Page 506 of 528 FirstFirst ... 6406456486496500501502503504505506507508509510511512516526 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Honestly, there's so much I'd like to see that's different. Like yeah, Stannis is still very much alive in the books. We don't know if he even has an end or not in the story. So I'm a bit excited to see what they do with everyone.

The show is its own thing, I mean it has been from the beginning. So I kinda hate being like "but in the books!" cause they only ever have been more loose in their comparisons. Like the whole Catelyn arc. Hell just the general lack of Wolves and warging the show has. They're really their own thing so I don't like being like "but this one point in the books said XYZ" cause they said xyz a lot and we are way past xyz

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

REREAD MY LAST PARAGRAPH YOU GRAPE
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Happy Star Wars weekend my dudes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’d just like to ask the father of the two farm boys whether he feels Theon deserves redemption... and yes, I am going to pull the father card here... if anyone burned and killed your child/children then you might feel a tad different.

I appreciate the lengths Theon has gone to do good since ‘sausagegate’ but he deserved to die and I’m glad he’s dead.

Edit: Also, why was Theon protecting Bran/TER from all those wights when the NK needed him for non-fighty/touchy-feely time??

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Considering those two farm boys were orphans, probably their father didn’t have much of an opinion of if they died or not.

Re: the father card
    If your son was stolen from you at the age of 5, you might be more understanding towards him turning into kind of a trouthead.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I’d just like to ask the father of the two farm boys whether he feels Theon deserves redemption...
    I appreciate we're talking about the show here, but interestingly in the book the father of those two boys is... Theon. (or at least strongly implied if not outright stated) Which of course makes it all the more monstrous.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Re: the father card
    If your son was stolen from you at the age of 5, you might be more understanding towards him turning into kind of a trouthead.
    Understanding, yes. Forgiving? No.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I’d just like to ask the father of the two farm boys whether he feels Theon deserves redemption... and yes, I am going to pull the father card here... if anyone burned and killed your child/children then you might feel a tad different.
    There's a difference between justice and vengeance. Parents usually want the latter and not the former. Therefore I don't actually care about the parents thoughts on what sort of punishment is justified.

The torture he went through alone was worse than death would have been and he still had to live with the extreme trauma for years after. And since I firmly believe the goal of any system of justice should be to rehabilitate, I'm totally fine with a largely rehabilitated Theon at the end not being further punished for a crime he's largely suffered enough for already.

And no argument from emotions will ever change my mind on this for the record. Someone who actively works toward redeeming themselves and is plainly a changed human being in every way that really matters is always deserving of a second chance and forgiveness in my eyes.

And while I don't and never will have children, if I did I wouldn't want to be the person deciding how their killer is punished. I know I wouldn't be capable of executing justice and I refuse to become a murderer solely because someone I loved was murdered. Rationally I'd rather see someone redeemed and I'd rather other people continue to pursue that goal when I have experienced things that may render me incapable or unlikely of doing it myself.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Speaking of popular artists making music for the show, I remember a few years ago now when iTunes had something like "Catch the Thrones: The Mixtape" and had things like Snoop Dogg rapping about the Lannisters. The first few seconds of each song tend to be dialogue from the show.

A few of my personal favorites from that one:

Mastodon - White Walkers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK4WYmTOjdI

Self explanatory. Also cool to listen to this season.

Killswitch Engage - Loyalty
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNz0V6cwSlE

A song for the unbowed, unbent, unbroken. Kicks total ass and is worth listening to 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Major plot points from tonight's episode were leaked. Whew lads.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Video out for one of the songs

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let us all mourn for the saddest death of the series: the possibility of a Jaime and Brienne relationship.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The rhaegal loss got me more than Messandei. It was such a surprise. I legit squealed in horror. Honestly, meh to messandei's death. I was never too attached to her.

Also, they should all listen to Sansa more.

Also wtf, Ghost had legit wounds, messing an ear even, and they just like "he's going to live with uncle Torumnd"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tormund will treat him better than Jon ever has. > Also, I get the feeling this will be the last we see of Tormund, if not a small scene in the epilogue, which makes sense narratively. It's fine, he's gonna go back to doign whatever the smurf it is Tormund does and have adventures with his kick ass new dog.

How are you feeling with the death of Gendrya? Shippers on suicide watch tonight.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

There's a sad dog all over Twitter.