Page 376 of 528 FirstFirst ... 276326356366370371372373374375376377378379380381382386396426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

How were the dogs barking while chewing and ripping people to shreds? The sound effect guy really dropped the ball on that one.

The Jon thing was predictable but still well done, if only a tad bit drawn out. I'm still more invested in Arya's storyline though.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ooooohhh my fcking god, ramsay! ow ffs!
    i came here in the middle of watching the show just get this out.
    jfc, i was genuinly suprised when he stabbed his father.
    i figured he would do something to the baby.. but .. woah!!

ffs Ramsay!

for a sec i thought they would leave us hanging with a dead Jon just to tease us :P

'Euron the wrong bridge, brother'... omg Psychotic xD

edit: Kit Harington has something to say xD

http://www.veronicamagazine.nl/index...tainment:12449
    (theres a vid in it)

this episode... was right in the feels
    lMzzomM_700wa_0.gif
    Last edited by Shaibana; 05-02-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Am I the only one excited to learn that Hodor could talk, and to learn his name? What happened to him? Was he cursed, or did he maybe take a vow to not talk? He looked really really excited when Bran was asking him about it. What secret will he reveal to us when he can talk again? John's origin?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think something happened to him, some hit on the head or something.

So what I want to happen:

Jon comes back, takes up his rightful place as a stark or Targaryen, come on tower of joy, confirm that and then Ramsey comes to take sansa at the wall. And so there's a battle, The battle of the "Bastards". And mid fight BOOOOOMMMMMMM The wall comes crumbling down and the White walkers start making their way through. And then Zombies eat Ramsey.
    Last edited by Freya; 05-02-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ramsey is officially the worst dude in Westeros, if he wasn't already. I hope Jon kicks his ass.

Not a good time to be a high lord. 3 killed in just two episodes! I think no longer being chained to the books has allowed the writers to move things along and I like this pacing. For example, a book version of Arya's storyline may have had 2-3 more training montage scenes or perhaps she had some misadventure or two as a street urchin to 'world develop' the seedy underbelly of Bravos, but I'm glad she's done with that already.

Jon's revival was a little odd. It seemed kind out of place that Davos, someone who (a) has just met Jon, (b) doesn't trust Melisandre, (c) is not superstitious (and therefore wouldn't believe Jon is some kind of chosen one), and (d) has seen some of the terrible stuff magic can do would go out of his way to ask the witch to revive this kid. It would have been nice if he gave a compelling reason for it other than 'I've seen you do magics, want to give resurrection a go? We've got nothing better to do here.' It's also strange that it is just that easy for a red priest to revive someone when almost every other magic in this world has a terrible cost to it. But whatever, it got us in two episodes (the over/under was 2.5) to the outcome we all wanted: Jon alive and ready to kick Bolton ass.

Also, it seems pretty clear that Bran's flashbacks are going to be the plot device to discover Jon's origins. I hope he is used for more than just that. It would be cool to see a Stark (Sansa/Bran/Jon) reunion this season.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I don't think all her words and washing or anything was what revived him. I think that small pleading "please" was what did it. "Please work, everything I have believed in is lost, please work " Kinda thing.

Same thing happened with thoros of myr. He said he was just going through the motions, not cause he was a priest but because Berric was his friend and BAM Berric was back.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can't remember the Thoros scene very well but maybe you're right. But Mel and Davos aren't Jon's friends so I don't think it was them who saved him. It had to be Ghost!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Guys what if
    What if
    Jon Snow can only say Jon Snow now.

And that's what happened to Hodor.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tyrion is a Targaryen.

Ramsey is going to get beat to trout when he gets to Castle Black and faces off with Tormund and Jon.

WHERE IS NYMERIA?

Awwwww at Sansa asking about Arya.

WILLIS?!

GAAAAAAAH THIS EPISODE GUYS.

JON SNOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

So.... they kind of left it open that MAYBE Ghost had a hand in Jon's revival but I think it was more to do with Mel having a crisis of faith and THAT's what caused the miracle. We'll know more when we see what Jon is like post-rebirth. If he's "whole" or has gaps in his memory or is kind of a re-animated shell of himself. If they're going the whole Prince that was Promised route, he'd be more or less himself I would think.

Still, YES, I cannot wait to see him finally fight back against Ramsey.

Davos being the catalyst was an odd choice indeed. As much as I love him, having him plead with Mel to work MORE magic seemed really out of character. Even if he respects Jon for, I don't know, being a good guy? Without Stannis to kneel to, maybe he just picked Jon as his new lord to follow?

My assumption about Tyrion was not on the mark, though maybe the deeper meaning is right and the Dragons didn't just eat him because they did sense a kindred bloodline after all.

As for Bran, I wonder too if he's just being used to tie up loose flashback storylines or if, like with what I'm assuming will happen with Sam going to Oldtown, his knowledge on magic and the White Walkers will become more and more important to the endgame.

What would be kind of funny/trolling is if Jon Snow still ends up getting killed somewhere down the line.

These first two episodes really felt like chessboard clearing moves and hopefully now we'll see real plot momentum. Killing off various characters who no longer serve the right purpose and bringing back (In many forms) others to continue the end game of the story as we move further in to this season.

Take care all.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I'm definitely interested to see how the Jon Snow story plays out now. Very few stories pull off resurrection without it being incredibly groan-worthy (relying on amnesia/possession type tropes that ultimately get resolved by love or sacrifice or finally remembering everything in their dieing breath...) and GoT generally aims for the highest bar, so it's definitely going to be interesting.

To be honest I'd be more than happy with Ramsey and Snow killing each other at Castle Black, then while the watch/wild-lings are too busy focusing on that, the White Walkers complete blindside them. Then they can just march their merry way down to King's Landing, destroying everything in their way and face off against the High Sparrow and his goons. Though knowing how dragged out that arc is, we'll probably see some real White Walker action again sometime around Season 9.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 05-02-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The White Walkers seem like they are the endgame big bad and won't be addressed until the major conflicts within the North/South/Easteros are resolved. The conflicts are so layered in this show:

[[[[Starks vs. Boltons] vs. Greyjoys] vs. [Lannisters vs. Martells]] vs. Targaryns] vs. White Walkers]

And even within the families themselves you have conflicts.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

For a second there I actually thought Roose was the one stabbing Ramsay. Should've known!

Excited to see what post-res Jon is gonna be like. I also thought Davos' behaviour was out of character this episode, though.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't know, I liked the old Davos-Melissandre faith switcharoo. Davos has seen enough to reassess his beliefs and know that it's not actually all just bulltrout, which is good it's showing he's growing as a character instead of steadfastly keeping his fingers in his ears and saying he can't hear anything. And there's a pretty big faith gap in his life now that his own god is dead.