Page 32 of 528 FirstFirst ... 122226272829303132333435363738425282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

She was initially listed as Jeyne because nobody knew they were going to change her character's story. It's since been changed, as far as I know and according to most of the 'official' sites to Talisa with no real mention of Jeyne except to note that she was "previously listed as Jeyne."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The GoT subreddit seems to still think it's Jeyne, but if you say so. I'm just plain too lazy to verify that. As long as Robb gets some action I'm happy.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So apparently GoT is the Most Torrented show of the year so far. Of course this is just torrents and not streaming sites.

So the kids are dead? That's stupid. Clearly, the show made it look like they were NOT dead so I assume they'll be back. So two episodes left and everyone is still basically where they were 8 episodes ago lol. This book seems shorter than the first. Is there ever going to be a purpose to the storylines going on in the North or with Danerys? Cas while it's nice to get away from Westeros now and then...nothing happens to Jon or Danerys. Yeah her dragons were taken, womp womp. Jon got a boner, hooray. This shows recipe seems to be that only trout happend in the last 2 episodes.

So the kids are dead? That's stupid. Clearly, the show made it look like they were NOT dead so I assume they'll be back. So two episodes left and everyone is still basically where they were 8 episodes ago lol. This book seems shorter than the first. Is there ever going to be a purpose to the storylines going on in the North or with Danerys? Cas while it's nice to get away from Westeros now and then...nothing happens to Jon or Danerys. Yeah her dragons were taken, womp womp. Jon got a boner, hooray. This shows recipe seems to be that only tit happend in the last 2 episodes.
    Yes, there is a point to Jon and Dany's stories. They're just going slower because they are the only characters in which you view their actions from. And of course the story is going to ramp up towards the end. It's a television show based on a book. Books in a series typically follow the same recipe.

Also: Worst Mother's Day Ever.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Hahah it was huh? Poor Catelyn had such a bad mothers day

I am just anxious for Blackwater. It needs to get here already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Yes, there is a point to Jon and Dany's stories. They're just going slower because they are the only characters in which you view their actions from.
    They are already struggling to cram these books into ten hour long episodes, so it blows my mind that they are wasting significant chunks of time putting Jon & Daenerys' characters through plotless tribulations which are not even in the source material. Listening to Ygritte beckon and tease Jon for nearly ten minutes was an obnoxious waste of time, and basically everything about Qarth and the events therein are lame, unnecessary, and do not belong in the universe of this show. Now that we have a magician that can effortlessly make innumerable copies of himself at absolutely no cost to his being if one is, say, skewered through the heart, we might as well have Superman. There is absolutely no reason that this magician isn't the supreme ruler of Westeros and the universe beyond with that kind of power. Very strange.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That scene with Jaime and that poor Lannister cousin was so intense. He literally is indeed a man without honour. Also I think I really like Ygritte. She's really funny and is a-okay in my book. Theon is truly a Prince of s. Cersei actually showed a human side! Also, Tywin and Arya should team up and go on a wacky adventure together.

I'm finding it hard to care about Qarth or any of the characters there though. Yeah, wohoo, some sort of political plotting. Creepy Wizard Dude and Bootstraps Rich Guy team up to overthrow Snooty Twatface and assorted people I don't care about. Allow me to pick my jaw up from the floor! The reason why the politics works so well in Westeros is because we genuinely give a smurf about every character involved there.

So Robb's going to the Crag and insisted the girl went too. I guess she is going to end up being Jeyne after all. & the reason it wasn't advertised was to keep this storyline going.

I was wrong. I have brought dishonour upon my family.

Btw. I'm wioth Paul. I lose interest everytime the screen goes yellow hinting at a hot place as i know its gonna be a tiny blonde barking on about dragons and a honey hairey fella trying to bark the tiny blonde.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 05-14-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    book spoilerThe books skipped the building of Robb and Jeyne's relationship. It was basically just "Hey, Mom, meet my wife. She helped me get better when I was hurt, so I had sex with her." She's a catalyst for future events, but her character and their romance gets very little attention, which a lot of people were bummed about because Robb is a popular character. In the show, Robb is getting more attention so it makes sense that they'd give his love story more attention. The casting states that the actress was cast as Jeyne Westerling, and she's made it clear that she's trying to cover up the fact that she's a lady, so it seems likely that she's using a fake name. What's the point of her using a fake identity? I suppose we'll see.
    I agree with Amanda about the character Talisa and Jeyne. I think it is just a buildup to a romance plot that was left out of the books due to the multiple points of view writing. I think that the show is giving George R. R. Martin a chance to elaborate on some of the points that readers may have missed or not really addressed in the book, like the nature of Renly and Loras' relationship. In that case, there were numerous hints, but I've talked to a lot of people that completely missed that subtext. (SPOILER) If you have read the latest book, were you able to tell that Jon Connington had a crush on Raegar?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Thoughts on this episode:

-Dany is just like, a terrible character and has a terrible story. And it seems liker her actress is getting worse to me. Also, her hair looks like trout, and I'm sad they didn't giver her proper Qarthian garb wear her tit hangs out.

-Jeyne Westerling is as depressing as Jon. They need to get together.

-While kind of pointless, the Ygritte/Jon exchange was really funny.

-I do not understand why when Sansa had her period, there was so much blood it looked like someone stabbed her in the vagina.

-And lastly, I think the part where Circe cries can be best summed up by my conversation with Pontus:
    [3:19:07 PM] Sam: omg
    [3:19:10 PM] Sam: so uncomfortable
    [3:19:13 PM] Pontus: lol
    [3:19:13 PM] Sam: he's like
    [3:19:14 PM] Sam: uuuuh
    [3:19:17 PM] Sam: should i like
    [3:19:18 PM] Sam: hug you
    [3:19:21 PM] Sam: give you a tissue
    [3:19:23 PM] Pontus: haha
    [3:19:23 PM] Sam: or just like, go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like they're dragging out the rest of the storylines because they need Theon's to catch up and to build Joffrey as a monster worth overthrowing. It's a little bit of a bummer, but I still find the scenes entertaining.

Let's be honest, nothing really happens with Jon until the end of the book, so bringing in Ygrette early is at least funny.

And this story with Rob was outright skipped in the book.

And nothing happens with Dany in this book or the next (though I don't really care for magic bird man).

I loved Cersei in this episode; she's a nutter but I've always thought she was a great character, and her admitting Joff is terrible was very humanizing, something I think was missing from the books.

And we all know we love the Tywin/Arya scenes. Love love.

I feel like most of the complaints about the storylines right now are simultaneously that nothing is happening with certain characters, even though not much happens with them in the books, so the writers add some things to try and make it more interesting for TV, and then the same people complain about the things added for TV. I think our expectations are all just a bit high.

Most of all, though, I'm freaking out that book spoilerBJ has to think for a whole week that Bran and Rickon are dead when I know quite well that they're not. It's hard to not yell out spoilers sometimes. xD

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    And we all know we love the Tywin/Arya scenes. Love love.
    Srsly, I squee every time one comes on. It's probably my favourite change from the books. There's a fantastic dynamic between those two.

Most of all, though, I'm freaking out that book spoilerBJ has to think for a whole week that Bran and Rickon are dead when I know quite well that they're not. It's hard to not yell out spoilers sometimes. xD
    (SPOILER)He'll learn to scoff at not-explicitly-shown deaths soon enough. If not after this then after Storm of Swords spoilerthe Arya scare during the RW, if they put it in the show.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tyrion Lannister just corrected Cersei's misuse of "strategy" where she should have used "tactics".

You have absolutely not the faintest notion how happy this makes me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're right, I really don't. I thought he was just being a tit. Explain!