Page 408 of 528 FirstFirst ... 308358388398402403404405406407408409410411412413414418428458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And honestly, even without adrenaline, you'd better believe I'd be doing my best to block out the pain and run like hell.

And we're seriously going to complain about a girl surviving being stabbed in the abdomen but another guy dying because of an infection caused by a small injury? Welcome to the real world. People survive horrific trauma all the time that you'd think would kill them while others die from the most mundane things imaginable. And honestly, based on where she was stabbed I'm not convinced that the blade couldn't have missed major organs.

Long story short, I've got no problem suspending my disbelief on this because stranger things happen in real life every single day.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, we seriously are.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The stabbing bit I can reason with. But like Night Fury said, the earlier part with her blowing out the candle felt like it was building up to something. Then suddenly, she's walking around with hardly a care.

My personal view is that the conclusion to her Braavos arc could have ended so much better, with a myriad of different possibilities as outlined by the many theories and 'what ifs' in this thread. Having said that, the overall Braavos plot wasn't bad. I liked Arya's developing of the self and moving away from pure vengeance to mercy, which actually mirrors slightly how the Hound is moving away from 'no morals or creed, killing for the sake of killing' to 'a semblance of decency'.

Thematically, I liked Arya's plot. But yeah that ending was just awful. Everything up to her saving Lady Crane was good. Everything after that went a bit of a shambles.

Blog Entries

The whole time she was laying in bed I was like "alright when's the waif gonna show up?" I wonder if Arya hadn't made any noise and gotten up if the waif would have known she was there?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think had they just cut out the critical stabbing, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. Yeah maybe she does cut her or hurt her by surprise but then cut to the terminator scene chase. Just omit the Lady Crane thing. Omit the stabbing and twisting. Hell, Injure Arya but not as badly. Show that her act was to lure her out and then lead her to the room. Adding in the gut stabbing and Lady Crane thing just added unnecessary "tension" that made the arya plot weaker. D & D probably fell so in love with their Lady Crane character they wanted to feature her more and they probably wanted the arya thing to feel as if there was a "more real sense of danger" but they ended up making it weaker.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    D & D probably fell so in love with their Lady Crane character they wanted to feature her more and they probably wanted the arya thing to feel as if there was a "more real sense of danger" but they ended up making it weaker.
    Unfortunately, falling in love with a minor character often means their death. Ugh. I don't like that she died.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    And honestly, even without adrenaline, you'd better believe I'd be doing my best to block out the pain and run like hell.

And we're seriously going to complain about a girl surviving being stabbed in the abdomen but another guy dying because of an infection caused by a small injury? Welcome to the real world. People survive horrific trauma all the time that you'd think would kill them while others die from the most mundane things imaginable. And honestly, based on where she was stabbed I'm not convinced that the blade couldn't have missed major organs.

Long story short, I've got no problem suspending my disbelief on this because stranger things happen in real life every single day.
    This is the part where I'd argue until I remember the story where the man shot in the head survives, but the woman shot in the arm dies at the hospital, so damn you and your rational argument making me reconsider my stance!

They still made Arya look idiotic as hell last week and Starks acting dumb when they should know better is really getting old.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, when you hear about people surviving things like bullets or knives to the brain, or even the removal of half the brain, and continuing to function quite normally while others cut themselves gardening and lose limbs, the things characters survive or get killed by seem a lot less ridiculous sometimes.

To me, the least believable survival in the show still feels like Bran to me, but since people have survived falls from 30,000 feet without parachutes in the right circumstances all I can say is my feelings don't know trout.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For all those saying "oh but it's Waif in disguise" - I know they can change their face, but can they also change their body height to such degrees? Pretty sure Arya was shortstuff compared to Waif. I'm not 100% certain though. I mean, Waif's disguise was literally peeled off her face and that was it. I tried slowing it down but I couldn't see any obvious other changes that happened. Dunno.

EDIT: Someone mentioned "But then how did Jaqen survive the poison he gave to the guy?" - The Princess Bride explains this well.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Oh, my god! xD

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It seemed like Arya's plan was to lure stupid girl into the candle room and murder her the entire time. She couldn't do that if she wasn't walking around to get seen. The plan hit a serious snag when Arya was stabbed, but in the end it worked out well enough. It seemed fairly obvious to me that Arya was luring the girl to her dark room during the chase, intentionally leaving trails of blood to make sure she was found.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    It seemed like Arya's plan was to lure stupid girl into the candle room and murder her the entire time. She couldn't do that if she wasn't walking around to get seen. The plan hit a serious snag when Arya was stabbed, but in the end it worked out well enough. It seemed fairly obvious to me that Arya was luring the girl to her dark room during the chase, intentionally leaving trails of blood to make sure she was found.
    I get everything except her getting stabbed. Surely she must have been more cautious. I understand flaunting her money and being visible, but after that, I'd be making my way back to the candle room of death, not hanging out on a bridge wistfully staring at the statue.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Even then, if that was their intent it seemed poorly executed.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ridiculous nitpickers.

I do like the theory that getting the Waif into the dark room was her plan the whole time. I'd buy that for a nickel.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well