Page 479 of 528 FirstFirst ... 379429459469473474475476477478479480481482483484485489499 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This season is missing about three episodes worth of filler... and is all the poorer for it.

How the hell did somebody freeze to death when there are two c***s that have flaming swords?

Also, regardless of where the chains came from, who the smurf wrapped them round the dragons neck? We've just seen hundreds of the dead sink like f***ing stones. Oh, it's ok... we just had to wait for the f***ing scuba zombies to arrive.

I'm looking forward to Peter Jackson's special extended version of season 7 when it comes out on blu-ray.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    How the hell did somebody freeze to death when there are two c***s that have flaming swords?
    You know he's the drunk priestly dude who was mauled by the undead bear right? I'd imagine it's hard to stay warm with half your blood.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    You know he's the drunk priestly dude who was mauled by the undead bear right? I'd imagine it's hard to stay warm with half your blood.
    You'd have those two bad boys running full flame if you were in the middle of a frozen lake, north of the wall, at night.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The scuba zombies were slow to arrive because they were hauling all that scuba gear. And chains.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This could be way off but I also think Arya is playing the long con on Little Finger. I think she's smart enough to know he's watching her, and they're both using Sansa as bait for the other person.

I imagine Arya will end up wearing his face sooner or later. If nothing else, I'm really excited about the idea of Aiden Gillen playing Arya playing Little Finger.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She knows if she spooks sansa, she'll tell littlefinger. Then littlefinger thinks he's winning that manipulation. But the fact that she handed sansa the dagger I think was a signal that she's actually not after sansa and is wondering if sansa will pick up on it.

Littlefinger is either dying in the finally or getting some type of comeuppance. Maybe ousted to the Lords of the North

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Littlefinger dying in the north would be an incredibly dumb conclusion to his arc. That's not to say it won't happen in the finale of course, but it'll be bad if they do.

Once they ran out of book they seem to have not had any ideas on what to do with him and just had him hang around at Winterfell for no apparent reason. It's in stark (ho ho ho) contrast to what they did with the character in previous seasons and where they were going with him. Chaos is a ladder, counting the swords in the Iron Throne, it's all building towards him either sitting on or attempting to sit on the Iron Throne, and that's where it should end. I personally like the idea of him finally getting what he wants, the Iron Throne is now his and he's about to sit on it when either dragons or White Walkers storm in and murder him. All of his obsession with the Game of Thrones in direct ignorance of the true threats has severely weakened the realm's ability to withstand them, and it would be absolutely delicious if he had to pay the price for that right as he thought he'd won.

I think that's one for the books though.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wanna know how they travel so fast?

they have cars in westeros!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

you know what the truck looks like

like a rock

oooh, like a rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just watched the episode. I agree with what's been said about Arya: either she must be playing a long game, testing Sansa's loyalty/aptitude, or her character has just gone off the rails. It's quite disturbing after watching those heartwarming scenes earlier in the season where she decides to go to Winterfell, only for her to now seemingly turn ice cold. I'm predicting a long game, and I'd be disappointed if it turns out to be completely straight.

The logic puzzles required to make sense of the teleporting is just completely broken now. But moreover, I feel like events are happening in such a standardised way that makes it feel as if the series is just going through the motions, going from plot point to plot point. There's not much opportunity to let moments sink in, or spend time with characters. "Night King needs a dragon", well let's just get Dany to fly over the wall. "We need a pitched battle", well let's just get The Hound to be hurl his idiot ball at a wight. I'm not sure if I'm making perfect sense, but the quality of the storytelling has gone down compared to previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Sansa nearly dies, Lady Stoneheart shows up and yells, "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH"
    Oh, it's ok... we just had to wait for the f***ing scuba zombies to arrive.
    These had me in trouting stitches!

This episode made ZERO sense. Nay, negative sense. -50 sense. The more you think about it, the less sense it makes.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Littlefinger dying in the north would be an incredibly dumb conclusion to his arc. That's not to say it won't happen in the finale of course, but it'll be bad if they do.

Once they ran out of book they seem to have not had any ideas on what to do with him and just had him hang around at Winterfell for no apparent reason. It's in stark (ho ho ho) contrast to what they did with the character in previous seasons and where they were going with him. Chaos is a ladder, counting the swords in the Iron Throne, it's all building towards him either sitting on or attempting to sit on the Iron Throne, and that's where it should end. I personally like the idea of him finally getting what he wants, the Iron Throne is now his and he's about to sit on it when either dragons or White Walkers storm in and murder him. All of his obsession with the Game of Thrones in direct ignorance of the true threats has severely weakened the realm's ability to withstand them, and it would be absolutely delicious if he had to pay the price for that right as he thought he'd won.

I think that's one for the books though.
    I completely agree with this.

If he is out-played by Arya at this point I'll be really disappointed, but his arc has had such a fall from grace since he went to Winterfell tbh... There is just NO WAY that the Littlefinger we've seen in previous seasons would be long conned by someone like Arya. I like Arya a lot, and I want to see Littlefinger dead but that would be a complete disservice to his character.

Agreed. What happened to the man who came from essentially nothing to rise to be basically in charge of the Vale?

Watching characters this season gives me just one reaction:

https://youtu.be/ilcRS5eUpwk

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ugh can like

tibet or someone leak the finale already pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.