Page 2 of 528 FirstFirst 12345678122252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Note to the director/s: please please please do not change anything, the books are so venomous that it just makes the world seem so unachievable
    Anything they changed was written off with consent by Martin and was purely for the ease of book-to-television show goodness.

I rushed through the first book in time to see this show without feeling any guilt about not having read the book first. I slowed down on Clash of Kings since I have a bit more time to read it but it is equally good, if not better, than the first.

I can't wait for Winter.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Anything they changed was written off with consent by Martin and was purely for the ease of book-to-television show goodness.

I rushed through the first book in time to see this show without feeling any guilt about not having read the book first. I slowed down on Clash of Kings since I have a bit more time to read it but it is equally good, if not better, than the first.

I can't wait for Winter.
    Thats just about the best news I could have hoped for in this show and I again tilt my cap to George for coming up with such an awesome idea.

On a side note I actually started the book with Clash as it was a birthday present many many years ago and have to say I did love it, my favourite character is definitely Arya Stark, she is just awesome what's your guys favourite character?

Blog Entries

That sneak peak looks awesome I can't wait

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Arya is a fav. Tyrion is always a favorite, but he's prob. everyone's. Jamie Lannister has grown on me. Daenerys is growing on me. I'm curious to see where he takes Catelyn Stark. She could be a favorite.

Arya, Tyrion and Jon Snow are my favorite characters, though I'm only halfway through the second book and I expect that to change as he shoves main characters into early graves and introduces others. I like Jamie to a certain degree, but I haven't really seen much of his character outside of descriptions and rumors spread by others.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

My thoughts on Jamie.

(SPOILER)If you're up to date on all the books, I think you've seen both sides of Jamie represented fairly well. Now it's up to you to decide he's truly turned over a new leaf, or if he'll go back to his old ways.

If you haven't read all the books, then you'll see this other side. This might not be enough to need spoiler tags, but I don't like ruining things like this for people.

EDIT: I'd also like to change my statement of liking Arya, to liking Arya after the appearance of Needle. It just fit her perfectly.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tyrion is smurfing awesome; I can't imagine anyone not liking him. Aside from him I think my favorite character would have to be Jon Snow.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm so looking forwards to this show.

I am also highly amused by the repeated misspelling in this thread of the same name. It is not Jamie Lannister but Jaime Lannister

Blame it on typing fast.

And it wasn't really repeated, three times in 23 posts is kinda.. minor.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tyrion is my favorite character. I like Bran and Ned as well, I like Daenarys' chapters the best though.

ATTN: Girls

Go read Twilight.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Arya, Tyrion and Jon Snow are my favorite characters, though I'm only halfway through the second book and I expect that to change as he shoves main characters into early graves and introduces others.
    These were my favorites, too.

I haven't read the books in years, but I'll definitely be giving the show a try, especially because it's on HBO. I was not a huge fan of some of the books, but given all this work, it seems to have the potential to be a relatively good fantasy TV show (admittedly without a whole lot of real competition).

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ATTN: Girls

Go read Twilight.
    Lulz. I approve.

At least a third of the people I know who read that series are female. I wouldn't be surprised if the westeros.org board had a larger concentration of female posters than males.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

/thumbsup