Page 194 of 528 FirstFirst ... 94144174184188189190191192193194195196197198199200204214244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Doesn't matter if people were reading them in the 90s or not. The most recent book came out in 2011, and the show started in 2011. I know they're massive books, but I think people could read all five in three years if they were really that concerned.

Like I said, I don't go out of my way to spoil people, and I've even asked to have things hidden that aren't out-right spoilers, but could still spoil some people. But at the same time, I don't think people should expect to be coddled about spoilers. Especially when no one is directly spoiling you. Shaibana's example is someone being troutty. Carl's example of just reading YouTube comments is no one's fault but his own. People are allowed to discuss it in open forums. It's a 20-year-old series. And even if you just consider the interest since the show started, that's still three years. If in 2008 I had heard someone complaining because someone told them Snape killed Dumbledore, I would've said tough titties.

tl;dr I'm not in the habit of spoiling people, and I try to not be a dick and protect people when I can (e.g. having mods spoiler things, putting spoiler tags on my own posts, discussing things on Facebook IM instead of making statuses about it when I COULD), but I don't feel bad at all for people who are getting spoiled. I'm not saying someone has to read the books if they don't want to, just that the information is out there and you are in control of what you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Carl's example of just reading YouTube comments is no one's fault but his own. People are allowed to discuss it in open forums. It's a 20-year-old series.
    I posted what I posted for other people, I have all the books, I have been reading them since 2003 and have signed copies of the books >.>

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If it's a thread or video or whatever about the TV show then yes it's a dick move. If it's a thread or video about the books then go hog wild.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    Ha!

Kind of a spoiler-ishSomeone said that they are surprised the PW is so early in the season. What episode is it taking place? The Lion and the Rose (ep. 2) d'you think?

Articles
    Blog Entries

(SPOILER)Purple Wedding can't come soon enough IMO.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    Kind of a spoiler-ishSomeone said that they are surprised the PW is so early in the season. What episode is it taking place? The Lion and the Rose (ep. 2) d'you think?
    It's got to be the (SPOILER)Purple Wedding
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    This. This is going to be the highlight of all 4 seasons for me... I can't convey how excited I am for this season, it's where the books really begin to interest me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    It's got to be the (SPOILER)Purple Wedding
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    This. This is going to be the highlight of all 4 seasons for me... I can't convey how excited I am for this season, it's where the books really begin to interest me.
    Edit: I have to say George really has a thing for book/season 4 spoilermurder at people's weddings, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, the Dothraki wedding

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't know you read the books, ToriJ!

omg can't wait

Massive spoiler, do not read unless you've completed Book 3My real excitement is to see UnCat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Ha!

(SPOILER)Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will be episode two. The creators have confirmed that half of that episode is "one scene." I'm so excited I could puke.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm calling it now (SPOILER)It will be the highest rated segment in television history. Social media will explode in glee and somebody will complain about the fall of society because of the age of the person that died.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had never even heard of Game if Thrones until the show started. Some fans weren't even smurfing born yet when the series began. The attitude of "well you should have read it if you didn't want it spoiled" is a little annoying to me because, well, it's not as if I had someone trying to cram these books down my throat all my life and I actively avoided them. I kindof love the fact that there are masses of fans who have not read the books and to gauge the reactions of people via social media or whatever who experience these crazy smurfing plot twists that this story has to offer.

I get where shaibana is coming from with not wanting to know what happens before it happens in the show. Some people just aren't interested in knowing the story unless it comes from the show. Have you seen the smurfing size of the books he writes? I don't blame them.

Once the show is good and well over, that would be a different case. But it's not, and I don't believe anyone should be faulted for not wanting anything spoiled when they haven't yet read the books no matter when they came out, because it isn't relevant. Additionally, Spider-Man rules apply when you already have read them.

Just try to handle it how you would it want to be handled if you were a new fan and relying on the show to give you your story.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You've all changed to oldskool right? Change your skins today.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

OMG I LOVE IT xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

I vote the banner stays