Page 401 of 528 FirstFirst ... 301351381391395396397398399400401402403404405406407411421451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    People have analysed what Sansa's letter said.

There's spoilers, I guess: (SPOILER)

http://imgur.com/a/p2mfe

So looks like we're going to have a LotR style Ride of the Rohirrim save at Winterfell.
    (SPOILER)I was thinking more along the lines of Gandalf the White coming in near the end of the TT battle with an army at his side, myself. But that seems to be where it's leading. If I had one major criticism for this season so far it's that it been largely predictable except for a few twists here or there.

As for the Arya scene, I'm just going to assume it's poor writing so I'm not disappointed if none of the theories out there ends up being true. Though if that's the case it's definitely going to be a serious low point in what has otherwise been a pretty decent season for the most part. The bait theory at least makes more sense than (SPOILER)it being Jaqen, or the more trippy the waif is actually a part of Arya's psyche and her killing Arya signifies her transformation into no one, but if that turns out to be true I'm going to be pissed.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Arya got stabbed 4-5 times and in one she twisted it as well. That's a lot of wound. It immediately reminded me of Talisa's stabbing, actually.

Anyway, apart from that I found the episode to be a bit of a lull.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Waif is part of Arya's psyche. No-one else can see the Waif apart from Arya and Jaqen.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I see two explanations for Arya walking through the streets after being stabbed and both male perfect sense frankly.

A) she's actually taking and laying a trap and wants them to think she's hurt while knowing she's alive. I find this the least likely if only because a plan that relies on getting stabbed in just the right place is a stupid plan.
    B) she was, in fact, stabbed repeatedly in the gut and needs help. By the way, she needs help urgently of that's the case. Stabbed or shot in the gut is a good way to die a slow painful death and not something easily treated by yourself with some fancy first aid. She has no choice but to go looking for help, but realizes on the street that any of them could be faceless men planning to kill her and she can't trust a single person.

Whichever way you look at it her walking down the street makes a lot of sense.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ayen! dont steal my job :P

a long funny gif http://9gag.com/gag/aGxPrp0

The Hound told m so..

GoT-Pokemon!!
    Last edited by Shaibana; 06-07-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm going with B. Just because when she got out of the water (no one was around, the Waif had left) she was terrified and obviously in pain. Whose benefit was she doing that for? No one's.

Although Pheesh's post had a good point, that should could be laying a play, while being actively terrified at being stabbed. I'd ask why she wanted to leave Braavos the next morning if it were a trap/plan (although Faceless Men travel all over), so there's another argument there.

I think Arya gun die, guys. Unless she kills everyone in the House of Black and White, they'll always be coming for her. Especially if she slaughters them one by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think if she was gonna die they would have been better off showing her die. This is, after all, Game of Thrones. To leave it with her still barely alive would be unusual, and would leave us with no POV character in the city to allow us to see what happens after. It all seems very Hound-like to me, and we've seen what happened to him. MIRACLE LIFE! Or something.

My prediction? The only person in that city capable and (vaguely) likely to save her would be Jaqen. I'm unaware of anyone else in the city who could stumble across her at this point and would be likely to save her.

But otherwise yeah she probably will die and in all honesty it would seem to be all rather pointless for all this plot in the grand scheme of things if she just got snuffed. I'm legit trying to think of a major character death that didn't come without some kind of reasoning or... something to justify the length of video spent on them.

Only other person who might save her... the lady from the play.

So at this stage while all logic says she should be dead, because of the fact she didn't die in that very episode I think she'll survive thanks to either the lady from the play or Jaqen. Or some new character or sudden magical "oh look who's back you thought they were gone forever" character. ...Gendry?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't necessarily mean from this. Just that I find it unlikely she'll make it to the end of the series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I think if she was gonna die they would have been better off showing her die. This is, after all, Game of Thrones. To leave it with her still barely alive would be unusual, and would leave us with no POV character in the city to allow us to see what happens after. It all seems very Hound-like to me, and we've seen what happened to him. MIRACLE LIFE! Or something.

My prediction? The only person in that city capable and (vaguely) likely to save her would be Jaqen. I'm unaware of anyone else in the city who could stumble across her at this point and would be likely to save her.

But otherwise yeah she probably will die and in all honesty it would seem to be all rather pointless for all this plot in the grand scheme of things if she just got snuffed. I'm legit trying to think of a major character death that didn't come without some kind of reasoning or... something to justify the length of video spent on them.

Only other person who might save her... the lady from the play.

So at this stage while all logic says she should be dead, because of the fact she didn't die in that very episode I think she'll survive thanks to either the lady from the play or Jaqen. Or some new character or sudden magical "oh look who's back you thought they were gone forever" character. ...Gendry?
    Why does no one jump on board the Syrio train with me!?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    People have analysed what Sansa's letter said.

There's spoilers for the rest of the season, I guess: (SPOILER)

http://imgur.com/a/p2mfe

So looks like we're going to have a LotR style Ride of the Rohirrim save at Winterfell.
    Didn't they say they couldn't send Ravens cause it'd get intercepted. Maybe she sent this to get intercepted and the boltons change their forces to accommodate a force not there.

or no

that'd be too much. Probably just what it means.

Also I saw a picture of when Arya was in the House of Black and White where she saw the face that the waif used. So she knew that was the waif.

Blog Entries

I think if she was gonna die they would have been better off showing her die. This is, after all, Game of Thrones. To leave it with her still barely alive would be unusual
    A possibility (though I hope it's not true), is the reason she is shown as barely alive is because we wont hear from her for a while and she will re-appear and we'll think "She's recovered huzza" she returns to Westeros and promptly stabs Jon Snow or some other beloved character and it turns out she died off-screen and they've taken her face.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 06-07-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She's in next week's preview.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't want to sound super picky about stuff but I wonder if maybe we could avoid pointing out anything that's shown in the preview trailers without using spoiler tags. It's just that I personally don't watch them as I don't like to know a single thing about what's coming up in the next episode (I also don't read what the episode is called, I don't look at the screencaps for the download etc).

It's a small thing and I'm probably the only one but it would be much appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Pic 7.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Pic 7.png
    smurf yes! Someone to share this long and lonely ride with!