Page 225 of 528 FirstFirst ... 125175205215219220221222223224225226227228229230231235245275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

its funny, my boyfriend said (pretending to have already watched it but to obvious didnt) that Hodor would get killed and seeing Hodor being picked on i was certain that my boyfriend had cursed him by saying that :l i was afraid he would actually die

i think the whole scene from Bran getting behind the wall, and Sam telling Jon, has been erased from the memorie of the audiance :l how did they do that?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Sam and Gilly came up through the well at the Nightfort when Bran & Co. were camping there. The well leads to a secret passage that goes under the wall. I don't think they went into much detail about it.

Interesting change from the books in relation to this
    I find it curious that Coldhands hasn't made an appearance yet. Sam leading Bran & Co. behind the wall using the Night's Watch oath, and Coldhands not being able to go with, are good examples of the magical properties of the wall, which I think have been largely ignored by the show so far. That part is no major deal, but I do hope they won't scrap Coldhands entirely, at least. He's certainly a unique and likely important character.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just watched the episode just now, and here are my random assorted thoughts on it:

• Overall, a very solid episode. I liked the middle section the best, in Kings Landing. I thought that flowed very seamlessly.
    • Finally, Bran's storyline hits home. After what has practically been him just travelling, now I actually feel somewhat involved with him and the others. I still can't help but feel largely ambivalent towards Jojen. He's either silently observing any interactions, or seizing. I like Meera more, personally. But you have to feel sorry for Hodor! That bit was tragic.
    • In the same vein, I actually forgot about Ghost. I did wonder where Jon's direwolf went to.
    • Dany's bit was basically just her taking over Mereen. In a way, I'm slightly underwhelmed. I mean, Mereen was built up as the largest of the Slave Cities, the last one Dany needed to take. The previous episode had a great scene with the Champion and Daario. How exciting, I thought, only to then in the next one have Mereen taken over in the space of ten minutes, even less so. I did like the sneaky way they did it, but... meh. I was expecting more resistance from Mereen. Now that Dany has all three cities, I wonder what's next. We shall see.
    • Like the others, looking forward to Pod and Brienne become our new travelling companions.
    • Cersei is deteriorating. I particularly liked how the camera focused solely on her whilst she drunk her wine; probably showing a problem with alcohol there. Can't help but wonder if that was spurred on my the events in the Sept.
    • Talking about the Sept, I'm surprised with how it was virtually forgotten about. Cersei and Jaime sort of carry on as if it never happened. And Jaime is back to his usual, cheerful, friendly, 'changed man' self. I'm not sure about that one.
    • We practically know who did it now. Littlefinger, and Olenna. Littlefinger admitted it to Sansa, while Olenna gave a pretty huge hint. I loved how she fondled with Margarey's necklace as well during her scene: cute touch.
    • The scene with Tommen and Margarey was interesting. It was pretty funny, actually. I think Margarey was acting on Tommen's sort of pre-pubescent adolescence there, which is pretty clever. And the bit with Ser Pounce was cute. I like now how Tommen is getting more screen-time. The actor who plays him isn't half bad.
    • I don't think the Craster's Mutineers could have been portrayed as subtle, to be honest. It sounds pretty cheap, but I think the 'full on evil' get-up is probably the best option for them. The whole hostage situation now will be very interesting to watch now that Jon is marching on the keep.
    • Also, I can't help but feel I've seen that Locke guy before. Someone remind me who he is. I think he's a baddie, but I can't remember.
    • Finally, I like the White Walkers bit at the end. Gives us a bit more about them without revealing too much.

All in all, very excited for the next episode!

Well, I always wondered what the Others did with Craster's sons, and how they stayed alive and grew in numbers over the course of 1000+ years, so that ending was quite shocking and satisfying. Especially to my smug book-reader ego. Just when I feel like I know everything about GoT, they tell me to shut the smurf up and sit down. :x

Now I imagine the entire Others army as Craster's former sons. Quite a disturbing mental image, ain't it?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    While he meant her clutching hand to be her giving in
    "She totally wants it. Just look at the way she's clutching her hand" is a worse rape line than "look at what she's wearing"
    I cant imagine anyone who thinks this.

Anyway what I dont like is that now I cant say to an exclusive show watcher "I really like Jaime Lanister" without having to explain how he isn't a rapist.
    Yeah, that scene was supposed to be about their smurfed up power dynamic, but it turned out just to be a plain ol' rape scene. But I want to love Jaime, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Excellent episode! The bit at the end was a bit uncomfortable, but awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Pretty surprised they made it blindingly obvious who did Joffrey in so soon. A bit of mystery and intrigue would've been fun. Great episode though!
    Agreed, although I can certainly see the point in making things more in-your-face for the show. In a few episodes' time a lot of non-readers (not all, I know, but many) will be all "King Geoffrey? Who's that again?".
    The show keeps cheating us out of my favorite surprises from the books. First, Ser Barriston traveling with Dany. Then Theon's fate. Then who killed Joffrey. Then Podrick, who, in the books, was assumed to probably not be scene again and then met up with Brienne on the road so I clutched my book like "Yay, it's Podrick!... though I am excited for more Podrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Thrilled for the debut of Ser Pounce.
    Yay! More Tommen with kitties scenes!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Well, I always wondered what the Others did with Craster's sons, and how they stayed alive and grew in numbers over the course of 1000+ years, so that ending was quite shocking and satisfying. Especially to my smug book-reader ego. Just when I feel like I know everything about GoT, they tell me to shut the smurf up and sit down. :x

Now I imagine the entire Others army as Craster's former sons. Quite a disturbing mental image, ain't it?
    I want to see little White toddlers running around playing freeze tag!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The way they're taking the show is kind of dumb. Meh.

Tommen's about to lose his V-card btw.

I second Formy saying that Dany's taking Meereen was actually pretty anti-climactic after the build-up of last episode. I did enjoy seeing the slavemasters basically get crucified, though. That was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

• Also, I can't help but feel I've seen that Locke guy before. Someone remind me who he is. I think he's a baddie, but I can't remember.
    He cut off Jaime's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post

Not as much as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    The way they're taking the show is kind of dumb. Meh.

Tommen's about to lose his V-card btw.

I second Formy saying that Dany's taking Meereen was actually pretty anti-climactic after the build-up of last episode. I did enjoy seeing the slavemasters basically get crucified, though. That was cool.
    I don't think Margaery smurfs until she's sealed the deal. Until then she only teases.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I liked the episode. Brienne is the best. They did an awfully good job of making us not like the mutineers at Craster's place. Here's hoping they die horribly soon. I don't remember if any of this stuff was even in the books. I honestly enjoy when some things happen differently than the books, so I get to relive some of the not-knowing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Also, I can't help but feel I've seen that Locke guy before. Someone remind me who he is. I think he's a baddie, but I can't remember.
    Last time we saw him, he was in the room when Theon was telling the Boltons that Bran was alive. So he's presumably hunting for Bran.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So interestingly enough, HBO may have spoilered themselves too soon. On the official synopsis it said Night's King, now it's been edited to just say a walker.

Good job HBO.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

bwahahahha

FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)

Father of Year

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That scene with Margaery I loled hard. His face was priceless.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Is 'Night's King' really a spoiler? The name literally means nothing to me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It was a featurette in season 2 on the dvd's they mention him and he's literally been mentioned in the books twice and in passing really.

But he's the ultimate boss of the series basically, or so the theories go. Here let Ygritte explain.

Basically they confirmed there is a leader within the others, with the scene and then mentioning his name in the synopsis, and he has ties to the night's watch AND the starks. This hasn't been mentioned or touched on in the books besides old nan mentioning it in a story to Bran and Torumand to Jon in a story in another book. Partly cause they can't show a perspective of the white walkers in the books. They also showed a type of hierarchy with the white walkers, another thing never even touched upon in the books. So this weeks episode had new things for everyone, even the all knowing book readers.
    Last edited by Freya; 04-29-2014 at 07:34 AM.