Page 221 of 528 FirstFirst ... 121171201211215216217218219220221222223224225226227231241271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This might sound strange, but Oberyn and Ellaria have made the needless and gratuitous sex fresh again. Before it was kind of getting boring, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    This might sound strange, but Oberyn and Ellaria have made the needless and gratuitous sex fresh again. Before it was kind of getting boring, honestly.
    You just liked seeing Oberyn smack that guy's ass. Dirty animal.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whoa, holy trout, the scene with Jaime and Cersei smurfing in the sept. With how much she was resisting and saying no, it was disturbing for him to be so insistent. Definitely seemed like rape to me. book stuff about this sceneIs there a reason they couldn't have done it like in the book? I don't see a good one. It was done to either show how overcome with grief Cersei was that she couldn't even manage it in herself to consent to smurfing Jaime - something they both almost killed a little boy over, or to show how enamored with Cersei Jaime is and that he will do absolutely anything to have her. I believe this will be made clear when Tyrion speaks with him about calling him for a witness, in which he will most likely decline to testify for him based on his want for Cersei. (I forgot what happened in the book or if this even happened in the book, this is non-book referenced speculation)

I am conflicted about my feelings for Arya. Lately, half the time I find her an annoying little tripe, half the time I think she's alright. The Hound remains to be one of my favorites, as does Jaime, despite the sister-rape.

I liked the talk between Tywin and Oberyn. Both of Tywin's scenes were my favorites of this episode - this one and his one speaking to Tommen.

Farewell to Pod made me sad

I find it a bit off that Alliser asked Jon Snow for his opinion with what to do about the wildlings and the wall, considering how contemptuous he generally acts toward him.

Seems I'm feeling differently about Danaerys than most people now! I have been somewhat of a supporter of Danaerys throughout this show, but I am reaching my limit for how tolerable I feel like she is. She's too bullheaded and annoying for her own good. Cocky, I guess you could say. Meereen was just beautiful, though! Those statues beside the gates were amazing. book spoilerI am quite sad that they cut out a ton of stuff from the books at this part, because I thought it was all pretty interesting. Felt like they skipped out a lot of details that happened. I liked the battle between Daario and the Meereen champion, though. Sweet stuff! (poor horse D: )! I like Daario a lot.

Kindof a poor note to end on with the ending shot. Felt anticlimactic. I agree with Del Murder on plot advancement - could have gone better, I think. Still, an okay episode.

I have hope for King Tommen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    Secondly, I really don't think you understand what Dany is doing with the slaves at all. Besides just doing the RIGHT thing--really, she's kind of the only person who's acting in a way that isn't completely selfish--when she DOES finally go to Westeros, she's going to have a ton of people who are loyal to her and who are willing to fight for her. Even if they aren't a trained army, she's going to have an insane amount of supporters, and that in turn will make it harder for those who would fight her to fight.
    This is where you're wrong. It is completely selfish, because she knows that by freeing the slaves, they will support her and she will have the army she needs. You could make the argument that they are free and could leave at any time they want, but if she thought they would actually do that, I do not believe she would be using this method as her strategy. If she did think they would leave her, I am quite certain that she would just buy an army to do her bidding for her if she were able because her number one goal is to reclaim the throne in Westeros by any means necessary, slaves or no slaves. Is her method kinder to the once-slaves and is it a better life for them? Yes. Better intentions, sure, but she is still using them for personal gain, which makes it selfish.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just saw the episode. I really enjoyed it if only for the Tywin scenes and Tyrion's scene. Those made this episode for me. The stuff with Littlefinger was already spoiled with me by someone from work who had just gotten it spoiled for him by reading it online.

RIP potato guy.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Damn, I found the perfect sig, but it has loads of naughty language :/

Language

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Speaking of Meereen!

In the opening credits the Harpy statue is MUCH better this season. Last season it opened its wings really quickly, and now they have it opening its wings slowly and to the music. That bothered me, so I'm glad they changed it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I find it a bit off that Alliser asked Jon Snow for his opinion with what to do about the wildlings and the wall, considering how contemptuous he generally acts toward him.
    I think he was trying to trick Jon Snow - it was a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation and he wanted Jon to either say they should leave the Wildlings alone to kill as they please (to suggest that Jon was siding with the Wildlings) or to vote to abandon their post to save the people from the Wildlings (to suggest that Jon was willing to abandon his post). Jon's choice of words was very clever, and nobody was able to disagree with them, thus Jon avoided the trap.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

I certainly interpreted the sex in the book as consensual. Rereading it now I don't know how it could be read otherwise, unless you factor in POV.

What made Jaime such a fantastic character in the books is his redemption. Westeros is full of reprehensible folk, and Jaime is certainly one of them, but the argument of "oh well he did it because people are bad and do bad things even when you don't expect it" isn't satisfactory. In a world like this there is also room for the reprehensible to redeem themselves, and Jaime was one of those characters. By trampling all over his character development like this, they've reduced him to another one of the purely grey characters. In Westeros there are "good" characters (Pod), there are "bad" characters (Ramsay or Euron), the many "grey area" characters, and those who travel between these three distinctions. In the books, Jaime starts from the bottom and slowly works his way up, making him more fascinating. Now he's been (seemingly) taken down a few pegs again. It reminds me of Vikings, a show I want to like but can't get into because there's never any real permanent character development. The characters literally do the exact same things over and over again, and so any "development" means less and I end up not caring about what anyone is doing.

I just hope they had a good reason for changing this, and that it wasn't just a cheap dramatic ploy. The writers/show runners are usually pretty on the ball. Their reputation is the only reason my hope isn't wavering right now.

I have yet to watch the third episode, so I'm not aware of how gratuitous and rapey it might come off. However, I have read quite a bit about the scene in question, from both sides, and I have come to the conclusion that only one thing needs to be taken into account:

Currently, the majority of characters in the show are, essentially, alternate reality versions of those in the book. Enough things have gone on in the show that differ from the book that the characters are no longer growing the same way, nor are events becoming realized in the same way or even at the same time. Comparing the characters in the show with the characters in the book, or vice versa, is something that should no longer occur on a grand scale because this. While this does not necessarily excuse the fact that the scene could have been portrayed better, it does excuse the notion that it was somehow portrayed incorrectly. Show Jaime, like all Show Characters, are experiencing things differently than their book counterparts and so a lot of things have to be changed in order to make sense of that.

The emotions and actions of the characters in the show are not completely decided by the writers of each individual episode and the characters in the book now only serve as general guidelines and rough outlines to how each character should act. The show is growing into its own completely separate entity from the books and, while they will still share a significant amount of things in common, I think it is extremely silly to keep judging the actions of characters in the show to their book counterparts.

Needs more Bran and Jojen I'm-23-in-Real-Life-Somehow Reed. I can't open my Tumblr dashboard without seeing tons of gifs of Tyrion and Dany. Like, they take a step forward and there's 10 panels of carefully crafted gifs for it. Let some others in there!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The problem is you're on Tumblr.

No way, the indignant rage over every issue possible is way too much fun to read. Besides, I do get some fun stuff in there sometimes. Olenna Tyrell deserves to be immortalized. I'd watch a whole spin-off series where she just waltzes around King's Landing talking to everyone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post

This. This so smurfing much, man.