Page 443 of 528 FirstFirst ... 343393423433437438439440441442443444445446447448449453463493 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    the sea next to Eastwatch by the Sea is frozen. so the Nightking could (in theorie) just walk around the magic wall right into the Seven Kingdoms :O
    Crazy, I never thought of that. I'm guessing the Wildlings could have done that multiple times too IF they had wanted to come back south since Eastwatch was very sparsely manned.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    the sea next to Eastwatch by the Sea is frozen. so the Nightking could (in theorie) just walk around the magic wall right into the Seven Kingdoms :O
    Crazy, I never thought of that. I'm guessing the Wildlings could have done that multiple times too IF they had wanted to come back south since Eastwatch was very sparsely manned.
    no, because they went through the wall Before winter came, and before the sea froze over there

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Plus you know you have an ice guy who does ice things like making snow blizzard storms!

no, because they went through the wall Before winter came, and before the sea froze over there
    So in all those years before they ventured through the Wall on Jon Snow's watch, they couldn't have snuck from North of the wall where they were at and swam around the wall or waded across to South of the Wall? That is, if they wanted to. I know that's a lot of movement and would gather a great deal of attention if they were moving hundreds of thousands of bodies past a tight area, but I'm guessing if a few gung-ho wildlings wanted to make a break for South of the Wall, they could have squeezed pas that end if no one from Eastwatch caught them in their sights.
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They did go around often. Eastwatch is one of the manned castles on the wall. It's where everyone goes. It's where Jon took all the people from hardhome. The show did this weird though because then all the wildlings were at castle black needing to come through? Didn't make sense but whatever. It's where stannis landed his troops. It's where Sam got on a boat to head down south.

They man it and have their own boats where they try to keep wildlings out.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I dunno if White Walkers can get around there. It's magicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    They did go around often. Eastwatch is one of the manned castles on the wall. It's where everyone goes. It's where Jon took all the people from hardhome. The show did this weird though because then all the wildlings were at castle black needing to come through? Didn't make sense but whatever. It's where stannis landed his troops. It's where Sam got on a boat to head down south.

They man it and have their own boats where they try to keep wildlings out.
    So in essence that'd be almost one of the hardest parts to sneak South stealthily. I'm guessing when the White Walkers and Night King go for round 2 though, that they won't really care about being discrete and walking on tip-toes to wreck their havoc.
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah there's still magic and whatnot involved. They have to get rid of the wall's magic before they can move south. BUT THERE ARE WAYS TO DO THIS baum baum baauummmm

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Honestly, I think Bran going to the other side of the Wall is what's going to smurf it up. Being touched by the Night King is what allowed them into the tree, and I think having him on the other side is going to weaken the magic barrier.

That, or it'll just fall down. God, I REALLY HOPE THIS HAPPENS. It'd be so goddamn cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Yeah I really want the wall to fall, almost as much as I want Arya to die. >.>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Re: Nymeria

I just feel like given how they have stated many times that they find it really hard to do the direwolf scenes that if they did one with Nymeria, they would have to have a good reason to do it. I don't think that what we've seen is enough of a reason, unless it's supposed to change Arya's mind about which way she travels or something. But the scene on it's own doesn't strike me as a reason for them to put the wolf in, it adds nothing of note on it's own other than looking pretty. Which GoT doesn't really do very often, if at all. They simply don't have the time left in the series, do they? Not bothered either way but I feel like we will see a little more Nymeria, even if it it's "oh we killed another wolf" because they love to do that.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Hey if you've ever liked Game of Thrones so much that you wanted to name one of your children after a character

please don't choose Dick-on.

A random theory: As some others have noted, could there be a mole inside Dany's camp? That attack by Euron seemed too perfect for it not to have been coordinated by someone with knowledge of Yara's plan to sail to Dorne.

Likewise, is it mere coincidence that Dany had just spent part of the episode questioning the loyalty of her advisors, chiefly Varys?

Obviously, things need to move quickly with so few episodes left but I'm wondering if the seeds of discontentment are being planted here. Only real flaw is that the two most likely candidates for being moles, Varys (displeasure of how Dany is turning into a "Mad Queen") and Olenna (Tyrells historical dislike of the Dornish) would almost certainly NOT want to help Cersei in any way.

Time shall tell.

Take care all.

Who's your favorite character: Jaime, with Tyrion coming in at a close second. This is the case in both books/television show. I can just see Cersei being overtaken by Dany and asking Qyburn to burn them all. Flashbacks of the Mad King; Jaime slits her throat.
    Who would you like to see on the Iron Throne at the end: I'd think Jon or Jaime, but neither has any interest in being king, methinks. Tyrion is probably next.
    Who do you think will be on the Iron Throne at the end: Dany, unfortunately.
    Who would you bring back to life: I loved Ser Barristan. That scene in the book where you find out Arstan Whitebeard was actually Selmy blew my mind. Really liked Oberyn as well.
    Who do you think should have died a LONG time ago: I know we just met Euron, but I don't really see his purpose beyond being able to bring ships to Cersei. I would say Theon, but I'm sure G.R.R.M has some greater purpose for him.

Re: The Captain - I think every character currently with Dany has enough reason to hate Cersei not to turn on her, except Varys. I don't think he, or anyone else, is a mole, though. I'm pretty sure Euron uses some red-priestess-esque black mojo.

Side note: I always thought Varys Targaryan had a nice ring to it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-27-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    unless it's supposed to change Arya's mind about which way she travels or something.
    I thought that's exactly what it was?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum