Page 99 of 528 FirstFirst ... 49798993949596979899100101102103104105109119149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

No way, that's not his style at all.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Great episode, easily the best of the season so far.

(SPOILER)While it's true that Dany not losing the dragon was ridiculously predictable, the manner in which it was done was incredible, resulting in one of the best scenes of the whole series. Even for an obnoxiously slow-developing book series, Dany is especially slow -- even season 2 of the TV show couldn't make her subplot during that part very interesting -- but the TV show has done an overall fantastic job with her.

And yes, Tywin is a badass, Varys is awesome, the Tyrells add a much deeper political element, and just the whole damn episode was great -- despite only having cameos of Tyrion and Arya.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yah know, even in the books, I never found Dany boring. I don't understand that comment that book readers make about it. I find the whole series interesting. Although, people say i'm easy to please when it comes to stories/movies/shows. I don't think so, I just appreciate the character archs/development/importance of every character that's worth more than a few mentions/screentime. Even shaggydog deserves some love!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This was the best episode of the season and it's a rare one where showing a bit of each storyline actually worked well. It helps when there's actual progression in each story (well most of them, the Bran and Jamie storylines still falter, hurry up and get to where you're going already).

Dany and Samwell's storylines get an A+ in this episode though. The King's Landing stuff was also very entertaining. Varys is a great character and should be shown more often.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Just had to share this gem, it's a few weeks old now but made me chortle:

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ahahahahahhaaaaaa that is the best GoT thing I have ever seen. Thank christ for tumblr.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fantastic episode!

Although I will say that the Dany stuff was way predictable, but still awesome. I assumed that she would have the unsullied kill everyone, and I also assumed she would have her dragon burn the main slaver guy. It seemed the most sensible thing to do, and she did it. I like badass Dany. Get it, girl.

I love Varys. I think he's my favorite.

Worst line of the episode came from Brienne's lips. Women don't need to be hating on other women. I know she said it to get a jolt out of Jamie, but it seemed especially dumb on a show where the girls have NOT been shown to be defeatist and whiny. So no, Brienne, Jamie was not acting like a woman.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yah know, even in the books, I never found Dany boring. I don't understand that comment that book readers make about it. I find the whole series interesting. Although, people say i'm easy to please when it comes to stories/movies/shows. I don't think so, I just appreciate the character archs/development/importance of every character that's worth more than a few mentions/screentime. Even shaggydog deserves some love!
    Me too! There's not much in the books I actually think is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Worst line of the episode came from Brienne's lips. Women don't need to be hating on other women. I know she said it to get a jolt out of Jamie, but it seemed especially dumb on a show where the girls have NOT been shown to be defeatist and whiny. So no, Brienne, Jamie was not acting like a woman.
    I agree with you in principle, but given her personality and the culture of Westeros it makes complete sense for her to say it. It's a stupid thing to say but it's a very fitting and believable line.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Believable maybe, but still dumb as smurf.

Arya did this in the 1st season too and it annoyed me then. Annoys me now.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I cringed to hear her say it too, even though I think it perfectly fits her personality. The look on her face after she said it seemed to imply perhaps that it shocked even her. I think she said it just to goad Jamie, but after she said it she realized that she really meant it. I don't think she fully understands her inner conflict with the female gender, but hopefully that's something we'll see worked out as the show progresses.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think it was a line that fits the world.

My thoughts on the most recent episode...

I'm with those that thought the Dany stuff was predictable, down to the fine details. I just found it weird that someone who supposedly commanded so many would actually fall for it without having a cunning plan, but I still predicted this would be the case because he's portrayed as an arrogant twat from the start and arrogant twats don't tend to have good backup plans.

I really liked pretty much every scene at King's Landing. Like Miriel, I adore Varys and he's one of my favourites, so it was great to get a couple of scenes out of him. It will be interesting to see which actions Joffrey takes as he looks to win the favour of the people.

About time all those things happened North of the Wall. The guy had it coming. What I didn't expect is for everyone to go battrout insane over it and have a war amongst themselves. Really hope Sam's pals catch up with him, because I like that little trio.

I TOLD YOU NOT TO CLIMB YOU LITTLE RUNT. God damn, man, have a nice dream for a change.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Just because she's a woman she's not allowed to be a mysoginist now?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one's allowed to be misogynist. Duh.

I cringed at that line too, but chalked it up to her trying to find something that would get to Jaime. I get that she has conflict with her gender, but she's a girly girl in a lot of ways--I've never considered her someone who looked down on her gender, just didn't fit the accepted roles very well.

Overall great episode blah blah. When Tywin told Cersei she was stupid BJ cheered and it amused me. Joffrey's excitement giving Margery the tour was adorable in a "lord I am going to stab him in his smarmy face" sort of way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sansa has gone from being the most annoying character to the one that I feel for the most. Great acting mixed with an awesome arc and my heart is in a constant state of breaking for her. Her scenes with the Tyrells have probably been my favourites of the last two episodes and I especially never thought I would end up liking Sansa more than I do Arya, but to me Arya has really been dull this season.

I also agree with everyone that said the previous episode was the best of this season.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah the Night's Watch bit was probably my favourite in the episode! Very tense.