Page 31 of 528 FirstFirst ... 112125262728293031323334353637415181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahahahaha Dany you silly woman what have you done

Also Theon you sad little sack of watery turds, you're about as competent and confident a leader as Steven Iceglow-Smif would be.

I, too, do not care for the character they introduced into Robb's drama filled war. It's too forced, silly, and the character is too dry and far removed from the books. I don't understand this move.

Another move I don't understand was the ending to this episode. It's too dramatic in comparison with the books and, while this is a television drama and that's the entire point, it seems too dull and stupid of a change to even bother with. It changes the dynamic of how the entire Qarth events unfold.

Theon is doing a marvelous job of showing just how utterly incompetent and stupid he is, so good on the actor for doing that. Joffrey continues to be an insufferable and Tyrion continues to be incredible. I wasn't bothered by the riot scene and it didn't feel that forced to me, the only real difference that I can tell was the removal of the horses from the books, which is understandable since that would be a hard scene to shoot. The Sansa scene was difficult to watch but good overall.

Overall, this was probably my least favorite episode of the season, possibly overall. Which is sad.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree. The scene with Sansa was really upsetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well they need to do something with Dany because she has to stay onscreen but obviously her dragon's are still babbies and not much use in a war. I don't know how fast they grow but I doubt they'll be ready to fight before like season 5 or something.

This show has changed so much form the books that i've literally no idea what's gonna happen next. I expected some changes but smurf me. Literaly whole plots have disappeared & been re-written. I guess this means no Reeds then. No Jeyne Westerling.

Also the sudden & unexplained disappearance of the Greatjon has been noted.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You can read about Talisa Maegyr here: Talisa Maegyr - Game of Thrones Wiki

It looks like the initial cast announcement mentioned that she had been cast as Jeyne. I'm not sure whether they decided to rework her character to make her more of a foreigner like Shae or if she is Jeyne Westerling in disguise for some reason. Who knows? It's interesting. I assume that George R. R. Martin works with the show closely enough to approve all of these little changes, as I'm sure he had small regrets with the direction his story goes as more of the books are released.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He has to approve of it since he writes an episode a season. That's not just an author going "yeah they've taken liberties, that's what happens with this stuff." No he's participating in the changes. So I have faith it'll all come together because of that.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yeah, exactly. I'm almost certain that there are little things that he would have wanted to go back and approach differently if given the chance, and maybe these changes with some of the female characters like Shae are examples of that.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    The Hound is a badman. That is all, you may proceed.
    No way, he's a darling!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    What did the note Arya was reading say?
    Nothing particularly interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Arya's story has been the most interesting this season. (SPOILER)I don't know if Tywin knows who Arya is. I suspect he does, but if so he's doing a good job hiding it. Obviously Littlefinger knows.
    I'm almost positive he doesn't. I do love their relationship though--that he clearly already likes Arya better than his own children.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    Yeah, what's up with that lady Robb is talking to? I don't see the point of her. She's not really doing anything... if her purpose is to show more of Robb's personality, they should have put her with someone who has one instead. HEYO!
    Robb isn't a POV character in the books, so, despite a lot of fans liking him, his storylines don't get much detail. They're simply adding more detail to a storyline that gets mostly skipped over in the books. Sidenote: The actress in question is Carlie Chaplin's granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I, too, do not care for the character they introduced into Robb's drama filled war. It's too forced, silly, and the character is too dry and far removed from the books. I don't understand this move.
    It's not far-removed from the books; the books just skip this part. I'm pretty sure minor spoilerJeyne is just using a fake name. Her character in the books is really undeveloped, so I don't mind them giving the romance a bit of screen time..

Theon is doing a marvelous job of showing just how utterly incompetent and stupid he is, so good on the actor for doing that.
    Agreed. Theon's storyline is probably my least favorite in the books, but the show and Alfie have made it very compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    You can read about Talisa Maegyr here: Talisa Maegyr - Game of Thrones Wiki

It looks like the initial cast announcement mentioned that she had been cast as Jeyne. I'm not sure whether they decided to rework her character to make her more of a foreigner like Shae or if she is Jeyne Westerling in disguise for some reason. Who knows? It's interesting. I assume that George R. R. Martin works with the show closely enough to approve all of these little changes, as I'm sure he had small regrets with the direction his story goes as more of the books are released.
    GRRM does work very closely with the show. He originally worked in TV, so he has a good understanding on what works in books versus on-screen. Who knows? Maybe this is Jeyne's actual backstory that we didn't get to see in the books. minor spoilerAfterall, her backstory in the books got, like, one sentence of explanation. Doesn't make for a very compelling romance.

P.S. Chills:

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    It's not far-removed from the books; the books just skip this part. I'm pretty sure minor spoilerJeyne is just using a fake name. Her character in the books is really undeveloped, so I don't mind them giving the romance a bit of screen time..
    What do you mean "the books just skip this part"? What would be the point of Jeyne even using a fake name? She's gone, I don't understand this particular speculation.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

book spoilerThe books skipped the building of Robb and Jeyne's relationship. It was basically just "Hey, Mom, meet my wife. She helped me get better when I was hurt, so I had sex with her." She's a catalyst for future events, but her character and their romance gets very little attention, which a lot of people were bummed about because Robb is a popular character. In the show, Robb is getting more attention so it makes sense that they'd give his love story more attention. The casting states that the actress was cast as Jeyne Westerling, and she's made it clear that she's trying to cover up the fact that she's a lady, so it seems likely that she's using a fake name. What's the point of her using a fake identity? I suppose we'll see.

Possible Book SpoilersBut the only reason the books skipped the development was because Robb Stark isn't a PoV character (which GRRM did on purpose) so it makes sense that they wouldn't discuss the beginning of their romance. Unless Robb was talking to Catelyn (the only person in his family that he has contact to after the first book) since they were in the middle of a war. If I recall correctly, there is a part in the book which makes the readers speculate that the reason they are together is because Jeyne got pregnant (I'm not so sure if it points to Robb as the father or if he's just being honorable about it).

I understand giving Robb's love story more attention, but it makes more sense to ditch Jeyne completely and create an entirely new character, with an entirely new back story, rather than build on a weakly established character with very little background whose only real connection to the overall story is the fact that she's from one of the older houses in Westeros. Not to mention Talisa gave her last name of Maegyr, which shares a commonality with a character in a later book from Voltanis. What's the point of using a fake name tied to such a far away place simply to hide the fact that you are a lady? But I guess we will see. Doesn't matter either way, just seems like one of the dumber pieces of speculation that I've heard about a character in the show, especially when there are easier ways to explain Talisa's appearance.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't get why you think it's a better idea to make a whole new love interest for Robb rather than just build on Jeyne, but whatever. Time will tell if this storyline gets better or not.

book spoilerRobb and Jeyne got married the day after they had sex, so they wouldn't know if she was pregnant. At some point Jeyne laments to Cat that she isn't pregnant, despite their vigorous efforts. Though we haven't heard from Jeyne for awhile, so it's still possible that she's got a little Stark in her.

I don't get why you think Jeyne is using a fake name to avoid Robb or any other character from figuring out her real identity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because the casting list lists her as "Jeyne Westerling" and the character so far has been avoiding talking about who she is.

I don't really care if it turns out to be a whole new character, just leaning towards it being Jeyne because of the above.