Page 340 of 528 FirstFirst ... 240290320330334335336337338339340341342343344345346350360390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Blog Entries

It's weird how they were playing up the whole evil pedophile angle with Meryn Trant when in Westeros, ladies are encouraged to get married to whatever old man suits their agenda and start making children pretty much as soon as they get their period.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 06-08-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    EDIT: Formy, I don't think he's every been good. I think you're getting confused since he's lawful. He's definitely always been lawful neutral, and this still falls under that, imo.
    In regard to Stannis, I'm probably inclined to agree. Maybe 'good' was too broad a term for me to use. But Stannis the majority of the season and the end of last season has been built up to be 'nicer' anyway. You are right, though.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that last scene really felt like '' Smurf y'all guys! im outta here!!''
    i got so excited when i heard Drogon :3

I still cant stand it that the Unsullied are being defeated that easely.
    they are suppose to be ruthless warmachines, but when it really comes to it seem to forget all the training and get killed by random ppl :S perhaps Danny should have pushed them to keep in shape.
    im glad to see Jorah back in her favour <3 for as long as it will last

dammit Stannis... why? ;_; she was such a sweet girl.

p.s jinx! links us that Imgur thingy

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    It's weird how they were playing up the whole evil pedophile angle with Meryn Trant when in Westeros, ladies are encouraged to get married to whatever old man suits their agenda and start making children pretty much as soon as they get their period.
    Oh yeah, I hated that. Let's manufacture a cheap way to have you hate him! Could've made more about him killing Syrio or beating Sansa instead of that. Still, Mace the Ace and his world class singing for no apparent reason. God damn xD Can you imagine any of the other high lords like Tywin Lannister or Ned Stark doing that? Love it.

Blog Entries

Yea it feels like that they're trying to take away any morale ambiguity from Arya wanting to kill Meryn as though the audience doesn't have enough reasons to side with Arya. Before this you could at least argue he was following orders.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles

Yeah, it's why I've never really liked Arya's storyline, especially in the show. It's just a really damaged kid enacting one long revenge fantasy with little thought to either morality or consequences. There looked like a little bit of development when she took the Hound off her list but it never really went anywhere. Meryn Trant is evil therefore he must die! Go Arya! Mehhh.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Ok, well. Melissandre is an actual witch, she smurfing smiled as shireen burned.

It would be really amazing if this sacrifice didn't actually make things go better. It would be amusing to see how stannis reacted to that.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Ok, well. Melissandre is an actual witch, she smurfing smiled as shireen burned.

It would be really amazing if this sacrifice didn't actually make things go better. It would be amusing to see how stannis reacted to that.
    I was going to say something along those lines. This is when, when it's all said and done, the sacrifice ends up having no effect and Stannis' wife is just like, "Eh, actually you are not the father..." DUN DUN DUN!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Everyone knows Patchface was Shireen's father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For all those troutting on the unsullied.

They are soldiers meant to fight side to side, shield to shield. They get slaughtered when they have no idea where their enemies are, but not the moment they get them in an organized circle they hold of like, what? 10, 20 times their numbers? without taking a casualty! so I thought it was a perfectly fine representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

It probably will. In the books its pretty established she has power when dealing with Kings Blood.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In other news; Now that we don't have actual scenery shots, I feel like the Dorne plot line is being much more well acted. It's not as horribad. I believe I read the scenery shots were so bad because they had a shot time constraint on the location so they weren't able to film over and over to perfect things. Now that they are inside places, they don't have to actually be somewhere for that, it's going much more smoothly.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    For all those troutting on the unsullied.

They are soldiers meant to fight side to side, shield to shield. They get slaughtered when they have no idea where their enemies are, but not the moment they get them in an organized circle they hold of like, what? 10, 20 times their numbers? without taking a casualty! so I thought it was a perfectly fine representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT Show Wiki
    Unsullied battle tactics are based on the legions of the old Ghiscari Empire, involving large groups of them fighting in lock-step phalanxes using spear and shield, though they are also trained to use shortswords for close-quarters combat.

Besides, a spearman with 15-20 years of training and is a hardened killer still doesn't die to random pampered rich kids regardless of formation

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I don't buy the no close quarters. These guys are trained from young boys in the art of combat. They know close quarters trout.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The point wasn't they can't fight close quarters its that it was chaos.

"battle tactics are based on the legions of the old Ghiscari Empire"

There was no battle, tactic, or legion going on. It was "Hey man these games are pretty brutal, whats going on down there? Did he just throw a spear into the stan- GLALALARLALGAKDFKASJKLGJALKMFKLSAMFSA" (his throat was cutoff mid sentence).

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Soldiers who can't fight amidst chaos don't belong in a legion.