Page 497 of 528 FirstFirst ... 397447477487491492493494495496497498499500501502503507517 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

I really think that once again, the underrated MVP of this series remains Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. His reactions, first at Bran during the trial and then during the entire knighting sequence were just second to none and he always carries an added weight with him, where you can feel the history of his character with him at all times.

There's NO way he dies yet. Same thing with The Hound. Both still have unfinished business with their families.

Other than Jon, Dany and Sansa though? It's all up for grabs. My real question is, does everything with The Night King get resolved by the end of the next episode? And the last 3 are about figuring out Cersei? That would be very interesting after all this build-up.

Now all the chess pieces are in place, let's see where they end up.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love NCW, but I wouldn't say he's in any way underrated when all over the internet he's the most praised actor from the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

That's not the same internet I've seen which always seems to say it's Dinklage, and to be fair, the two of them along with Lena Headey make for by far the most interesting trio on the show. Still, how has he NOT won an Emmy yet? That bathtub scene several years ago alone deserved it. The only other scene I've seen in recent years that was so obvious in its overwhelming brilliance was the scene in the first season of Better Call Saul where Mike finally tells his backstory.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

All I see people say is how kind of bland Dinklage actually is (disagree), and that is accent is horrible (hard agree).

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    All I see people say is how kind of bland Dinklage actually is (disagree), and that is accent is horrible (hard agree).
    I'd still give worst accent (in terms of consistency at least) to Littlefinger.

One other question, can Wights be created if they don't have heads? Kinda, sorta thinking that might come into play if the certain characters are brought back in the Winterfell Crypts.

Take care all.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Alfie Allen. Dude sells theon. He has done an amazing job with him and no one ever mentions him
    He's always overlooked but he has played the role so fabulously.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed, Alfie Allen has done an amazing job with Theon. I'm not convinced about a potential romance with Sansa though. They grew up together and while not related by blood, still shared a brother/sister style relationship, I feel. Not that it matters in GoT, I suppose! But Theon also betrayed Robb, beheaded Rodrik Cassel (at least it was clean though ), burnt a couple of local farm boys. Oh, and he also watched Sansa get raped and beaten.

Even if it was a possibility, he's about to die horribly protecting Bran... and as much as he's tried to earn redemption, he's committed far too many atrocities to deserve to live.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Even if it was a possibility, he's about to die horribly protecting Bran... and as much as he's tried to earn redemption, he's committed far too many atrocities to deserve to live.
    I actually completely disagree with you on this. I hate the idea someone can only achieve redemption through death.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually completely disagree with you on this. I hate the idea someone can only achieve redemption through death.
    I never said he would earn redemption through death. My point is, no matter what he does from now he can't be forgiven. My only hope now for Theon is that he does as much good as possible before he deservedly dies.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I never said he would earn redemption through death. My point is, no matter what he does from now he can't be forgiven. My only hope now for Theon is that he does as much good as possible before he deservedly dies.
    He's suffered more than any other singular character in the entire show. And Ramsay came into his life as a result of his actions. And has shown genuine repentance and has devoted his life to doing good. He has and can be forgiven.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's suffered more than any other singular character in the entire show. And Ramsay came into his life as a result of his actions. And has shown genuine repentance and has devoted his life to doing good. He has and can be forgiven.
    I'm sorry, I don't buy the whole "He's suffered more than any other character blah blah blah..." If hadn't been tortured by Ramsey, who knows what more evil s*** he would have done. Also, from what point in his life has he devoted himself to doing good? Was that before or after he left Yara to die at the hands of Euron?

I'm sure there are plenty of characters who can echo Jon and say "It's not my place to forgive you for all of it. But what I can, I do." Fair enough. But if you think he's done enough now to earn complete forgiveness for everything he has done then you have a very small memory.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He left Yara out of fear, not malice. And then he rescued her. He's a smurfed up individual with severe trauma.

I guess Jaime's completely beyond redemption as well. He attempted to murder Bran; his lack of success doesn't change the fact that he wanted to kill a child. He killed his cousin, who was little more than a boy. Attacked Ned in the street, with the intent to kill him.

Jon's evil; he betrayed the wildlings. Dany's killed innocents simply to wave her dick, and has allied herself with objectively evil people (Ellaria Sand, the Dothraki). Arya's a total psychopath. Yara had murdered and pillaged innocents, and those under her have raped them.

The line between good and bad in this show is really smurfing thin.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whether he left Yara out of fear or malice, he still left her to die. Hardly devoting his life to doing good.

The line between good and bad in this show is really smurfing thin.
    Yeah, I agree completely with this. It's what makes the characterization on this show so brilliantly rich. There are obvious levels to every character and their actions over eight series. We could argue about all the characters and whether they can be forgiven (though labelling Jon "evil" for betraying the wildlings is a stretch ). In this instance though we're talking about Theon. I don't think there is any way his actions can be completely forgiven. If you feel that he has made up for all his wrongdoings on the show then I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You're probably right that we won't agree.

RE: Jon betraying the wildlings

They sent their strongest warriors ahead to secure the Wall because they knew White Walkers were coming. They've been hunted by the Night's Watch for thousands of years. They probably would have won had Jon not betrayed them, which led to Stannis (granted, Jon had nothing to do with this) wiping out their army. A lot of innocent people who got left behind died because of those actions.

Jon eventually let them through the Wall and died for it, but let's not pretend that a ton of people didn't die because of his actions. The wildlings have done some troutty stuff, especially Tormund's (easily one of the biggest fan favorites) party, but they did it for a really good reason: they were terrified, and they knew the WW were coming, and a had already been attacked by them.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i dont know why but for some reason i dont really feel like discussing or speculating about GoT.
    Maybe its because we are at the final season and i just want to let it all happen without further questions.