Page 449 of 528 FirstFirst ... 349399429439443444445446447448449450451452453454455459469499 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I also pondered the divorce thing. Here's another similar thought: Bolton legitimised Ramsey Snow into Ramsey Bolton. If, upon the death of the Mad King, Rhaegar was alive (I'm not sure on this part), I'm pretty sure he has 100% right to say smurf you to the wife he doesn't want and legitimise Jon before he is even born. In fact he has every right to do whatever the smurf he wants because he's King (well, that's debateable but if you go by the "Dragons rule 4eva" thing then they'd go with him being king), including voiding his previous marriage. Seems to me that it's the father's choice, based on the Bolton thing.

EDIT: Never mind just read that Rhaegar was killed prior to the Mad King's death, but still, theory of father-can-legitimise-whatever still kicks in, and perhaps mother too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    I really would be interested to see if the final season or two for the show ends up being like the Return Of The King's Oscar victories, where the final chapter saw it be rewarded for everything. Dinklage is rightly praised as being wonderful, but I have to believe others will get some rewards for a job well done.
    How cruel that would be to those who acted fantastically in earlier seasons but then got killed off.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

On that subject, who do y'all reckon has been the best actor in the show? I'm going with Alfie Allen. Cocky smug Theon in S1, confused and lost Theon in S2 and then Reek, the Reek-demption and the Reek-turn. He can convey complex emotions with just one look. I don't think Theon is anybody's favourite character by any means, but I'll be damned if he isn't acted to perfection.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't know every actor's name so I'm going to just use character names.

Ned. <3 Such a pro.

For those who have the handicap of not being Sean Bean, I'd say the obvious ones that get better acting opportunities, such as Cersei, Ramsey and Joffrey. Oletta is fun. Varys, too. Tyrion. Hmm. Theon, yeah, you're right on him.

You know what, I'm gonna go with Joffrey. Ramsey may have given me the creeps, but Joffrey I felt had the sadist boy king done to perfection.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

>oletta
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm not sure who I'd say is the best actor. It's hard to separate who I like because they're just phenomenal, or who I like because I like the character. And there's just a wealth of talent on the show.

If pressed, I'd probably say Iwan Rheon. He was able to be sadistic and genuinely scary, but also made me love him and not want Ramsay to die. And I think that's measure of skill: turning a character you should absolutely hate into one you absolutely love, despite being completely reprehensible.

Honorable mentions go to Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Jack Gleeson, and Maisie Williams.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm going to also go with Alfie Allen. Theon's character has been so all over the place with his arch and Allen has done such. a. good. job.

He sold him being a cocky jerk.

He sold him trying to be a cocky jerk but failing

He really sold him being a tortured sad burrito.

And he's selling him trying to be that person he once was but still super hollow from the whole torture thing.

I also really enjoy Gwendoline Christie's portrayal of Brienne

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    The dialogue between Sansa and Bran made me roll my eyes.
    "I thought you were the three eyed raven?"
    "I told you it'd be difficult to explain"

Err, is it that hard to say "The old one died and now I'm the new one". Definitely one of the worst bits of dialogue on the show.
    I dunno, I think it kinda nicely builds Bran's character. That character being a boring, unappealing and now, to top it all off, holier-than-thou jerk. I don't think he said that cause it's actually difficult to explain... he just wants to be the special mystical snowflake.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

At first I was unsure of why Dany would name a dragon after the brother that was abusive towards her, then I saw this excerpt from Clash of Kings:

"I would name them all for those the gods have taken. The green one shall be Rhaegal, for my valiant brother who died on the green banks of the Trident. The cream-and-gold I call Viserion. Viserys was cruel and weak and frightened, yet he was my brother still. His dragon will do what he could not."
    And a bit from a nice quora thread

Her brother was dead and his memories were all that remained. He could not hurt her anymore. Instead of keeping grudges and withholding evil notions about him, Viserion was her peace with her brother. A way of saying goodbye. A way of upholding his legacy, whatever was left of it anyways. One of awakening the dragon within. Literally.
    I'd also like to think that even in a small way, it's a homage to the version of her brother she knew when they were younger. The boy that looked after her. Her last known relative in the world.

It is indeed tough to pick out the "best" actor involved in the show. Obviously Dinklage just IS Tyrion at this point and they don't call her DAME Diana Rigg for nothing, but I give major props to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: (NSFW, little bit of nudity)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5oRxgphRc

Considering the series opened with Jamie literally throwing a kid out the window, somehow I am still rooting for him to keep his soul and that's says it. This scene specifically is just magnificently acted as all of his sins are laid bare once and for all.

I'd also give a special shoutout to Charles Dance and Pedro Pascal, both gave wonderfully layered performances as well.

Also, despite what some believe, I think all of the children actors (All of whom aren't kids anymore) have really settled into their roles very well indeed.

Take care all.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just read episode 3 was the last appearance of Ellaria Sand. I suppose it makes sense, but i'm still shocked. I guess I was expecting to see Tyene's death and some kind of struggle to escape, even if it came to no avail.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/0...-game-thrones/

[Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] called me, but I kind of knew already. Obviously there’s lots of trimming going on. It’s all coming to a head and you have to get rid of less important characters that the audience hasn’t had the chance to invest in as much. So I was expecting it. I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, “As long as I die on screen…” and they were like “Yeah!” But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Honestly, that shot of Ellaria and Tyene struggling to reach each other for the smallest amount of comfort is enough, I think. I don't need to see either of them die. That image was a lot more powerful than an on-screen death.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Honestly, that shot of Ellaria and Tyene struggling to reach each other for the smallest amount of comfort is enough, I think. I don't need to see either of them die. That image was a lot more powerful than an on-screen death.
    Yeah, I agree. I was not expecting to see either one again. Cersei's speech and their desperate attempts seemed really final to me.

Since this show loves echoes, foreshadowing and callbacks so much, who wants to bet that if any of Dany's dragons do die, it will be Viserion due to some sort of heavy head injury? A golden crown for a golden dragon.

I'm still not really buying a giant crossbow as the weapon to beat them.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All the dragons will succumb to an evolved form of greyscale.

Calling it now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Giant crossbow will almost certainly kill one of the dragons. But probably just one. I wouldn't be shocked if while mining for dragonglass they stumble across additional dragon eggs to replace any dead dragons though so who knows. Although you do have to wonder if having that many dragons is a good thing for Westeros. Who controls them all? But yeah.