Page 15 of 528 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021253565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

I actually like book Sansa.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like book Sansa after a couple books, she finally gets some growth. Not right away though.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default Ugh, Sansa.

Sansa's character frustrates me because she's always passive. It's almost impossible to pull off a passive protagonist, and throughout the books Sansa is constantly being shoved around by other people. She almost never does anything for herself, and it just gets annoying. She's constantly a point of view whose primary purpose is to show more interesting characters (SPOILER)(like Davos is to Melisandre and Stannis, but worse). She's finally getting set up to do some interesting stuff, but she just annoys the balls out of me.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Yeah Sansa is a growing character who becomes more 'worthy' as time goes on. Still doesn't keep her from annoying the galoshes off of me when you view it overall. So I suppose you can say I like her, but she certainly has made me want to strangler her on several occasions. . .

Though I am surprised Robb hasn't annoyed lynx. . . I can think of a few places where he had me wanting to smack him about. Honestly pretty much every character has annoyed me at some point or another. Damn them and being human!

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I figured they were going to save that for the finale but I guess not! Twitter is blowing up in outrage. My mother declared that she's done with the show now. xD

Also this picture cracked me up, hipster Bronn

Last edited by Freya; 06-13-2011 at 04:57 AM.

That was the one of the most amazing episodes of any TV show I've ever seen. the smurfing ending...wow. Completely insane. (SPOILER)They totally humiliated Ned's character. He was trying to save his daughters and gave up honor for that but then they just totally efed him. So sad. That episode was a definite 10/10.

Blog Entries

The Starks can't catch a break.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Default Why does my HBOGO have to be down?!

I'll be watching last night's episode as soon as my family gets all the account information for Comcast all sorted out so that I can use HBOGO again, but in the mean time: Please, Please George. ADWD is done now obviously, but still funny.

Edit: Got HBOGO running and watched "Baelor." Oh man, I knew it was coming and it was still awesome.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 06-13-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What!

WHAT!

I refuse to believe this.

Was so sure there was going to be a "STOOOOOOOP! They have Jamie" moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    What!

WHAT!

I refuse to believe this.

Was so sure there was going to be a "STOOOOOOOP! They have Jamie" moment.
    Well, everyone did try to stop him. He's just a .

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Default Something bothering me.

I understand that it would have been very difficult to pull off, but I feel as though that the series has missed on major plot point from the books. Massive potential spoiler. Seriously:We saw none of Eddard's musings in the black cells which are crucial to the theory that Jon Snow is, in fact, the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Eddard's fever dreams about the Tower of Joy and Lyanna's dying wish are very important pieces to that puzzle. I know not everyone is convinced by the theory, but after Martin announced publicly that Howland Reed (the only living person who knows of what truly happened at the Tower of Joy) will never have a POV chapter because he knows too much, I consider that almost all the proof I need. For additional discussion of possible theories of Jon's parentage, and more evidence than you could ever need, I refer you to The Tower of the Hand. Note spoilers are mostly for AGOT, but there's also a few supporting passages through ASOS.

I mean, it's hardly something that they can't still reveal much later down the road should the series continue to get renewed. It's just going to be lacking all the groundwork that makes it such a great twist. I mean, I was expecting it since dreams and internal monologues are always difficult to pull off well in a visual medium, but I'm just disappointed because it is something so deftly done in the books.

The scene between Shae, Bronn, and Tyrion was too long.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Default Regarding Shae:

Shae is probably the first character who I feel has been poorly cast. Or maybe it's not quite that; maybe it's that she's poorly written? I guess they're trying to make more out of her than there was in the books, especially with her refusal to discuss anything about her parents. She's far meaner than I ever imagined her.

I think the writers are trying to give her more of a presence in the scenes containing Tyrion in an attempt to make her a stronger, more important character. In the books, even with her relationship to Tyrion, she's a pretty insignificant person who does almost nothing to move the plot along. (SPOILER)Until ASOS that is, though even then her role is pretty small.

Walder Frey's casting, on the other hand, was pretty well done.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I both loved and hated this episode, its all starting to come together, poor poor Ned and Arya, I have little (almost no) sorrow for Sansa considering it was she who brought about this whole thing, dumb bitch, I also thought Daenarys part in todays episode was awesome, the sounds that came from that tent were awesome, and I love how dominant she was on the whole if it weren't for all the bad things happening I would probably totally love the whole episode, it definitely is the best episode of the series so far, it just keeps going from strength to strength.

Does anyone know if HBO has agreed to a second series yet, I would be very surprised if they didn't this series has over 900,000 views on the site I watch it on.