Page 412 of 528 FirstFirst ... 312362392402406407408409410411412413414415416417418422432462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    You know, I think about all the people who a season ago gave Dany a hard time for not knowing what the hell she's doing in Meereen.

Along comes one of the smartest people in Westeros, and he makes things worse.
    Basically all he's done this season is make forced dick jokes, drink, and make things worse
    What happened, Tyrion!?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think it was inevitable to be honest. He did give them some time of peace by getting the harpys to stop but I think they knew She was gone and their time to strike was then. The Khals had mentioned the masters had said they would pay for her while she was with them so they knew she wasn't in Mereen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I think it was inevitable to be honest. He did give them some time of peace by getting the harpys to stop but I think they knew She was gone and their time to strike was then. The Khals had mentioned the masters had said they would pay for her while she was with them so they knew she wasn't in Mereen.
    Yeah, people really bag on Tyrion, but honestly he bought Mereen some time. Bear in mind the Sons of the Harpy were really putting pressure on the city and the city guard. He did what he could given the limited time and knowledge of Slaver's Bay politics.

I do think they skimped on his story somewhat, but that's a slightly different issue. I did enjoy the development of Grey Worm and Missandei as rather touching, showing them to enjoy life more and laugh, something they just about manage to do this episode. That isn't nothing, though I suppose in the grand scheme of things it is minor. Still, I like them both, so I was happy for them to get some humanisation.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do we know if Peter Dinklage has been working on other projects? Tyrion's barely been in the season. Granted, without Dany the Meereen storyline kind of grinds to a halt. But I know Emilia Clarke was filming a movie, so that could explain why SHE hasn't really been in the season much.

As much as I love PD, it's actually been really refreshing to not have every episode be The Tyrion Show Ft. Some Other Characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I did enjoy the development of Grey Worm and Missandei as rather touching, showing them to enjoy life more and laugh, something they just about manage to do this episode. That isn't nothing, though I suppose in the grand scheme of things it is minor. Still, I like them both, so I was happy for them to get some humanisation.
    "I make joke."

I also laughed at Missandei's joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    BIG SPOILERS FROM UPCOMING EPISODE, EPISODE 9, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW AS IT HASN'T AIRED YET

This is from an extra on set and was posted online months before the season aired.
    So the armies meet outside Winterfell, Boltons outnumber the Stark side 6 to 1. So Jon Snow is on his horse and strolls down to the front of the army, where he stands with Tormund. At this point, Ramsey has Rickon Stark, and says "Run... or don't run at all!" So Rickon Stark runs down the hill towards Jon Snows army, Ramsey takes his bow and begins to take shots at Rickon while he flees, Jon realises and gallops to save him, just before he reaches him, Ramsey hits Rickon, (not confirmed if he died or not). Davos on his horse tells the Stark army to follow their commander, the Stark army charges, wildlings go crazy and follow Tormund and Wun Wun into battle, calvary charge. Ramsey sends his calvary in to meet the Stark army, whilst his archers fire down on Jon, a massive calvary clash occurs and arrows from the Boltons kill both sides of their calvary and infantry. From the dead bodies, a huge wall is created, blocking the route to the Boltons directly, Davos tells his archers to aim and pauses, then tells them to halt as they'd hit their own men, so they charge into battle too. Once all the starks are in the mix, Great Jon(Small Jon) asks the Boltons "who owns the north? Who owns the north? Show me!" The rest of the Bolton army charge into the depleted Stark army by surrounding them with tall Shields and pikes, the Stark army in shock, look around not aware of what's going on, Shields form and completely encircle the Stark army, pikes lower and the Boltons advance, basically like a circle getting smaller and smaller, slaughtering any Stark solider through the forest of pikes, forcing every soilder to squeeze so tight they can barely lift arms, the exhausted and hopeless Stark force cram towards the dead body pile as their only escape if they climb, many attempt it only to get hacked down by Bolton soldiers on top of the pile, they charge down the pile to slaughter the remaining force. At some stage Great/Small Jon walks down the pile and has a boss battle with Tormund, of course Tormund wins. And Wun Wun does his bit of trying to break the wall. Jon, Davos and Tormund tell their men to push back and not cram into eachother, I'm guessing it gets dramatic at this point, it got pretty emotional just acting this part, a noise in the distance brings Jon to look over his shoulder, the Knights of the Vale arrive, Sansa and Peter tell the calvary army to charge into the rears of the pike circle, eventually destroying the Boltons and saving what was left of the Stark force. In shock, Ramsey flees to Winterfell without an army, the Boltons of the keep close the doors to hear a loud smash, wun wun breaks open the doors when the last of the Stark army arrive to Winterfell, an archer fight happens in the keeps court, Jon walks in and looks at wun wun with a smile, only to see an arrow cut through his eye and killing him, Jon turns around to meet Ramsey and blocks his arrows with a Bolton shield, eventually meeting him and beating him to death. The starks have taken the north, Ramsey is dead, and Sansa and Jon are reunited.

HOWEVER - I have heard conflicting news that Ramsay is not killed by Jon and Jon takes him prisoner instead, and also more news that Wun Wun doesn't die. So make of that what you will. Still, lots of details that weren't available before the season was out so...
    Yeah, that's the one. I think this is pretty believable, given how the season has developed and that this was posted months ago.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I really appreciate the scenes such as that joke one. It's one of the main reasons I dislike that they are now seemingly fast forwarding the plot. I feel like there is a lot of room for more than 13 episodes if they just make use of the more subtle character scenes rather than 100% Move Plot Forward.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think that the problem is that they don't have enough material. They just want to end the show so it doesn't go on for smurfing ever. Also, they were at least kind of trying to let GRRM put out new material, but he hasn't.

Honestly, the show needs to start wrapping up. Eight seasons is more than enough. And people keep saying "13" episodes when it's still "15" as of today. We don't know what's going to happen in the last two episodes of this seasons and how that's going to affect the plot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Eight seasons does sound like a lot until you consoder that due to the low number of episodes per season, it's still a really low amount compared to many successful series out there. Considerably less than the likes of Lost, which went on one season too long. There's a lot more happening in this show than there is in Lost, at least in my opinion. I think it'll probably become more understanding as they wind things down and a climax actually looks like it is in sight. There are just a *lot* of things I still want to see happen in GoT and I don't know that they could give them all enough time to put them all in. I get that feeling that we're about half of the way through a story at the moment. Mostly because omg Dany get to Westeros already. Or at least out of the bay.

I can't think of the last series that would go far into a sixth season with over double the ratings they had for the first season. This show is such a huge success and I just don't ever watch a show and think "Man, this show is getting meh". I'll probably be kinda sad when it ends.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh trout

I just rememberedthanks to that gif the vision dany had

and she saw the throne room all in ashes and at the time i was like omg wtf that wont happen besides like if SHE did it.

She isn't going to do it.

Cersei will.

I like this idea. I'm going with the crazy cersei burning things down.
    Last edited by Freya; 06-17-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

BoB, have you considered the possibility that Dany doesn't end up in Westeros and her end game is something completely different?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Eight seasons does sound like a lot until you consoder that due to the low number of episodes per season, it's still a really low amount compared to many successful series out there. Considerably less than the likes of Lost, which went on one season too long. There's a lot more happening in this show than there is in Lost, at least in my opinion. I think it'll probably become more understanding as they wind things down and a climax actually looks like it is in sight. There are just a *lot* of things I still want to see happen in GoT and I don't know that they could give them all enough time to put them all in. I get that feeling that we're about half of the way through a story at the moment. Mostly because omg Dany get to Westeros already. Or at least out of the bay.

I can't think of the last series that would go far into a sixth season with over double the ratings they had for the first season. This show is such a huge success and I just don't ever watch a show and think "Man, this show is getting meh". I'll probably be kinda sad when it ends.

They are also already talking about a spin off but that wont happen until the show it over. I believe they are at this point talking about doing the Duncan and Egg stories.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    BoB, have you considered the possibility that Dany doesn't end up in Westeros and her end game is something completely different?
    But how else will I see dragons vs white walkers

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Maybe Cersei will burn down Kings Landing, but maybe she'll have a good reason too. The white walkers could break through the wall next Sunday and rampage through Westeros before Dany ever gets there. Maybe the bittersweet ending is that Dany gets her throne, but all the people are dead and she has no one left to rule.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Only if the White Walkers have the same jet packs Littlefinger does. xD