but stuff from the books)the birthing of one Stannis shadow babby takes a considerable toll on Stannis. He starts having nightmares and seems to have aged years after the fact. Presumably the magic involved uses part of his lifeforce or what have you. He's also one of the biggest sticklers for honour and justice in all of Westeros, it would make sense if he regretted using it even that much and didn't want to do it again.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    (SPOILER)Renly's death was random. That's probably something that reads better than to actually watch. Also, (SPOILER)if Stannis has access to smoke assassins, why not just smoke kill Joffrey, the Queen and all the rest of his enemies? Maybe he will.
    I thought that (SPOILER)Renly's death looked awkward, too. I think that the aftermath was very well done, including Catelyn and Brienne's reactions, and I think that was handled better than in the book. It is difficult to portray what happened to a television screen without it seeming random.

Magic in the A Song of Ice and Fire series is very esoteric. It is difficult to say for sure whether or not even the practitioner truly understands what is going on.

(SPOILER)A recurring theme throughout the book is that only death can pay for life and only life can pay for death. Rantzien mentioned that Stannis seemed to be much older than he initially appeared and he does still have nightmares of the magic that he wrought on his brother. It could be that Melisandre was only able to perform that magic because of the blood connection that Stannis had with Renly. If you look closely, you can see that the shade has the appearance of Stannis and it was literally birthed from Melisandre. That type of magic likely used Stannis's lifeforce and Melisandre was merely a catalyst in the equation. I find the magic in the series very dark and powerful. It is implied that magic is getting stronger since the birth of the dragons and the coming of winter, so I wonder if Melisandre and other practitioners even truly understand their powers and what the source could be.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Melisandre seemed in the book and show both to know (SPOILER)what was going to happen with the shadow spawn, so she has some level of knowledge of her magic's properties. However, later in the books, (SPOILER)she foresees a young girl on a dying horse fleeing north to the wall. This part comes true, but she also says that the girl is Arya Stark, which is not true. So her foresight, her fire visions, are limited.

from book 5Melisandre seems to want Jon Snow to sleep with her to create another shadow creature in book 5 when she's at the wall with him. I thought I remembered some character mentioning "sex magic" being practiced somewhere in the eastern isles, but I don't remember who said it or what book it was in.

I've been somewhat surprised to see how quickly they've brought the "fantasy" elements (magic, dragons, white walkers, etc) into the show. I mean, it makes sense, but I still thought it would be more subtly handled at first simply because it comes into the books so slowly (which I kinda enjoyed). I'm quite interested now to see (SPOILER)the house of the undying in Qarth and (SPOILER)Bran's storyline with the greenseers

I'm with you Freya. That look between Arya and Tywin was intense. The show's done a great job of highlighting my favorite characters (Arya, Tyrion, etc.)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the books, Brienne's girly hopeless romantic nature seems more like something that she doesn't show--though I'm not sure if that's just my interpretation--so to see her actually act all girly had me laughing my ass off.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    (SPOILER)It could be that Melisandre was only able to perform that magic because of the blood connection that Stannis had with Renly.
    Well, a little later in the book (SPOILER)she uses the same magic to end the siege of Storm's End by having the shade kill the castellan, Ser Courtnay Penrose.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Of course I loved Tyrion in it BUT the riot just seemed forced. It was much more dramatic for me in the books. It kind of fell flat for me in the show. Just wasn't quite.... hrm. The Sansa-Sandor part was good and Tyrion bitch slapping again was great but the actual riot was meh. Alfie Allen is playing such a good job of showing how incompetent Theon is. And I was laughing at the Jon and Ygritte part near the end when they were resting.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The Hound is a badman. That is all, you may proceed.

That scene wasn't as awesome as I originally thought it would be Still good though.

What did the note Arya was reading say?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Winterfell knights are always getting killed. I do not see good things in Theon's future. What an idiot.

Dany is also an idiot for (SPOILER)not having armed guards around her dragons at all times.

Arya's story has been the most interesting this season. (SPOILER)I don't know if Tywin knows who Arya is. I suspect he does, but if so he's doing a good job hiding it. Obviously Littlefinger knows.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Okay, so I'm just past in the book where we are in the show.

They've changed a lot more this season in regards to the book than they did in the last.

The part with Ygritte and Jon was LULZY. When I saw Baelish coming in I'm like, OH smurf. Also, Osha is so bad ass and I just love her. Rantz and I at the same time are like, "OMG TONKS TITS."

I agree with whoever said that Dany should have her dragons guarded at all times, although it really looks like in this case it wouldn't have mattered in anyways. So what, her Khalassar is down to like...3 people now? Some queen. I just think she is so whiny and annoying. I wouldn't give you ships, either! Like, shut up. In the book that slaughter didn't happen, and I wonder if it's just a plot device to get her to the House of the Undying. But seriously, I'm glad her dragons got taken away. She's insufferable.

Also, I'm kind of annoyed by that chick that they threw into the mix with Robb. It's just a way to make fan service. >.>

Articles

Yeah, what's up with that lady Robb is talking to? I don't see the point of her. She's not really doing anything... if her purpose is to show more of Robb's personality, they should have put her with someone who has one instead. HEYO!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    Yeah, what's up with that lady Robb is talking to? I don't see the point of her. She's not really doing anything... if her purpose is to show more of Robb's personality, they should have put her with someone who has one instead. HEYO!
    Robb is hot. He doesn't need a personality.