Page 438 of 528 FirstFirst ... 338388418428432433434435436437438439440441442443444448458488 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Ed is great. Also as much as I love Ed Sheeran, I too thought you meant Eddison at first. Who I also love.

People hate Ed Sheeran because he's a big shot pop star but he actually earned his way there with, you know, talent and hard work. People hate him because tall poppy syndrome.
    also he has a weird face
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't like Ed Sheeran because his last few songs have been utter troute. Pandering to the tween girls nonsense and it's ALWAYS on the radio.

His older songs, like A Team are phenomenal though and I don't discredit him from that. I don't deny he works hard or has talent, but Shape of You was awful awful awful and he needs to pay for that travesty.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't like or dislike Ed Sheeran. I've never enjoyed pop music so I've never consciously listened to one of his songs and don't intend for that to change. Unlike Del I know who he is, though! I'm perfectly fine with them giving him or anyone else famous a cameo. I just hope that in the future they don't do it in such a stupid way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's a good singer and a good songwriter. The fact he is the main thing we're all talking about proves that his appearance was too prominent. It should have been more subtle like Coldplay's drummer at the red wedding.

I mean, what will we have next? Rihanna cutting dudes down with the Sand Snakes? Justin Beiber training to be a maester? Kim Kardashian whoring it up in one of Littlefinger's brothels? No. Go away.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my new car forces me to listen to the radio, so i discovered a couple of his songs. i dont like them, i thought he was a different kind if musician.

i dont hate him tho.. im 'meh' about m

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm gonna come out and say it, cause no one else has. I think that episode was lame. Don't give a smurf about Eddy one way or another. Dany coming home and playing in her sandbox had no emotional attachment. It just happened. Bran coming back through the wall was a nothing moment. Maybe they expect us to not understand its significance, or something, but it was boring. Sammies scenes were meh, and its cool he found something to help Jon by breaking rules, but its too much set up not enough now. At least Jorah's arm told us what he's up to, although why he thought the maesters could heal his malady is anyone's guess.

I will say Euron has always been one of my favorite characters, and I enjoyed his little bit.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I love Shape of You. But then I don't listen to radio stations so I don't have to suffer overplaying. I always find it weird when I remember people listen to radios. Who does that? Car drivers, I suppose... rich bastards with their fancy vehicles.

The fact we're talking about him at all is because he got brought up and we have differing opinions on the matter. If nobody got salty about it then nobody would be talking about it beyond a mention. As for Coldplay's drummer - the fact that you say "Coldplay's drummer" says it all. What's his name? He's not famous. Of course nobody paid attention. I actually didn't even know that was a thing. I thought "Oh it's Ed" for about 10 seconds and then they moved on, everyone else should probably have done so, too, but again - tall poppy syndrome. People don't like Ed because he's a famous singer who knows Taylor Swift and sings pop songs and trout. It's no secret. They could have had Rob Zombie or Alice Cooper in there and nobody would have given two trouts, because they're not pop singers. Salty people gonna throw salt, haters gonna hate, etc.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think it only irks me in so far of that sense of entitlement. He's famous, of course he's going to cameo in a blockbuster television show. I'd rather a cameo spot be given to a regular superfan who's been loyal to the show/books since the very beginning, or something like that. I would've liked it have gone to someone in which this moment would've absolutely wrecked their world, as opposed to someone in which this is 'pretty cool, I can fit this in between Hollywood parties' or whatever famous singers do.

To be fair, for all I know Ed Sheeran could be a massive GoT superfan, so my point may be weakened. Still though, I'd rather it go to the GoT superfan who works two jobs.

It's divisive, no matter where you stand on it. And I think it's a good point that such discussion nearly overshadows the actual episode, which isn't a good look.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    The fact we're talking about him at all is because he got brought up and we have differing opinions on the matter. If nobody got salty about it then nobody would be talking about it beyond a mention. As for Coldplay's drummer - the fact that you say "Coldplay's drummer" says it all. What's his name? He's not famous. Of course nobody paid attention. I actually didn't even know that was a thing. I thought "Oh it's Ed" for about 10 seconds and then they moved on, everyone else should probably have done so, too, but again - tall poppy syndrome. People don't like Ed because he's a famous singer who knows Taylor Swift and sings pop songs and trout. It's no secret. They could have had Rob Zombie or Alice Cooper in there and nobody would have given two trouts, because they're not pop singers. Salty people gonna throw salt, haters gonna hate, etc.
    It was just too in your face. If you're a superstar in the real world then they should do more to stick him in the background. I think about Daniel Craig's appearance in The Force Awakens. They knew that having James Bond on screen would be too jarring. Everyone would be like "James Bond has no place in the Star Wars Universe" as it ruins the illusion. So they stick him in a storm troopers outfit and there is no way you could tell it was him unless someone told you.

Ed Sheeran is sat there bold as brass singing away and it completely ruins the immersion. You are reminded that this all just a production instead of being transported to this incredible world.

I don't think I explained that very well but I hope you know what I'm getting at.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I just think you're all whiny babies. You can suspend disbelief that there's dragons and ice zombies but oh no, ed sheeran.

Wah

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just don't like his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/...-a3589541.html

So looks like he was cast mostly as a gift to Maisie Williams, which is kinda cool.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I just think you're all whiny babies. You can suspend disbelief that there's dragons and ice zombies but oh no, ed sheeran.

Wah

I get it but I also disagree. There being dragons and ice zombies is immersive because it's Game of Thrones. If it was an Ed Sheeran documentary, then dragons would be incredibly immersion-breaking.

What breaks immersion is that it's Ed Sheeran, real-life singer. It just pops out. Weirdly, I feel like I wouldn't mind if Ed Sheeran had been playing 'Lannister Soldier' over a season or two I wouldn't mind nearly as much. It's more the nature of the cameo that breaks immersion for me.

I'd react the same if Lady Gaga had a visual cameo role. Obviously there's people who just dislike Ed Sheeran, but I think it's unfair to say that everyone who disliked the scene disliked it purely because it was Ed Sheeran.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree. Just like it was really weird seeing Boromir in the first season.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I agree. Just like it was really weird seeing Boromir in the first season.
    I think people are willing to suspend disbelief when it's professional actors. But Ed Sheeran isn't a professional actor, so it's more jarring to see him in a show than seeing Sean Bean not be Boromir.

I think. To be honest both sides of this discussion have a point.