Page 55 of 528 FirstFirst ... 53545495051525354555657585960616575105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    A bunch of reasons.
    The problem is that Dany is the one putting herself in these situations. She brings competent people to her cause by virtue of her heritage and dragons alone. She's the one who decided to cross the Red Wastes with a company of weak and elderly without direction. It was smart to use her bloodriders as scouts, but you can't neglect that she put herself in that situation in the first place. Each victory credits a defeat: she did not properly understand her role in the Khalasar, and so was put in a terrible situation due to it. (SPOILER)When she sacked Astapor, she left it in a state where it very quickly degenerated into a civil war until it was conquered by her enemies. Dany's best moments only come when she's put herself in a really bad situation and manages to dig herself (or, often, have someone else dig her) out.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's making really complicated decisions though. And, yeah, she's surrounded by competent people, but very few of them are trustworthy--most are just out for their own power.

For a teenage girl who spent her whole life in hiding and being told her bitchbaby brother is The Dragon, I think she's doing very well. Give a girl some credit! For most of ADWD she's sitting in one place trying to move carefully, but damn if none of her options don't have really troutty consequences.

46 screenshots from the trailer

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man.

I can't wait for

(SPOILER)"What I want..."

"... is Casterly Rock."

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

This season's trailer wasn't as interesting to me as last seasons. I dunno why. Maybe it's cause i know they are splitting this season up. I'm curious as to where they'll leave it off

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    She's making really complicated decisions though. And, yeah, she's surrounded by competent people, but very few of them are trustworthy--most are just out for their own power.

For a teenage girl who spent her whole life in hiding and being told her bitchbaby brother is The Dragon, I think she's doing very well. Give a girl some credit! For most of ADWD she's sitting in one place trying to move carefully, but damn if none of her options don't have really troutty consequences.
    I agree with this assessment.

kcfeUQ8h.jpg
    What castle is this, anyone have an idea?

rKvtu9Dh.jpg
    HE LOOKS LIKE VOLDEMORT

BAKFa4fh.jpg
    These must be the Unsullied, right? Awesome, can't wait to see them!

egslhadh.jpg
    Damn, can't believe we're getting that far already! I feel like all this stuff happens much later, but I'm excited to see it will be covered.

xR0EFudh.jpg
    SO EXCITED

TO60rkmh.jpg
    Jon looks more and more like a sad puppy with every season. Is he howling in this? I hope he's howling.

(SPOILER)
    ng7Bm57h.jpg
    THIS IS THAT SCENE ISN'T IT

:monster:

(SPOILER)I'm going to be surprised if they get to that scene this season. As far as I remember it was about two-thirds of the way through the book. On the other hand I suppose it's possible they'll screw with chronology and leave it as the cliffhanger for season four.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

(SPOILER)There are so many places that the third season can stop as a cliff hanger. I am of the opinion that it will stop with Jon Snow's naming as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. It isn't as great of an ending as RW but I think it would be sufficient enough if done right. Though I'm not sure where each event falls into place in the book, since it has been awhile since I have read them. I am less concerned about following the books (individually, anyway) to the letter and more concerned about them making the series good.

The castle in the first picture is either Storm's End or Dragonstone. It looks like it could be either of them, since they have a lot in common. I'm guessing Dragonstone though.
    Last edited by Bunny; 02-24-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I assumed it was Dragonstone.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I assumed it was Dragonstone.
    As did I.

Also:
    (SPOILER) Man, I REALLY hope we get to see RW this year. I think it'd make a pretty climatic cliff-ending. They could even end it where it looks like Arya is killed, like the chapter did in the book. She's a fan favourite, so hooo trout, people would be going crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

(SPOILER)I'm pretty sure RW is going to make it into the season, but toward the end. GRRM's and the showrunners' interviews indicated that much.

I feel very morbid for saying this, but I'd want the season to end with them putting Grey Wind's head on Robb's body. Send the viewers off with even more trauma and tears.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    (SPOILER)I'm pretty sure RW is going to make it into the season, but toward the end. GRRM's and the showrunners' interviews indicated that much.

I feel very morbid for saying this, but I'd want the season to end with them putting Grey Wind's head on Robb's body. Send the viewers off with even more trauma and tears.
    (SPOILER) If we don't see Robb's penis before he dies, I will be a very unhappy Samantha.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

(SPOILER)Given that Jon becomes Lord Commander in his very last chapter, I find ending the season there unlikely. I imagine the last we'll see of Jon Snow this season is when he escapes from the Wildlings south of the Wall. If they pass up the opportunity to end this season with the Red Wedding, I'll be stunned.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    (SPOILER)Given that Jon becomes Lord Commander in his very last chapter, I find ending the season there unlikely. I imagine the last we'll see of Jon Snow this season is when he escapes from the Wildlings south of the Wall. If they pass up the opportunity to end this season with the Red Wedding, I'll be stunned.
    (SPOILER) I think it'd be one hell of an ending. Since there's a good portion of people who watch the show that do not read the books, I can just imagine Reddit now...

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So many things I must resist clicking on...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Tj2f81L9ax

Got bored, and I'm so psyched about GoT right now, I recorded myself singing Rains of Castamere acapella.

Yes, I know the sound quality is trout and no, I don't know how to turn my mic down. fu, windows 8