Page 504 of 528 FirstFirst ... 4404454484494498499500501502503504505506507508509510514524 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, can we acknowledge how terrible a master Jon is towards Ghost? He literally doesn't give a trout about him anymore. Now he's upgraded with Rhaegal it's like the poor pup doesn't exist to him. Yet there he was, leading the cavalry charge alongside Jorah like a GOOD BOY.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aulayna, because I'm a horrible pedant: The wights did a lot, the white walkers did little.

Slothy: Yeah, but that's still a one-on-one fight. I said a battlefield, that means you're up against multiple targets who are all attacking simultaneously. I'm not saying she wasn't capable but it was literally the first time we'd seen this happen, at least as far as I can remember.

Re: Prophecies, I completely agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    Having said that, if you make a big deal about a prophecy and then it just doesn't happen, without any clear reason why, it doesn't feel like a clever red herring, it just feels lazy.
    Bubba: Completely agree regarding Ghost, and it's more to do with the special effects budget going near-100% towards dragons. Which I'm kind of okay with but I miss my big ol' doggo scenes.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm okay with Arya killing the Night King. Really have little issue with it. Jon or Dany would've been too predictable. Narratively, Jaime killing him would have been my favorite, so that he could be revered as the Kingslayer for the rest of his life. I think, though, D&D don't realize most people who watch this show haven't given a trout about Arya since since after s3, since she's been a little psychopath with a trout story since then. But, I don't understand the criticism that she wasn't really prepared to do an assassination. In any case, if they wanted someone unpredictable, I'd have rather seen someone like Gilly, Tyrion, or even someone completely smurfing random kill him. Seeing someone nearly scrape by with their life and just barely kill him to make him seem like an actual threat, and to make it feel like it was hard fought for. Regardless, I really got caught up in the moment, and how she got him was bad ass. It would've been better seeing her jump out of the godswood tree at least, just so people would shut up about where she came from.

My issue is that the last two seasons has been entirely about preparing for The Great War. The entire storyline of the Wall has always been about that. The story being handed to us has always been WE DON'T smurfING HAVE TIME FOR THIS. And then he's just one-shot. And there's really little explanation to his motives (Bran's bulltrout in e2 is BARELY an explanation, and it's only an explanation about why the NK wants HIM), culture, whatever. All of this could be okay to me--life is unceremonious and we don't always get the answers we want. But the more I reflect, the more I think this would have worked if we'd had a full season.

I would have like to see devastating losses at Winterfell to the point they had to retreat, and only a small number of them were able to escape to the Iron Islands while licking their wounds. Only to find out the NK had been hiding his hands, and he actually can travel by water. Or see them have to retreat south. I don't know, there's many ways it could have been done. It's the fact that we've been building up to this episode for years, only to have the NK yeeted in one episode. It was too sudden and completely anticlimactic and unbelievable. That we only lost two important characters (Jorah and Theon) makes it moreso. Had we spent just another episode or two on the WW, and then find out NO ACTUALLY CERSEI IS THE FINAL BOSS, it would've subverted fantasy expectations, but also been more satisfying.

It's possible that they can still pull it out for me, as I've been saying. I'm not wholly convinced the AotD is gone, or that the Night King was the Night King, or what have you. But that could be me grasping at straws for wanting an actually cohesive story. Only the next few weeks will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

quick question: did Rheagal die?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've got a friend who's team Cersei now just out of spite for how she thinks the show's going and she feels like Cersei has been the smartest player in the game.

Idk maybe that's a bit much but

I've seen a lot of complaints about the darkness (visual) of the episode and feeling like they couldn't see anything, but I thought that was kind of the point. It was a night shoot, and just like the characters, you have a hard time knowing what's going on when your light has been extinguished and there are hordes of walkers jumping over each other to kill you World War Z style. They slowed the action down during pivotal moments, so you didn't have to stress about "missing a character death". And the parts that were intentionally lit up, the barricade, the blue dragon fire etc really shined.

My favorite part was the last few moments where the piano took over as the main noise and peoples groaning and breathing were the background noise. It's a nice reversal of sound which I appreciated.

I also found the scenes with Viserion double harrowing, not just because of this terrifying dragon chasing people, but because it would also be against his will fighting his brothers. I don't know if when someone "turns" if there's a little part of their consciousness left inside of them, but that would be horrifically sad.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Also shoutout to the extras who spend most of their screentime in your peripheral vision but they help to create the feeling that the world is real and full of people.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Rhaegal didn't die. He's in a preview for next week. Ghost is there too. I thought Rhaegal died at first, but I was wrong.

I'VE BEEN TEAM CERSEI FOR AWHILE BUT EVEN MORESO NOW

gottt.jpg

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I feel like they've done the NK narrative the way they have so they can explain so much more with a prequel series..

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Someone please tell me they share this view and I'm not alone:

I slowly grew to loathe Lyanna Mormont and I'm smurfing glad she's dead. It was a one note joke that was funny the first 3 or 4 times but slowly grew stale, and by the end of it we had this 10 year old with literally no military experience - seriously, even Sansa has more experience of battles than Lyanna - directing a god damn siege defence and takes out a giant. Why? Because she speaks bluntly and the fans loved the sassy child with no actual personality beyond awkwardly delivering truths so the writers pandered. ugh. thank u, next

oh, also, yeah, smurf it, #teamcersei at this point. Other than her faith militant mishap, she's comfortably the most intelligent person on the show and deserves her victory.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I feel like they've done the NK narrative the way they have so they can explain so much more with a prequel series..
    And that's lazy as smurf, and a big smurf you to the fans of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Someone please tell me they share this view and I'm not alone:

I slowly grew to loathe Lyanna Mormont and I'm smurfing glad she's dead. It was a one note joke that was funny the first 3 or 4 times but slowly grew stale, and by the end of it we had this 10 year old with literally no military experience - seriously, even Sansa has more experience of battles than Lyanna - directing a god damn siege defence and takes out a giant. Why? Because she speaks bluntly and the fans loved the sassy child so the writers pandered. ugh. thank u, next

oh, also, yeah, smurf it, #teamcersei at this point. Other than her faith militant mishap, she's comfortably the most intelligent person on the show and deserves her victory.
    I'm actually kind of with you on Lyanna Mormont. She was great when she told off Jon and Sansa, then meanmugged Ramsay, then declared Jon King in Da Norf. After that, I wouldn't have minded her being around in scenes or even having lines, but they just turned her into the brat because HAHA BAD ASS KID. I think her actress was great, they just used the schtick a little too much. I think she was very brave, but she should've listened to Jorah and gone down in the crypts, because she was the future of her house, and now it's gone. I like how she went out, though, and thought it was completely bad ass.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    And that's lazy as smurf, and a big smurf you to the fans of the series.
    Yeah, that's hollywood for you.

well i, for one, am glad the night king is dead. he was a wight supremacist, after all

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Now that we've seen Melisandre's full story, I think it's easier to see why GRRM had previously called her the most or one of the most misunderstood characters.

I think early on a lot of people thought of her as an evil witch, putting leeches on yer boy Gendry or orchestrating the burning of Shireen. And people ascribed these actions to malicious intent, or thought the lord of light was either evil or just an excuse for the actions of a madwoman.

But now it's easier to see she was more of a pragmatist, prioritizing the grand scheme of things over the moral outcomes in the moment. She was genuine in her beliefs. She definitely wasn't infallible, she could only go off what the flames showed her at the time which is a bad wifi connection at best. But I think at this point, in this world, we've seen that the lord of light is real. Early on you might have been able to pass it on as superstition or schizophrenia but now the game is showing its true colors.

Also, she knows I exist and I'll forever be giddy and flying to the moon about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Carice van Houten was awesome, but I will never like Melisandre because I hate religious fanatics. Beric was annoying too, but he was kind most of the time, so he sort of gets a pass.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't know, unlike, say, the Faith of the Seven, there's clearly something to this R'hllor business. When it has the power that we've seen it have I can understand being fanatical about it.