Page 507 of 528 FirstFirst ... 7407457487497501502503504505506507508509510511512513517527 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I mean, I get it. But poor gendry. He was so excited and she just nopes.

Guy cant catch a break. Gets legitimized and still cant make a girl date him.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That look Daenerys gave Jon though.

Emilia Clarke has taken a lot of trout for her dead eyes but god damn if they weren't perfect for that scene wow

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Those northerners sure are ahead of the rest of Westeros when it comes to some things.

7OYjYq4.jpg

Winterfell is a major city, it's normal to have a Starbucks on every street.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I have to admire Sansa's dedication to the "Men in my family die when they go South" line. Men in your family also die when you reveal their closest secrets to the Lannisters, so let's hope you've learned your less... oh. oh no but sansa you're the smartest person arya knows

Also what the hell is this sudden squeamishness when it comes to collateral damage? It's a smurfing war, it's trout but it's not madness either. How many innocent smallfolk died in the Riverlands because of the Stark v Lannister war you engineered, Varys? Come on, dude, your hands aren't any cleaner. Daenerys isn't going to go around killing random people but oh she's mad because... idk? i guess she got a funny look in her eye? In Westeros, the worst thing she's done was to burn the Tarlys and that wasn't really a black-and-white issue.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the problem is what Dany's message has always been. She's always spoken of saving the smallfolk from tyrants; if she starts willfully burning people, she's a complete hypocrite. Her entire reason d'etre for taking the throne is gone. Also, keep in mind--there's still a trout ton of wildfire below King's Landing. If she attacks the wrong part, the whole smurfing thing goes up. Very likely she isn't condemning some innocent people, but the one million that is said to live there. It only took 3 little candles to bring down Baelor's Sept and a giant portion of the city.

I guess when you hold yourself to a higher standard, and use it for your claim, people expect you to stick to that standard? Of course, Daenerys has always deluded herself about her own morals. She aligns herself with slavers, rapists, child killers, and the like, so she's never been a good person. I'll say this: since she no longer has a birthright claim to the throne (and hasn't since Robert took it, don't @ me), right of conquest is the only thing going for her. But it just goes against everything she's always preached about.

Varys is the only one with a moral smurfing conscience right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The shortened seasons were a mistake.

Even if you have to create some other small side plot to pad some time, let's find a way to get Grey Worm and Missandei more than 3 seconds of screentime together, or have Jon and Dany not fall in love over a period of like 3 episodes, or have Jon actually spend time with his wolf, or have a solo White Walker episode like Westworld did for the Ghost Nation tribe. It's not like they're following a blueprint anymore.

Shout out to the new prince of Dorne who was mentioned just so the show could say "we totally remember that place exists, right?"

They're really gonna do Ghost like that? Your boy is MISSING AN EAR and you can't console him at all? smurf it, he'd be happier north of the wall surrounded by nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    this show has a really bad problem of reminding you direwolves exist right before killing them or making them disappear forever.
    So this aged well.

Btw is there some sort of stalemate rule or something when the Hands come together to discuss terms? Dany shows up to the front gates of King's Landing with like 12 unsullied and after it goes sour they're just allowed to leave I guess?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post

How are you feeling with the death of Gendrya? Shippers on suicide watch tonight.
    i never expected them to ever become an actuall couple, and it seems i was right.

arya will never yield to a domestic life

Shout out to the new prince of Dorne who was mentioned just so the show could say "we totally remember that place exists, right?"
    Uh no. That was just to add details to the strategy meeting not remind us Dorne exists. They could have said the Duchess of Dollet for all it matters, but it makes more sense to mention places that have actually been established as existing in the world.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I have to admire Sansa's dedication to the "Men in my family die when they go South" line. Men in your family also die when you reveal their closest secrets to the Lannisters, so let's hope you've learned your less... oh. oh no but sansa you're the smartest person arya knows
    Yeah. She doesn't like Dany. She knows this info will do a lot of damage. So she told the one person she knew and trusted that it would spread where it should to undermine her.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Uh no. That was just to add details to the strategy meeting not remind us Dorne exists. They could have said the Duchess of Dollet for all it matters, but it makes more sense to mention places that have actually been established as existing in the world.
    It wasn't either of those things. It was basically just D&D saying "shut up, we know we created a stupid plot and a power vacuum, here, let's have an unnamed random new prince in Dorne so you'll shut up".

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Oof the hyperbole didn't track. Lol do you think I literally meant we forgot about Dorne?

I basically meant that they mentioned Dorne and since there's 2 episodes left they probably aren't going to do anything with that information.

Do you think if we're lucky, there's wildfire underneath this thread?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If we're lucky, there's wildfire in the HBO home offices and we don't have to see the trout ending.

Btw, the rest of the season has been leaked (not the episodes, but the plot points) MONTHS ago and no one thought it was real until yesterday's episode confirmed it. It's really bad.

really

really

REALLY

bad

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    It wasn't either of those things. It was basically just D&D saying "shut up, we know we created a stupid plot and a power vacuum, here, let's have an unnamed random new prince in Dorne so you'll shut up".
    None of these are really contradictory btw

Me: The show brought up Dorne to put a bow on a plotline that's done going anywhere.

Golbez: It added details to the meeting

Jinx: The showrunners done goofed etc

It all seems legit tbh