Page 387 of 528 FirstFirst ... 287337367377381382383384385386387388389390391392393397407437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Oh: did it bother anyone else that last week's episode seemed to imply that Jon was leaving the Wall, but this week he was packing?
    Jon is a drama queen
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Shaibana; 05-16-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Osha scene was far too simple. A character that we've seen a single glimpse of in the past few years thinks they're going to get a hand up on Ramsay? It was so obvious she wasn't going to make it out of that room alive.

Not really getting the Dany hate for the reasons that are being mentioned. I thought it was a pretty powerful scene, but it was lessened for me by the fact that it was literally a recycle of what they've already done - her burning down a structure, emerging unburnt, and the entire Dothraki horde bowing to her. It would have been nice to have something new.

I have a feeling that the High Sparrow is going to die and Lancel is going to emerge as the leader of the faith and get even smurfing crazier.

Was hoping to see more Tyrion + draegons but oh well

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Not really getting the Dany hate for the reasons that are being mentioned. I thought it was a pretty powerful scene, but it was lessened for me by the fact that it was literally a recycle of what they've already done - her burning down a structure, emerging unburnt, and the entire Dothraki horde bowing to her. It would have been nice to have something new.
    Oh I don't know, I rather liked the homage. It shows the cyclical nature of Dany's plot arc She had to go back to the Dothraki, where it all began for her, to reassert her power and dominance. Here's hoping she returns after Tyrion's ruined everything to restore order and start moving west.

On that note - was it possible for Mereen to get any worse? Tyrion's really going to smurf things up unless he has an ace up his sleeve.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Oh I don't know, I rather liked the homage. It shows the cyclical nature of Dany's plot arc She had to go back to the Dothraki, where it all began for her, to reassert her power and dominance. Here's hoping she returns after Tyrion's ruined everything to restore order and start moving west.

On that note - was it possible for Mereen to get any worse? Tyrion's really going to smurf things up unless he has an ace up his sleeve.
    The cyclical nature of Dany's plot is exactly why it's been so boring. ADWDish spoilersHer being in Meereen is only important in that 1) Tyrion comes into her council and 2) to get them ships, which should be coming with Euron after the Kingsmoot when he begins to make his way there. She didn't need all of the time and seasons spent there for this to happen, only to turn around and basically restart her storyline with bringing her newfound Dothraki people with her to Meereen.

It just feels like backtracking. I know that it's done in order for the plot to move forward, but that doesn't make it any more likable to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Because no one is reading my posts: I liked the burning and bowing parts. Her stupid speech beforehand is what I didn't like and what I found boring. Mostly because show-Dany is such an arrogant little trout, whenever she does stuff like this, I really just want someone to kill her already.

EDIT: Yeah, and last night's Dothraki stuff, while totally bad ass, basically made the Greyjoys pointless. Again. One of the showrunners really hates the Martells and Greyjoys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Sansa's become so bad ass.

And that Dany scene at the end... awwwwyiiiiiis.

Have to say I'm enjoying the pacing of this season so far, was really worried that Sansa heading to the wall and Jon leaving would result in another multi-season roundabout where key characters narrowly miss being in the same place at the same time. But no, she actually turned up while Jon was still there.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, they've finally got the pacing down. Instead of spending the whole season with the Dosh Khaleen, or Arya spending the entire season getting beat up, or Sansa taking the whole season to get to the Wall. People want results! Especially since we've been waiting for a goddamn Stark reunion since season one!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Holy trout just watched the promo for the next episode. The hype is real.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yeahhhhh the Stark reunion feels are real! So excited for them to go wreak some havoc on the Boltons.

Speaking of which, I'm curious about Littlefinger's motives for taking the Arryns up north. I know he's pretty weak in the knees for Sansa, but this seems a bit extreme if that's the only motive. Is he hoping to benefit from her ruling Winterfell or something? Does he just want to get Robin Arryn killed in the least efficient way possible?

Osha.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think he wants to marry her and rule Winterfell. The ultimate smurf you to Ned Stark. Marrying his daughter and controlling his house.

Blog Entries

oeehh Sansa confronting Littlefinger, exciting!

a little something for all the Olly haters
    Last edited by Shaibana; 05-17-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

LOSES HER CLOTHES BUT NOT HER HAIR BECAUSE LOL CAN'T HAVE HER NOT BE PRETTY I GUESS
    I'm not sure it would make sense if her skin was fireproof but her hair was not.

But boy was she super lucky there were massive vats of flaming oil to push over and also that the "great" warriors were too scared to jump over some fire to attack their aggressor and escape certain death. Geez.

The Littlefinger thing... I really wonder how that will all turn out. I mean, it's not like Sansa is going to jump back into his arms and Jon Snow and Brienne will more than certainly have words to say about how he, you know, gave Sansa to someone so she could be forced into marriage, raped and locked up. What the hell does he think will happen if he is to reunite? I am really struggling to figure out his great plan in all of this. I don't think he's after Sansa at this point, I think she is merely a pawn for him to bring the Vale into the war. I think Littlefinger wants the bigger, sharper throne down south.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    LOSES HER CLOTHES BUT NOT HER HAIR BECAUSE LOL CAN'T HAVE HER NOT BE PRETTY I GUESS
    I'm not sure it would make sense if her skin was fireproof but her hair was not.
    Yes and no, in the books she does actually lose her hair after stepping into Drogo's fire
    Last edited by Shaibana; 05-17-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Huh, strange. Isn't hair made up of the same stuff as the skin and nails? If anything I think the TV series got that part right and the books not so much. But then, well, magic gonna magic.

Also, lol @ this from GRR Martin...

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?

George_RR_Martin: Probably not.

I know he only says "probably" but it does show that he did not seem to intend on her being able to do that again, and can't offer the same excuse this time (unless there were dragon eggs around that I couldn't see).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!