Page 22 of 528 FirstFirst ... 21216171819202122232425262728324272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Look Mellisandre and Stannis!

New promo shots! 17 total >.> hence the spoiler cut.

Brienne!

Balon Greyjoy!

Davos!

Wow. Brienne looks great! I thought it was a guy at first and was all "who the ef is that supposed to be?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

NOOOOOOOOO DAVOS IS TOO OLD!!! One of my favorite characters!!! I'm sure he'll still be good, though. I wanted a Daniel Day Lewsi kinda like in the Crucible kind of guy, but the producers here have my faith.

Davos is strangely how i imagined him. A salt stained, greyed sailor. However, I cant help but think Cunningham should have been Stannis and Delane Davos but hey ho. Cznt wait either way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Davos isn't too old. He has grown sons.

Everyone is perfect. Though I imagined Davos with longer hair for some reason.

Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries

I suppose you two are right, although I assumed Davos' sons were in their early to mid-teens just like Rob and John are supposed to be. Plus I kind of have the card game backing me up:

Ser_Davos_Seaworth.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    However, I cant help but think Cunningham should have been Stannis and Delane Davos but hey ho.
    That would've been interesting. But same as you, I can't wait either way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I agree. I mean he still looks good but I saw him a little less....gray.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Martin has stated that the books are going to have a "bittersweet ending". Which given what he does to his characters has me worried, since his definition of a bittersweet ending is likely to be pretty smurfing depressing.

I have a feeling that if it ends with (SPOILER)Dany becoming Queen of Westeros that she will have paid dearly for it. She still has one betrayal left, one for love.

Speaking of betrayals, anyone got an idea who the "mummer's dragon" is? I assume it is a person and not referring to the stage prop. I wonder if it is a reference to (SPOILER)Young Griff/Aegon?

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Speaking of betrayals, anyone got an idea who the "mummer's dragon" is? I assume it is a person and not referring to the stage prop. I wonder if it is a reference to (SPOILER)Young Griff/Aegon?
    It probably is, but it probably doesn't mean what people expect it to mean. (SPOILER)Varys began as a mummer and Young Griff could easily be considered "Varys' dragon" so the "mummer's dragon" doesn't have to mean that Young Griff isn't actually Aegon.

But this probably shouldn't go in this thread. Wasn't there another thread for discussing the books? We're way ahead of the series here.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

As long as you keep it in the spoiler tags I'm sure it's fine. Unless nosey nellies want to know desperately.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Definitely don't read unless you've read the books:

(SPOILER)A big thing going around is that Young Griff is not Aegon at all, and that the phrase mummer's dragon does indeed refer to a dragon dressed up to convince an audience during an elaborate show. Allegedly purple eyes and silver gold hair are Valyrian traits not solely attributable to Targaryens, as proprietors of whorehouses love to fill them with Valyrian women at a premium. However, Tyrion is always portrayed as one of the smartest guys around, so if he was convinced he was a Targaryen, I think he is, but not in a way we expect.

I think Aegon and a few other characters are going to get caught up in the likelihood that Lyanna and Ned both had children by Targaryens or Daynes, in Ned's case. The Daynes, at least Ashara, who committed suicide and Ned allegedly had a thing with, at least at Harrenhall, have blue/purple eyes and light hair. I know the big theory is that John Snow is Lyanna and Rhaegar's child, that Aegon Targaryen, but I think Martin's made it seem like that for so long without confirmation, we're all going to be blindisded by what the truth is and who all these kids really belong to.

Also, because Jon Arryn was not in fact killed by the Lannisters for discovering Joffrey's true lineage (Lysa planted that lie on Littlefinger's orders), I believe he was talking about a Stark/Targaryen/Dayne offspring that would overturn the succession in Westeros. "The seed is strong" probably refers to that, despite the dominant features of Targaryens, the Starks were able to override those genes in a child. The obvious choice would be Jon Snow, who has the classic Stark look, but is probably Rhaegar's son. But "seed" suggests the male's genes, so I think Jon may in fact be Ned's true son, something which Ned himself may not have known.

I don't know what the last betrayal would be. I'm also confused as to why Varys would support Danaerys while at the same time build up Aegon to be the ultimate king. Perhaps to marry the two in Targaryen fashion? Then maybe Daenarys' wedding will be the betrayal for love. Perhaps her sellsword betrayed her for love, as he refused to stay with her on the day of her wedding or such. But also remember that she's constantly asking herself if she has any of the betrayals right at all so far, and who's to know which ones she's already had, if any?

FFXIV Character

There's only one thing I would disagree with Bolivar and that's (SPOILER)Targaryen traits are most likely not dominant genetically. They are dominant in the sense that they stick out but not dominant genetically. Targaryans practised centuries of mostly incestual relationships which lead to normally submissive traits becoming most apparently in the family tree. Therefore, one has to concluded that more dominant traits (such as black hair and darker eyes) would more likely be apparent. So if there is a Targaryen bastard, chances are unless they are from within the family or with a House that share some genetic traits, they will probably resemble the other partner more. The easiest way to tell this would be if we had more information of what the children of the Baratheon and Targaryen unions looked like. Baratheon share the dark hair and eyes in common with House Stark. There's also the issue that most of Ned's and Cat's kids resemble Cat more than Ned, though Arya notably takes after her dead aunt. In light of that, it makes Jon's overtly Stark looks out of place, meaning that whoever the non-Stark parent is their traits are either close to the Starks (unlikely) or very different and most likely submissive traits.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Isn't is supposed to be dominant and recessive, not dominant and submissive? Your way sounds dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Isn't is supposed to be dominant and recessive, not dominant and submissive? Your way sounds dirty.
    But it's more fun that way!

I would agree with Sum. Lev. but the Targaryens, despite centuries of imbreeding, have been stated to not keep that line pure for some of their history in Westeros. Also, as I mentioned, the Daynes I believe had joined with Targaryens at different times and they had some of those traits. There is the question of Quentyn and House Martell, who believe they have Blood of the Dragon. I think they all have the copper skin and dark hair of the Dornishmen, which would give weight to your theory. Although many believe the reason (SPOILER)Quentyn was burned alive by the dragon was because his line does not in fact have Targaryen blood. Although I somehow remember Quentyn having purple eyes... I'm not sure, and it's a lot of what ifs but I still believe the (SPOILER)"The Seed is Strong" issue coming back to bite us in a way we never imagined.
    Last edited by Bolivar; 02-21-2012 at 08:28 PM.

FFXIV Character

Because my memory failed me. At a later time I did recall the proper term but I was already at work. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    But it's more fun that way!

I would agree with Sum. Lev. but the Targaryens, despite centuries of imbreeding, have been stated to not keep that line pure for some of their history in Westeros. Also, as I mentioned, the Daynes I believe had joined with Targaryens at different times and they had some of those traits. There is the question of Quentyn and House Martell, who believe they have Blood of the Dragon. I think they all have the copper skin and dark hair of the Dornishmen, which would give weight to your theory. Although many believe the reason (SPOILER)Quentyn was burned alive by the dragon was because his line does not in fact have Targaryen blood. Although I somehow remember Quentyn having purple eyes... I'm not sure, and it's a lot of what ifs but I still believe the (SPOILER)"The Seed is Strong" issue coming back to bite us in a way we never imagined.
    That's why I said mostly inbreeding. It is true that during their rule in Westeros that they married into Westerosi Houses, however the only Houses mentioned are Baratheon, Arryn, Hightower and Martell. The consort of some of the kings are not mentioned (oddly enough). Even if Young Griff is truly (SPOILER)Aegon VI then my theory is still valid. House Martell does have Targaryen blood in it, no ifs or buts. Maron Martell married Daenerys Targaryen (the first one) and built the Water Gardens to celebrate the union. So Quentyn does have Targaryen blood in him, from generations past. It also means that House Martell could still have vestiges of recessive Targaryen traits in the family, thus when Elia and Rhaegar had Aegon VI he showed Targaryen traits instead of Martell. Then again, maybe we're all really over thinking this thing.

Quentyn thinking he could tame a dragon because he has Targaryen blood in his is as foolish as the Targaryen kings who tried to hatch dragon eggs. We know what happened to them and they definitely were Targaryens. I think the people who think Quentyn doesn't have the Blood of the Dragon are rather on thin ice.

As for the Dayne and Targaryens, there's nothing I know of that indicated of any marriages but the Daynes did remain loyal to House Targaryen during Robert's Rebellion. *shrugs*

Though now that you mention it, maybe Jon Arryn's words will come to bite us in the ass. I mean Lysa misunderstood them. Ned thought they referred to Cersei's and Robert's offsprings, which it probably did given that Jon Arryn had discussed (or was going to) with Stannis Baratheon as well. But that doesn't mean he didn't stumble across some other useful information while looking at the family trees of the noble houses.