Page 71 of 528 FirstFirst ... 215161656667686970717273747576778191121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    ADwD Isn't Dany still next in line for the throne? Rhaegar may have been the heir to Aerys, but he was never king. Dany is the last child of Aerys, so even though she is female, the true line of succession should be first to her, THEN to Aegon.

I don't think this is a spoiler, as it is talked about in both the show and the book, but go ahead and read at your own caution if you haven't read the books. Or just read the books, for christ jesus.

I was just thinking this morning...does Dany understand what her father was really like? She keeps talking about being the dragon, and the honour and birthright of the Targaryens, etc etc. Keep in mind, most of the stories she'd heard about the Targaryens and Westeros were from Viserys. The others were from people who wanted to manipulate to see Viserys/Dany on the throne. They're also the same people saying that people are secretly wishing for the Targaryens to come back. (And we as the reader/viewer know this isn't true--at the very least, we never see anything that makes us believe that.)

So, does she really know? If she did, would she be so proud of him? Would she feel that Westeros was still hers, or at least understand why people supported the Usurper?

I figure no, because Dany is a weak, entitled brat who expects everyone to love her. But even still. What do you guys think?
    You should go back and reread ADwD because those issues are address or attempted to. I get that you don't like Dany but your judgement about her is heavily clouded. It is unlikely Dany expects everyone to like her since up-until her relationship with Khal Drogo, her main human relationship (her brother) was abusive. 14+ years of abuse will do that to you. Moreover, given the situations she has overcome she isn't weak. I will not say she doesn't have flaws, she does. Many of them due to her young age: she's self-righteous, prideful, quick to anger, naive/innocent, among other things. Weak? No. Maybe a little crazy, but not weak. A weak person could not do half the stuff she did.

Also, all her knowledge of her family up-until recently in the series came from her brother, Viserys. Who, as I recall, didn't spend much time with his father. Moreover, I think he was completely removed from the Red Keep towards the end of Aerys the Mad's reign. He didn't get to see his father's fall and as a kid was most definitely kept out of the loop. So yes, Dany was obviously bias about her dad because the only source of information was her brother. It is only later, in her encounters with (SPOILER)Selmy Barristan that she gets a much better understanding of the cruelty of her father.

Mostly, it seems like you are projecting Viserys' flaws onto Dany which is severely unfair. Given if you take their leadership and ability to move people to their cause, you can see the Viserys serves more as a foil for the type of ruler Dany is becoming. She may not be the cleverest girl, but she isn't stupid. She saw what her brother's behaviour got him. I am not saying that she isn't without flaws; the books do acknowledge that through other characters. But it is not the picture you are painting.

As for people whispering about the return of the Taragryen to Westeros? It is fair to put some of that on Viserys' conceit. Yet, at the same time it is basically what it appears that (SPOILER)Varys is planning by pushing Westeros in ruins and setting it up to be saved by a Targaryen (assuming that is his plan and not just another front of his).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dany never listens to people's advice, and instead does what she wants. And then she smurfs everything up because she didn't listen to advice. Then she takes it out on the people who gave her the advice she didn't take and expects them to clean it up.

She's a brat.

Also, for me, Viserys and Dany are very similar characters. So I feel that their flaws are one and the same. It's just she's too wrapped up in herself and feeling important because of her damn dragons to realize she's battrout insane. Of course, she probably wouldn't either way...I odn't think she'd ever admit to herself she was crazy. But, you get my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Hey Del here's a spoiler you CAN open!

(SPOILER)Pod becomes King of Westeros. Forever. And everyone else who is ever named in the books DIES.
    smurf yeah.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

So supposedly theory about S3/book replacementsGendry will take up Edric Storm's storyline. In a preview posted on WIC, Melisandre is briefly seen talking to a dark-haired young man. From behind, he does kinda look like Gendry.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    So supposedly theory about S3/book replacementsGendry will take up Edric Storm's storyline. In a preview posted on WIC, Melisandre is briefly seen talking to a dark-haired young man. From behind, he does kinda look like Gendry.
    That would make sense. If I remember correctly in the books Gendry hasn't played much of an important role since Harrenhal/the Brotherhood Without Banners. This would be a good way to keep his character relevant/watchers emotionally attached to him.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    That would make sense. If I remember correctly in the books Gendry hasn't played much of an important role since Harrenhal/the Brotherhood Without Banners. This would be a good way to keep his character relevant/watchers emotionally attached to him.
    Right. I wouldn't mind it. (SPOILER)More Joe Dempsie is fine with me.

Some people in the Gendry x Arya fandom (which I'm unashamedly a part of... kind of) is freaking out a little, though. Lol. They want their Peach Brothel/Acorn Hall/Acorn Dress stuff. *shrugs*

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

(SPOILER)But this makes it entirely unlikely that Gendry gets all up in his half-sister without even knowing its his half-sister.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    (SPOILER)But this makes it entirely unlikely that Gendry gets all up in his half-sister without even knowing its his half-sister.
    Wait, wait. Did this happen in the books? I must've missed this part....

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Wait, wait. Did this happen in the books? I must've missed this part....
    Yes, in the booksHe's referring to where Bella (or whatever her name is) approached Gendry at the brothel wondering if he wanted her to "ring his bells." She claimed to be one of Robert's bastards.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh dude, I totally missed that part. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dany never listens to people's advice, and instead does what she wants. And then she smurfs everything up because she didn't listen to advice. Then she takes it out on the people who gave her the advice she didn't take and expects them to clean it up.

She's a brat.

Also, for me, Viserys and Dany are very similar characters. So I feel that their flaws are one and the same. It's just she's too wrapped up in herself and feeling important because of her damn dragons to realize she's battrout insane. Of course, she probably wouldn't either way...I odn't think she'd ever admit to herself she was crazy. But, you get my point.
    People give her troutty advice. Most of them just want to use her for her dragons. I'd ignore them too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fair enough.

But the choices she makes on her own are still terrible.

And no, her being young isn't an excuse. In Westeros, she's basically an adult woman. She considers herself and adult, and a smurfing Queen, and does adult things. I don't care if she's only 13-15 years old. It's not an excuse.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dani doesn't need good decisions, she's got the plot on her side. Every time trout is about to go down for her some deus ex machina comes out of nowhere and saves the day.
    Last edited by kotora; 03-31-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Today's Sunday, meaning it's the US premiere time for Season Three! I've got to wait till tomorrow, unfortunately.

I'm sure we're all waiting patiently for Valar Dohaeris. While your waiting, feel free to enjoy this stunning rendition of the opening theme music.

I'd put a Youtube tag in, but it never seems to work.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Watching HBO2's marathon of S2 right now. Hyyypppeeeddd.

And even after watching, several times, S2 spoilerthe episode where Theon decapitates Rodrik Cassel, his last line to Bran and Rickon and their crying faces still make me tear up. Maybe I'm just ultra sensitive today.