Page 325 of 528 FirstFirst ... 225275305315319320321322323324325326327328329330331335345375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My take on it was that Sansa knew she would have to consummate the marriage this time - and was prepared to do what had to be done. However, his horrible sadistic manner and making Theon watch was what changed it all for her. I like that we only saw Theon's face. It sort of mirrored our own expression and I don't believe it means that Sansa's story is being handed over to him, or anything like that, I think it's just that we as viewers wouldn't want to see that happening as it is horrific - the nastiness of it. We all knew she'd have to shag him.... But like that, bent over with her dress ripped... We don't want to see Sansa's innocence stolen and that's what made it so hard for me. Just my take!

also, just a thought I've had. Sansa is a complete opposite of the likes of Maergery and Cersei in that I don't think she'll be able to use sex as a weapon or tool to manipulate Ramsey. She'll have to come up with something far more clever and sinister which I think is brilliant.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

us on GoT

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

My boyfriend is a show only watcher and he ws saying "Well Stannis will enact some justice on the Boltons. He has an army, he's awesome. It'll happen." So I put the fear in him cause it's funny to watch him squirm about this show, "Yes but you said that about robb too and oberyn...." "SHADDUP. OMG SHADDUP. HE WONT DIE." bahahahahaha at this point it's just me messing with him.

I am not going to comment on the rape scene but do people really like Sansa that much? To me she is absolutely annoying character ever since season one (true she is a little more tolerable now, but still far from my liking) and I don't personally think she is even that pretty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think Sansa is one of the most interesting characters with one of the most interesting stories. And Sophie Turner is objectively beautiful, what the heck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Well to me it seems just like she was absolutely naive maiden at the beginning and really annoying with that overly girly attitude she had. Then we saw her getting whipped like 4 seasons in a row so they decided to give her a little more depth so it's not so repetive with her.

Also my view of beauty is a little different than many peoples I guess. Models are objectively beautiful by nowadays standards yet I don't particularly enjoy almost any of them.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The Dorne stuff was amateur, which sucks because it looks like it could have been a lot better. Also Arya's story is getting boring because it's going slowly and there doesn't seem to be any point to it.

I also loved to see the return of the best character in the show, Olenna Tyrell.
    Yes and yes and yes.

The fight scene in Dorne was just cheese. The fight scenes in general have gotten worse this season. Do they have a new choreographer or something?

Arya's scene in the head room seemed to go on forever. I mean, after 5 seconds, it's just like, oh and more heads, and here's some more heads, AND LOOK AT ALL THE HEADS FROM FAR AWAY AREN'T YOU OVERWHELMED. I think her story will pick up steam from here, though.

More Olenna, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I actually think this was the least objectionable rape scene in the entire show.
    I agree. I was expecting so much worse. I was expecting more nudity, more shots of Ramsay, probably a shot from behind Ramsay as he thrusts, you know, all that exploitative stuff they usually go for on the show. Not that it wasn't hard to watch or that I don't wish it had been there at all, but it just seems odd to me that this scene in particular has set people off when there's been much more horrendous scenes in seasons past.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut
    In that regard, both Sansa and Arya are now travelling similar arcs.
    Did you notice the similar hair-washing scenes with Sansa and Arya? In Arya's first scene she washes dead people hair, and there are shots of her squeezing the wetness out into a bowl. The same shot happens in Sansa's bath scene, as Myranda washes the black dye out of Sansa's hair.

The show seems to be developing Arya and Sansa in loose parallel. They're both being broken down, they're both going to become something new now. They've lost the innocence and naivety of childhood, and now they're in the process of losing the fear that has defined their lives since Ned's death. I think we will see them transform the pain that they've gone through into strength, albeit in different ways. Hopefully.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

The rape scene was lazy, repetitive writing, that did not advance anyone's storyline. I wouldn't call it enraging, but is boring, and disappointing. I'm not sure, but I think I would have preferred the end camerawork to focus on Sansa, especially if we are to believe that she steeling herself and making this sacrifice for future power, etc. There have, of course, been worse rape scenes (Cersei, for example, my god), but viewers are free to dole out chances and hold out hope for better writing while enjoying the glimmers of hope characters experience - and in the case of The Mary Sue commentary, that's what they've done. I also find it distasteful that the scene seems to centre on "poor Theon" as he has to watch another woman suffer yet again. I don't think that they are being "babies", but I do hope that they honour what they have said.

Having watched this, I feel a bit like I did when I decided to stop watching "Girls" - there is some humour, some enjoyment in turnabout and comeuppances and escapes (thumbs up for Mr Eko and Sansa's bathtub shut-down), but mostly just an ever-present feeling of discomfort and gratuitous nudity/sexual violence. With both shows, I find myself shielding my eyes or tab-surfing more than just engaging with the show, and I seldom feel happy or even comfortable after watching. I can see why people enjoy the show, but there's a lot of telly out there, and I think it's time for me to change the channel. Someone call me if they make a buddy knight movie, eh?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree, Calliope. At this point I keep watching because I've been doing so for years and I'm invested. But sometimes the show feels just too blaaah. I'd like just a FEW wins to set off all the trout.

And yeah, yeah before people come at me saying "IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC BLAH BLAH", no, I GET THAT. But you need to feel like there's enough good things happening to your characters as well to keep you invested. All of this dark trout eventually becomes a bit boring and you become desensitized to it when there's nothing to counterbalance it. Sure, bad things happen, especially during wars and political upheavals. But I think in in-show two years time, something good would happen to SOMEONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I agree, Calliope. At this point I keep watching because I've been doing so for years and I'm invested. But sometimes the show feels just too blaaah. I'd like just a FEW wins to set off all the trout.

And yeah, yeah before people come at me saying "IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC BLAH BLAH", no, I GET THAT. But you need to feel like there's enough good things happening to your characters as well to keep you invested. All of this dark trout eventually becomes a bit boring and you become desensitized to it when there's nothing to counterbalance it. Sure, bad things happen, especially during wars and political upheavals. But I think in in-show two years time, something good would happen to SOMEONE.
    podrick payne exists

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Hot pie was able to not go to the wall and now he makes Wolf shaped pastries

Articles

Walder Frey seems fairly cheerful too. Like, he actively enjoys being a grumpy old smurf, and he gets to have a new wife after the Red Wedding.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Littlefinger seems to be very pleased with himself as well. he always looks very

Articles

Jon Snow got promoted to Lord freakin' Commander and cut the head off a man who betrayed his father.