Page 21 of 528 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627314171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Did I see a killer looking Aria in there? That is awesome. I haven't read the books so seeing the trout that goes down is terribly exciting. Like when they killed Ned. My god that was insane.
    If you think Arya's great in the show you should definitely read the books. I am so into her (not sexually).

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how that needed to be specified.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

IMAGES HEH

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know if I would say which is better, but it's definitely like The Godfather where the quality of the performances can at times outshine the source material. Although I thought the ending to Danaerys' story in GoT was absolutely heartbreaking to read, and I was horribly dreading having to experience it all over again with the show, but it really wasn't that bad.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Jiro and his uncultured noob friends
    I'll slay you for this
    Bring it on weakling. You're powerless now. You're no different than, say, Hypoallergenic Cactuar. Equal in power and uh, significance.

Show better than the books? That can't be evaluated yet. Anyone who's read the books is automatically going to be bringing something with them to the show that's not actually there yet. I have no doubt that this show, barring some monumental screw up on the producers' parts, will go down as the greatest fantasy series of all time, but whether that will make it better than the books remains to be seen.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It's already the second most watched show of the past year, behind true blood but before boardwalk empire. It's 3rd most watched of all time. With the sopranos in first then true blood. And GoT hasnt even reached its second season.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I want them to deviate from the books and basically have the plot be that Tyrion rules the world and all others must dance for him. Plus that horrible thing that happened at the end of GoT/Season 1 DID NOT HAPPEN

There are a few things in the book that are genuinely hard to read because things are happening that you hate to characters you like. He better give us a happy ending by book 7 though. i know his form, It'd be just like the fat bearded smurf to end it all Blake 7 style. He hates happy endings (and I'm not talking about a massage wank).

Davos, Jaime, Arya & Stannis are arguably my favorite characters in the books (quite fond of great big fat Wyman Manderly & Delorus Edd Tollett but they're quite minor). Some characters I liked in the first few books I've gone off slightly as I'm easily annoyed by stubborness & arrogance (I believe that covers Jon & Tyrion nicely).

In summary, Cant wait.

valar morghulis

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Valar Dohaeris.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Valar Dohaeris.
    Was the meaning of this ever confirmed?

All Men Must Serve.

Confirmed in AFFC.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Damn you people, why could you bring this thread up closer to the time of its release... now I know its released in April I have to wait ; ;

On the whole "The show is better" I initially had the same reaction as Julian but I after seeing the first series I am inclined to keep an open mind, how they treat Arya's and Daeny's story arcs will come to be the deciding factor.

Whether or not the show is better or vice versa is inconsequential and arguments one way or another are pointless. Television and books are two entirely different mediums with differing strengths and weaknesses. I don't understand why people insist on comparing the two when they are completely incomparable.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I read the script and I think it's better than the books. Those stage cues are just brilliant.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Martin has stated that the books are going to have a "bittersweet ending". Which given what he does to his characters has me worried, since his definition of a bittersweet ending is likely to be pretty smurfing depressing.

The series is not better than the books, but it might manage to be as good if it keeps up its current level of quality.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)